GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Have you exercised today? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you exercised today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you exercised today?

I thought i'd start a thread where we can discuss and log our exercise efforts. As was pointed out on the weight loss thread, it's not all about the weight loss and exercise is important.

If people want me to create a log of number of activities per month then we can do that.

It can be a five minute walk with the dog or a ten mile walk up a mountain...a zumba class or a few stretches, it's up to you.

Re: What exercise have you done today?

Only my usual, walked about 2 miles, cycled about 4 miles, painted some doors, shifted a few barrows of rubble, mowed lawn and done some weeding.
    For far too many years I used to sit at a desk all day, don't know how I managed to make the time for it!!
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

This thread is a good idea!
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
        Only my usual, walked about 2 miles, cycled about 4 miles, painted some doors, shifted a few barrows of rubble, mowed lawn and done some weeding.
        For far too many years I used to sit at a desk all day, don't know how I managed to make the time for it!!
        my, you've been busy!!

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
        why thank you...glad you agree, wasn't sure how it's be received. x

i got a doctor's referral to the gym recently so i've been there today for an hour. it's a low level routine to get me started but it's enough for me

Comment

I have done absolutly none today been a right lazy bugger lol, however that is because I have been gardening the last few days and over done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
            So what you done today then?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Erm, i've just been to the fridge & back 4 a chocolate bar. Took me 2 minutes.

Comment

Re: Have you exercised today?

I've been to the loo upstairs 4 times, on crutches which feels like I've run four marathons..........
                interestingly i weigh about 4 pounds less than I did a week last Saturday (before I went on hols) and I have this bloody big cast thing on my leg!!!
                so do you lose weight when you break something?

Comment

Been on my feet since 7am, just finishing now then I will be lifting some beers
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good idea Conf!! Love this smiley

Awww bless you Dopes xxx

I've been very a lazy bugger too!! But will try and do more!!
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've been for a brisk 1 hour walk on the beach with the dogs. I have also surfed (well body boarded for a couple of hours, then spent ages doing weight training as I tried to remove my wetsuit which appears to have shrunk.....)

Comment

I considered going on my indoor rower .... considered.
                        "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

4 hours of cutting a beech hedge, followed by 4 hours of Raking up the clippings and burning them on the bonfire. Followed by a double Dog walk (my 2 terriers have had another fall out). Then take Grand Kids for a walk. The temperature has been in the mid 20's all day. So that's left me too pooped to exercise tonight.

Mind you I did find time to weight lift a pint or two of Scrumpy when the Sun went over the yard arm. Do you think It would be worth my while joining a gym

Sorry I don't mean to take the mick, I have a very active job but even I need to watch the pounds. So to all those who are trying to get in shape, Regards and if anyone needs a good workout feel free to come and give me a couple of days help in the Garden.

Cheers all, Handy.
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Hurt my leg yesterday when I slipped on a piece of slate that was on the pavement (no alcohol involved!)

Hurt my pride by doing very undignified splits and also got grazes and aches all over. I could only wear my flip flops so couldn't take doggle out for our usual long walk over the fields/along the canal.

I was going to go to the early bird swimming session but my DD phoned wanting me to do something for her. No problem I thought, I'll go to the over 50s session which is just after. Got to the pool and it's disability swimming today. The website was wrong! I won't go to the general swimming session because I'm not going swimming in the school holidays when it's full of kids!

I'll be doing lots of walking next week when I'm in the Brecon Beacons.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

...opened my left eye then my right this morning in bed

that count?

Comment

Working...
                              X