GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Volkswagen PPI - Complete Nightmare - Can someone help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volkswagen PPI - Complete Nightmare - Can someone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen PPI - Complete Nightmare - Can someone help

This sounds crazy as i studied commercial law at Uni, but have no idea what to do with VW.

In 2008 i took out finance buy a gold and opted not to have PPI. In 2009 i became unemployed but managed to get another job after 6 months and so caught up on missed payments. However at the end of 2011 a balloon payment was required. Unfortunately i'd lent my parents alot of money as they had money problems and so was not able to pay this outright.

So i refinanced by taking out a new loan for the remainder value. I remember receiving the paperwork and this time opted for the PPI and the amount extra i would have to pay.

In June this year i became unemployed. Apart from having the major difficulty of getting through to VW finance, i wanted to ask them about PPI and they indicated i didn't have it. I asked them twice to send the paperwork i signed. Each time they sent me the copy of the 2008 old loanb agreement i signed. Finally they did send the right paperwork, however, the coversheet opting for PPI wasn't there. I'm sort of dumbfounded.

VW said they stopped offering PPI at the end of 2011 and the agreement i signed was on the 12/1/2012. I know i opted for PPI as my employment situation was far from certain.

I'd like to know what i can do here as i i know there was a coversheet with the PPI amount outlined, but this was included in the documentation sent back. VW did say at one point they'd lost the paperwork, but finally they sent me some of it.

I wanted to see if there is anyone else who signed a loan agreement with VW Finance that is in the same situation ? Also i need to know what my options are as i genuinely believe i took out PPI. I've had the same situation with Halifax on a credit card. For years they said i had no PPI but this year they have finally admitted i did.

Can someone help me ?

Re: Volkswagen PPI - Complete Nightmare - Can someone help

Hi Tim and welcome, I've moved your post here for more views and replies
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi Tim

di30 is the ppi expert but she usually isn't online until later in the evening.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by TimWilson View Post
        This sounds crazy as i studied commercial law at Uni, but have no idea what to do with VW.

In 2008 i took out finance buy a gold and opted not to have PPI. In 2009 i became unemployed but managed to get another job after 6 months and so caught up on missed payments. However at the end of 2011 a balloon payment was required. Unfortunately i'd lent my parents alot of money as they had money problems and so was not able to pay this outright.

So i refinanced by taking out a new loan for the remainder value. I remember receiving the paperwork and this time opted for the PPI and the amount extra i would have to pay.

In June this year i became unemployed. Apart from having the major difficulty of getting through to VW finance, i wanted to ask them about PPI and they indicated i didn't have it. I asked them twice to send the paperwork i signed. Each time they sent me the copy of the 2008 old loanb agreement i signed. Finally they did send the right paperwork, however, the coversheet opting for PPI wasn't there. I'm sort of dumbfounded.

VW said they stopped offering PPI at the end of 2011 and the agreement i signed was on the 12/1/2012. I know i opted for PPI as my employment situation was far from certain.

I'd like to know what i can do here as i i know there was a coversheet with the PPI amount outlined, but this was included in the documentation sent back. VW did say at one point they'd lost the paperwork, but finally they sent me some of it.

I wanted to see if there is anyone else who signed a loan agreement with VW Finance that is in the same situation ? Also i need to know what my options are as i genuinely believe i took out PPI. I've had the same situation with Halifax on a credit card. For years they said i had no PPI but this year they have finally admitted i did.

Can someone help me ?
        I think you need to start by sending one of these-----> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request

Subject Access Request - Advanced Version - this is the SAR Request that you'd send when you're in the process of CCA Requesting or querying specific elements within a contract and/or account, if you're not then stick to the simplified Traditional Version. Remember requesting the advanced version will end up with you getting a lot of unnecessary paperwork, so unless you require the extra info, don't waste your time and instead stick to the Traditional Version. Send a £10 cheque or Postal Order and do not sign this request, even if they write back requesting you sign, then refer them to s.7 of the DPA and ask them to tell you where it asks for a signature! They can't as it is not a required provision to comply with SAR (even though the lenders like to think it is - it is a stalling tactic).
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X