GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Looking for some advice regarding CRS automated phonecalls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some advice regarding CRS automated phonecalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some advice regarding CRS automated phonecalls

Hi all

Been a while since ive posted on here but i need some advice.

Ive been ignoring all contact from CRS who are chasing me for the interest agains 3 lending stream loans. Recently they called my old work number with an automated message stating i need to call credit resource solutions regarding an outstanding debt. This call went through to an old colleague of mine who being nosy accepted the call and then transfered the call through to me.

I forgot about giving them this number years ago and this has not been my contact number in over 2 years

Needless to say i told them this was no longer my phone number and was a business line and they needed to remove it from thier system

As you can imagine this was very embarrasing. My question is how am i best to tackle this to stop them making these automated calls which detail they want to speak to me in relationto a debt as anyone could pick these calls up. Ive also had the same messages left on my home answer machine. Surely this practice breaks the data protection act as anyone could hear these messages?

Re: Looking for some advice regarding CRS automated phonecalls

Certainly breaks FCA rules.

When contacting a customer:

(1) a firm must ensure that it does not act in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the customer; and

(2) a firm must take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties do not become aware that the customer is being pursued in respect of a debt
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I thought this must be wrong. Any suggestions on how to stop them doing this?

Comment

You need to send them a telephone harassment letter first:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone

If you can't access the templates you'll need to register with the AAD website. Follow the instructions below exactly:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post392223
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          You need to send them a telephone harassment letter first:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone

If you can't access the templates you'll need to register with the AAD website. Follow the instructions below exactly:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post392223
          CashGenie called me at work once, I told them not to call me at work, infact, I think I have an email of them stating they have to ring me at work... do I sense a complaint, SnV? (Sniffs compensation)

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

You've no hope UNLESS they gave away who they were to a colleague thus resulting in suffering from work as a result.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              You've no hope UNLESS they gave away who they were to a colleague thus resulting in suffering from work as a result.
              Dammit... don't think they did. Will ask in a minute. Probably a no hoper though lol

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Working...
              X