GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smile Bank application process! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smile Bank application process!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smile Bank application process!

I applied for a Smile Current account thursday 30th June, it gave me a reference number to check the decision. It said they were delighted I could have a current account with them, plus a £500 overdraft. It went onto say they would have to do more checks? They have checked my Experian file, not the most patient, I rang them and the adviser said don't worry, probably hear next week So is it approved or are they doing a similar thing to Natwest, you think its gone through, I have never owed money to them or anything and my credit files are in very good order.
    Anyone know how they process their applications?

Thanks bella

Re: Smile Bank application process!

Originally posted by LaRomaBella View Post
    I applied for a Smile Current account thursday 30th June, it gave me a reference number to check the decision. It said they were delighted I could have a current account with them, plus a £500 overdraft. It went onto say they would have to do more checks? They have checked my Experian file, not the most patient, I rang them and the adviser said don't worry, probably hear next week So is it approved or are they doing a similar thing to Natwest, you think its gone through, I have never owed money to them or anything and my credit files are in very good order.
    Anyone know how they process their applications?

Thanks bella
    Well done, i'd say you've been successful

Just sit tight, they'll come back soon enough with the account details. However if it was Smile, you should be able to go and check the status using the reference they gave you when you applied and going here:
    welcome to smile

(they also email you when you get a secure message with the update - have you had this email yet?)

Well done though - great news
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

p.s. your "welcome thread" is here: ---> Welcome to LaRomaBella
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply, can I just ask when they say other checks before I get account details, what are these 'other' checks?
        I have read about another service called 'Hunter' or does an application go through that when you apply?

I'm a bit nosey

Comment

Welcome to National Hunter

The above is the hunter system and I'm sure I've read some bad things about that system but cannot remember for the life of me where or why.

Comment

Thanks Nattie, I've read some stuff on this company and they just seem to be more secretive then the well known CRA's I put my question on another well known money website and a person answered and said the Co-op bank use another fraud company. All kinda interesting! What this other company did was to do with mail order if you report a missing package, it seems you could go on their list if they think you're dodgy.

Comment

Good News Got message from Smile Bank to say ''you've sailed through our checks'' and they have given me my sort code and account details. I have read their internet banking isn't up there with the bigger banks but it's probably nice and simple, so it'll suit me

Comment

Working...
              X