GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OLD ALLIANCE & LEICESTER - NOW SANTANDAR ACCOUNT - CASH CARD ATM - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLD ALLIANCE & LEICESTER - NOW SANTANDAR ACCOUNT - CASH CARD ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD ALLIANCE & LEICESTER - NOW SANTANDAR ACCOUNT - CASH CARD ATM

Putting to -gether a Formal Complaint to Ana Botin,C.E.O. direct, about finding out that after 22 yrs of the A&L account cash card that no interest has been given & no notification of a better account which may bear interest given in all that time for the O.H.

Their own staff as the O.H. produced an old A&L card at the counter stated we will see how much interest is on this account as they could not find any and the card is old type, Have you never been sent a new one from Santandar? no was the reply, well this account does not have interest on it???????

You would of thought that measures would be in place to inform by A&L or Santandar to bring to the notice of a customer as it has been held for 22 Years that their account is not interest bearing and suggest one that does (& not cash cow customer?)??? even a new supplier card? also a substantial amount of money at times other than wages etc., being paid into that account in 22 years?

Any thoughts as I have drafted a letter of complaint but may need adjusting???
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: OLD ALLIANCE & LEICESTER - NOW SANTANDAR ACCOUNT - CASH CARD ATM

all must be on holiday, lovely weather here to-day.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't quite know what you're arguing about, at the time the account was opened it was pre-FOS and the regulatory rules weren't the same but I can't see how you can complain just because they didn't, ermmm write to you?

Is there a balance on the account, ie does it have a secret stash in it? If not, then you cannot complain to FOS for example as you'd need to be in a worse-off position but if you had a zero balance then the rate of interest is quite irrelevant.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There is monies in the account albeit O.H.has now moved a bulk of it to another Bank where interest is being accrued as from last week, a substantial amount transferred out.

This account was taken out in 1992 and wages and any monies received was deposited in it up to couple of weeks ago, incl some proceeds from the sale of our house last year.

At some stage duty of care would be thought to apply.

The main thing is even a member of staff stated a long time and no interest why was that not brought to your attention!( a Mortgage life time of no interest comes to mind) even if it were pence.

The local Branch were suprised that they even could see an old A&L Cash+ plus card still in use and never been changed to reflect a takeover years ago.

Other different company personnel suggest a complaint to Santander to see if any response albeit even a small reccompence, as a cash cow comes into mind, also my share of the proceeds albeit not too great an amount after the sale etc but shock at finding out misled by them to the O.H. years ago?
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 18 June 2014, 08:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I don't quite know what you're arguing about, at the time the account was opened it was pre-FOS and the regulatory rules weren't the same but I can't see how you can complain just because they didn't, ermmm write to you?

Is there a balance on the account, ie does it have a secret stash in it? If not, then you cannot complain to FOS for example as you'd need to be in a worse-off position but if you had a zero balance then the rate of interest is quite irrelevant.
          Not making it an argument but a factual occurance come to light.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 June 2014, 09:57.

Comment

Online chat with FCA and they state to approach Satander who will have 8 weeks to respond and mention the facts or complaint of customer care obligation to inform of best interest of the customer during this 22 years, and see what response is made@

Comment

spoke to FCA over the net suggest initally send letter and they then have 8 weeks to respond - see any response to question/letter from CEO Satander

Comment

sent letter via E-Mail to-day to CEO Satandar see if we get a response, as per FCA comment. Formal Complaint!
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 July 2014, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  sent letter via E-Mail to-day to CEO Satandar see if we get a response, as per FCA comment. Formal Complaint!

2 x reminders to them by E-Mail, the 8 week clock is ticking.

Comment

Telecon this morning @ 1140 a.m. from Satandar they will be in contact again soon.

Comment

Telecon this morning - they are not responsible to chase customers regarding accounts with them the onus on the customer to check they have an interest bearing account, anyway they took over Alliance & Leicester accounts in 2009 she said, and A&L stopped paying 0.0001% in 2001 on this card account, pointed customer service and reviews (None) by Satandar, then bla bla bla bla, so I said that maybe reccompence say of £10.00 or £20.00 as really they should be asking customers if they like to review their account and bring to the customers attention any shortfall?? in the end she agreed to £10.00 credit to account as gesture of goodwill (after arguing with me about good will). says a letter will be sent out confirming.

Surprises me that customer duty of care = she seemed not to agree they have to, but soon as I stated I have to report back to the FCA etc and forums, a slight change of attitude took place = very slight, also The obligations/rights of acquiring acccounts comes under their umbrella == she did not agree.
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 July 2014, 12:20.

Comment

Telecon this morning - they are not responsible to chase customers regarding accounts with them the onus on the customer to check they have an interest bearing account, anyway they took over Alliance & Leicester accounts in 2009 she said, and A&L stopped paying 0.0001% in 2001 on this card account, pointed customer service and reviews (None) by Satandar, then bla bla bla bla, so I said that maybe reccompence say of £10.00 or £20.00 as really they should be asking customers if they like to review their account and bring to the customers attention any shortfall?? in the end she agreed to £10.00 credit to account as gesture of goodwill (after arguing with me about good will). says a letter will be sent out confirming.

Surprises me that customer duty of care = she seemed not to agree they have to, but soon as I stated I have to report back to the FCA etc and forums, a slight change of attitude took place = very slight, also The obligations/rights of acquiring acccounts comes under their umbrella == she did not agree.

£10.00 credited into O.Hs account to-day!

Comment

£10.00 credited into O.Hs account to-day!

No letter as promised, = does not want to admit/refute lack of customer care over the years.

Comment

Working...
                          X