GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thank you AAD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you AAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you AAD

Just a quick message to thank all the strangers that have become my secret friends and supporters.
    Most of us will never meet ( there are a few exceptions ) but we all muck in with suggestions, advice and humour.
    Most of us find ADD due to financial problems and gain tremendous help but then we discover that there is a world of wonderful people who listen and support and help to put things into perspective.
    So, thank you everyone.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Thank you ADD

I second what you said all the way hon.

And we are like one big family here, we understand each other, and do our best to help all we can where/when we can.

You too are amazing xx Hope everything going ok for you too xx

Comment

Awww what a lovely thread Cymruambyth!
      I totally agree, and you in turn have been a friend to so many too, don't forget!

Comment

to you cym....and to all on ADD...and I agree that ADD is a lifeline and comfort to so many.

Comment

How nice

Thanks
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            How nice

Thanks

And that you are Niddy.....very very much

Comment

Thanks Cym, it's so lovely for Niddy to know how much help his site is for us all.

IF...x
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

We often forget the other threads that have no financial implication but which help to maintain our sanity!
                Many of us are able to hide under the cloak of anonymity and get help that we are too embarrassed to seek from friends or just rant and have help to put things into perspective!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  We often forget the other threads that have no financial implication but which help to maintain our sanity!
                  Many of us are able to hide under the cloak of anonymity and get help that we are too embarrassed to seek from friends or just rant and have help to put things into perspective!
                  That is how I used to be like some years ago, and I have to admit that if it wasn't for these amazing websites, especially this one here, I really don't know if I would have ever came out of my shell.
                  And now I have, there's no stopping me lol.
                  So true and well said honey x

Comment

I have to agree, what a nice thread, and so true.

Most of us have found our way here due to dire financial situations, and not only do we get 100% support in helping come through it, we have all made many friends, and yes most of us will never meet in the real world (although some of us have now done so ) but I feel closer to my AAD friends and able to confide in stuff that I would not even do with my "real world" friends.

Many of us here come from different backgrounds, and all our situations are different, but it does not matter in the slightest, I personally am humbled to be among you.

Thank You.

Comment

we like to make sure "our own" are looked after, no abuse, no "pay and starve", no duff help, just solid truthful help when you need it.

and that doesn't just apply to the financial stuff

and that attitude comes from the top, and everyone contributes here, including you Cym, so thank you for your very kind words, I for one am very proud of this site and everybody who contributes to the success.

Comment

What a wonderful post Cymru!

You are one of the few posters on here who remembers me from my previous incarnation on the CAG site, where I made over 1,500 posts in a year and a half. I only went on there to get some help with a small problem I had, but then when I did the research into the legal side of it all I realised I had some knowledge which could actually be of use. By the end, I was writing court defences for people and spending hours a day on there.

The good times on the CAG could not, of course, be sustained. There was a time when I was as proud a member of that site as you could find anywhere, and now I refer to it as the 'Coherent Advice Gone' site. Very sad indeed.

It took me far too long to find this place. I didn't even become a member until early April, which means I missed out on a lot of potential posting. Before I signed up, I spent four days reading every single post on the site (except off topic and of course the protected posts), and it was immediately obvious that this was the next evolution in consumer and debt help sites. It was also obvious that there were some wonderful people on here, people whose concept of life stretched beyond the ubiquitous self-service and self-aggrandisement which characterises much of our ailing culture, into a higher dimension of service and concern for fellow human beings.

The structure of this site is the best I've seen anywhere, which gives it the potential to do virtually unlimited good. I wish I had a farthing for every moment I sat there working on a court defence in the CAG days, thinking “this content needs to be hidden and protected”. Now, it is.

As a society, we have taken a tool which was created to serve us and elevated it to godhood, to which everything and everyone must be sacrificed. Corruption has destroyed our infrastructure, sold us into the slavery of the European behemoth, and reduced a once thriving nation to mendicancy. Yet, there are still some who will not lose sight of the fact that human beings actually matter. We swim against the tide, but our strokes are still felt, and a difference made in the life of one person can ripple out to touch many others when the good is paid forward.

I wonder how long it will be before judges in this country wear Formula One style gear with bank logos plastered all over it? When they do, they'll no doubt get the TV cameras in so the logos get more publicity.

“Howdy folks! Welcome to today's Coffee-Time Comic Credit Capers! In the blue corner, we have Mr. A. Poresod, a litigant in person, ha ha!, and in the red corner, Sharclays Bank (cue artificial applause machine). Also in the r....sorry, in the neutral corner, our Presiding Celebrity Judge, Lord Justice I. B. Bent, sponsored by Sharclays.

Just a quick reminder that Lord Justice I. B. Bent replica jerseys and baseball wigs can be purchased from the Court Publicity Office for £500 each. Sub-prime credit cards gleefully accepted!”

My own alleged debt issues are hopefully coming to a conclusion very soon, as the SB dates loom ever closer. As I've said on other threads, I hope to be hanging around here long after that happens. For those of us who have no living family and who live entirely within a computer screen, the virtual companionship of those whose names we shall never know and whose faces we will never see becomes priceless.

I would also hope, in my own humble way, to be of use somehow. I'll admit that I do occasionally try to inject an element of humour into some of my posts, but I try not to lose sight of the seriousness of the plight of those who come here seeking aid. They seek it, and they find it; with each transformation from fear to overcoming a lasting testimony to what this site and its format can do.

Long may it continue.

SH

Comment

SH - thanks, brilliant post mate
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

we were up early this morning NIDDY.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                              we were up early this morning NIDDY.
                              I'm still up from yesterday - site building again mate. Going to bed shortly, well before 7 I hope

Comment

Working...
                              X