GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Satander cancelled store card :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satander cancelled store card :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satander cancelled store card :(

I know they can do this, just a bit annoying.

Mum had a house of fraiser store card, always paid on time, never any big balances.

About a year ago they decreased her limit, and today they have cancelled the card, because of routine checks lol

More like they did a search saw loads of defaults and got in quick.

Annoying though as if they saw her payment history it would indicate shes a good payer.

Perhaps the fact shes never had a big outstanding balance hasnt helped either tho tbh.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Satander cancelled store card

Its not one of these storecards to credit cards is it? and Santander is being pre emptive in dispatching problems.

In the BBC article House of Frazier was one of the cards named as having problems.

Comment

No Ken, dont believe it is, It was part of GE Money previously, but theres no credit card markings on it, i.e Visa or mastercard, its simply an account card.

They said that it wont be renewed after the expiry date, which is 13/1/13

Mums got a 450 credit limit, so she said shes gonna spend it, and pay them back min each month, so sod em lol.

She rang up to find out her balance, went through all the security questions, but they asked what her last spend was, she couldnt remember, she said, thats why im ringing to know what ive got left, and they wouldnt tell her lol cant register online as its so old, the email address previously given is no longer in use and was my late fathers which i no longer remember.

So sod em.
      Last edited by SXGuy; 6 December 2012, 20:27.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had an evans card, they did exactly the same with me, they kept sending letters asking me to pay it off to save paying extra intrest, then sent me a new card with an expiery date on it (may this year ).only they didn't say they were canceling the card .just didn't send a new one.

Comment

Suspect as the financial climate and landscape changes there will be more and more of this.

Problems on one account leads to problems throughout ones finances.

Also think in time the people who pay up on time and thus dont earn the bank anything will also find they are not quite the customer the bank wants.

The pursuit of the perfect credit score is pointless as you stand out in the crowd and draw attention to yourself. It also somehow doesnt look human to never have any mistakes.

What they really want is someone up to the eyeballs at the card limit just paying down the minimum each month.

Comment

Exactly, thats what earns them the money, no profit in paying off everything you spend.

Comment

I have a high limit on my one and only card. I pay off each month if I use it and suppose am one of the types of people the banks hate.

I until I have got involved helping my OH always thought the high limit was because I am a good boy and the bank likes me.

Far from it. Now reckon its a tempter. Try and get me to use and abuse and then become someone who cant pay back.

So when friends now say they have x y or z limits on their cards I just smile inwardly and think at any moment anyone can have that life event that leads to the spiral of debt.

But the majority of the population just sees the latest TV or motor or so forth. Not what they need but what they desire. The banks are clever enough to tap into this dream.

Comment

Working...
              X