GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Banks fail to comply with law. Who would have though it... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks fail to comply with law. Who would have though it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks fail to comply with law. Who would have though it...

Banks fail to comply with law. Who would have though it...

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 20th March 2014 10:59.

£149 million of interest wrong charged is to be refunded. I'm not sure how the OFT can say the bank have been pro-active when it appears that...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Banks fail to comply with law. Who would have though it...

Why not name the 17 banks??????

So you have a card or product that is affected and the first you will know is bank x might do the right thing?????????? When it appears after being told to do the right thing they didnt.

Hardly making the bank shake with fear now is it???? But if they said Bank of naughty will be looking at storecards to retailer rip of merchants then the public if they aint heard in a few weeks/months can be proactive and say oi look at my account you barstewards.

You write to 50 and 17 cant get their ass in gear. Why protect their good name. Shame them.

Comment

Just a thought but this might help when faced with a Claimant saying that a breach of regs relating to a default notice should be disregarded. I have enough copies of Arrow v Frost to wallpaper a large house now that every claimant seems to be hanging their hat on.

Comment

I would like to know what would happen if someone had already been taken to court (default judgement), and it's discovered that the bank had not complied with providing the post contractual information ?

Is this the same thing that Barclays announced last year with regards to their loans and some of their paperwork wasn't in order ?
        Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

In other words, in now transpires that the agreement had been enforced by the court/creditor by granting judgement during a period when it was not entitled to do so under s86D(3)?

Would be interested to see ATW's thoughts on that sort of circumstance.

May not be quite as simple.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's it Riz, but also may have had charges/interest added and so the balance was also incorrect.

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Interesting stuff!!!

The more I hear about bank greed evil the more I feel we need to go back to bartering ...6 cabbages for a sack of spuds etc...

Crazy times ..

And so does this latest wrong-doing banks revelation further 'invalidate' any original agreements that were made by these banks etc... ?
              Last edited by Batman; 21 March 2014, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
                I would like to know what would happen if someone had already been taken to court (default judgement), and it's discovered that the bank had not complied with providing the post contractual information ?

Is this the same thing that Barclays announced last year with regards to their loans and some of their paperwork wasn't in order ?
                Exactly, I've got a CCJ with Barclays might be wrong. Do we know what period this occured over ?

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                  Exactly, I've got a CCJ with Barclays might be wrong. Do we know what period this occured over ?
                  Hi Fedupwiththeworry,
                  Me too, I have a default judgement with a Barclays cc and so does my hubby. I believe it's from the 1st October 2008, as I believe there were changes that they had to abide by with paperwork that they sent out and if not correct then they could not charge interest, Default charges or enforce the agreement.

Comment

Working...
                  X