GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Government loses job scheme appeal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government loses job scheme appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government loses job scheme appeal

Government loses job scheme appeal

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 30th October 2013 10:17.

*The government has lost a Supreme Court appeal over a ruling that its flagship "back to work" schemes were legally flawed......Read more HERE...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Government loses job scheme appeal

Not really happy at this. I do feel that we need to clamp down as too many serial claimant coexist amongst us.

Scavengers.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Not really happy at this. I do feel that we need to clamp down as too many serial claimant coexist amongst us.

Scavengers.
      Why it has gone though 3 and stood the test of 3 courts? It is not workfare itself that is illegal but the lack of info given to claimants that is and in Cait Reilly's case she was not doing nothing but taking a voluntery job that would have helped further her chosen career, to stack shelfs for a big retail chain did nothing to help or further her career.

I am at the moment volunteering for The Stroke Association I do this off my own back as it is something I have good first hand expierence in and thus also spend 2-3 hours a day on the Stroke Associations iLearn modules to gain more knowledge How do you think I would feel if taken off this to stack shelfs? because I consider what I am doing to have more worth.

I have nothing against workfare in principal but it has to be targeted and focused on the claimant and not just a means to swell a corperations profits which btw is no different to what the energy companies are doing.

The supreme court Judgment is here:

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/decid...essSummary.pdf

And one bloggers take is here:

http://mikesivier.wordpress.com/2013...case-in-court/

Comment

I think I've explained myself arguing again (sorry mate) on your FB page

Basically I disagree that a child that has paid feck-all into our system can take and fund a 6 figure legal case that went 'that' far without paying a SINGLE PENNY beforehand, into the system. I'm sorry, the workshy little bitch needs to work for 30 years then she might gain my respect. Until then she's no better than scum.

My argument on FB is that a grandparent whom has paid into the system for 50 years couldn't get the same legal aid if he faced a repossession so why should that little shyte, that has never done a days work in her life. It makes me so mad. Who is she to argue? She ought to do as she is told or have her money suspended. End of.

Anyone that argues needs a lesson in basic economics cos shysters like this cost us all.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This example below is the epitome of 'scum'

Whoever you are, wherever you are don't try and emulate such a beast. It's not wise.

Feckin scum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reilly2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1398354

Comment

See your point however the case is now precident to all no matter of age and had the case not been brought we would be in a graver place as IDS is no saint indeed law is massively being broken in the way they bring legislation and due process is not followed and that is unbecoming of any politician whether Conservative, Labour or Liberal Democrat

I see the need for work schemes and can be a good thing if targeted and focused taking into ones previous employment into account, however it is the course of legislation in how these are brought about and the information given to claimants I am at pains with.

Comment

I see your point, but the route of the issue is making unemployed people effectively work for free or less than min wage.

While i agree people who "dole doss" should be forced to work, i cant help but feel for those who have indeed worked 30 years, find thereselves unemployed and told to go sweep a road for less than £5.03 an hour.

I can also see a situation whereby the employer finds it cheaper to sack its employee only to re-hire them through the job centre at half the rate which was already paid.

Yes we need a way to force able body people who have never worked a day in their life, back in to work and contributing, but not an the expense of decent hard working people who find themselves out of work, through no fault of their own.

I understand that its currently only open to public sector jobs, but if it went ahead i can easily see it branching out to private sector, so while this in theory may seem a good thing, its not to hard to see how Paul could be saked to be replaced by job center Pete at half the wage.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Mate she was a kid, she had NO right to use the service for this appeal. It is a joke and she really is scum. I hope her parents lose everything and are in poverty for their retirement then maybe then she'll see what a silly girl she really is. She isn't popular, in fact quite the opposite. I have never met her but right now I hate her and her lazy beliefs more than Celtic FC which says a lot!

I am sorry we will never agree, I pay a huge amount of tax each month to support this scum and this is what she does? Sorry, the UK needs to drop from this EU bollocks before scum like this rule us. Do gooders mean nothing to me, they are scum. This girl had NEVER worked a day in her life when she started this, she now works part time in the same supermarket career - with a feckin degree - you're having a laugh, tell me? WTF is the UK coming to?

Tell you what, Missy Cait the scum, go get a job and pay your student loans back then? Pay into the same society you feel so proud over - oh shit, I forgot - you can't can you as you're not clever enough

ALL doleites (under 25) need to be sent to work or national service. If you can walk, you can work. Simples. Even simpletons and nutters such as ex users here can get a job. Yet Cait the brain works p/t for a supermarket - one has to wonder why eh? Personal gain maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  i cant help but feel for those who have indeed worked 30 years, find thereselves unemployed and told to go sweep a road for less than £5.03 an hour.
                  Exactly my point. Lets not forget the dogbreath that started all this was a kid that had NEVER left the schooling environment and has NEVER worked a full 12 hour shift in her shitty meaningless life.

I need to go calm down, I am actually red right now cos I am so angry at this BLATANT ABUSE.

Comment

Mate she was a kid, she had NO right to use the service for this appeal. It is a joke and she really is scum. I hope her parents lose everything and are in poverty for their retirement then maybe then she'll see what a silly girl she really is. She isn't popular, in fact quite the opposite. I have never met her but right now I hate her and her lazy beliefs more than Celtic FC which says a lot!

I am sorry we will never agree, I pay a huge amount of tax each month to support this scum and this is what she does? Sorry, the UK needs to drop from this EU bollocks before scum like this rule us. Do gooders mean nothing to me, they are scum. This girl had NEVER worked a day in her life when she started this, she now works part time in the same supermarket career - with a feckin degree - you're having a laugh, tell me? WTF is the UK coming to?

Tell you what, Missy Cait the scum, go get a job and pay your student loans back then? Pay into the same society you feel so proud over - oh shit, I forgot - you can't can you as you're not clever enough

ALL doleites (under 25) need to be sent to work or national service. If you can walk, you can work. Simples. Even simpletons and nutters such as ex users here can get a job. Yet Cait the brain works p/t for a supermarket - one has to wonder why eh? Personal gain maybe?
                    In fairness it was probably the Public Interest Lawyers that said use Legal Aid

Comment

This girl had NEVER worked a day in her life when she started this, she now works part time in the same supermarket career - with a feckin degree - you're having a laugh, tell me? WTF is the UK coming to?
                      Where you here that as I was of the impresion she had a job in Geology

Comment

OK, I’m not facetious by nature, so let’s drop that. I don’t wish Ms Reilly ill – she now works part-time in a supermarket
                        here --> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/j...awyers-on.html

albeit the next paragraph says it all -

We might, perhaps, wonder – her degree could help here – on which planet she believes herself living, where people only work at jobs that suit their temperament, and no one with a degree is ever asked to combine work experience with giving something back
                        i apologise for FB mate. They started with the insults so I just set them straight

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          In fairness it was probably the Public Interest Lawyers that said use Legal Aid
                          but it's wrong mate. That's all I'm disputing - the legal aid payment brought about by a nobody. That's what sickens me. Someone with 50+ years work wouldn't get legal aid to help keep their home would they?

That little girl should have just said fine, I'll get a job then. But no. She had to act clever. I hope nobody ever employs her. She's a liability for ET's if I've ever seen one!!

Comment

here --> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/j...awyers-on.html

i apologise for FB mate. They started with the insults so I just set them straight
                            You do not need to apologise to me you are entitled to your view as is everyone else the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same

Comment

You know you will not get the truth from the telegraph just as you would not from any other paper as they all swing it to there agenda dont you? I prefer to use press as a medium to my own research only taking in the views from a broard section of press. Just saying like.

Comment

Working...
                              X