GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Post Office to offer current accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Office to offer current accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office to offer current accounts

Post Office to offer current accounts

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 11th April 2013 18:50.

The Post Office is to offer current accounts in the UK, following a regulator's claim that the market offers little choice for consumers. The new...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Post Office to offer current accounts

Let's hope they offer a simple, no credit check, no overdraft basic account accessible to BR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Let's hope they offer a simple, no credit check, no overdraft basic account accessible to BR's.
      Fingers crossed they do, as there are only two at present the Co-op Cashminder account, of which you can only open before BR as they no longer accept Bankrupts . This leaves Barclays Basic account to be the only BR friendly bank!!
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Post Office refuses to pledge no-frills bank accounts for poorest

The Post Office is refusing to reveal whether it will offer branch customers a basic bank account as it prepares to launch into the banking market.....Read latest update on AAD Blog: Post Office to offer current accounts - allaboutFORUMS
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They've had this on the cards for 20 years since Girobank days i.e. Universal Banking. They already have the facilities to process cash and banking payments, but as the partner is the Bank of Ireland, the Post Office will provide a vehicle at the counter end not the bank back end. They already do this on behalf of many banks and utilities.

It will be up to the Bank of Ireland to have its say on who qualifies. However, as the accounts will process in real time, there is no reason why benefits cannot be paid directly into the bank account and cards be used to dribble out the money. In this way, you overcome the requirement to take out all your benefit at once, which is a Benefits constraint not a Post Office constraint. You would, perhaps be able to opt for a BOI card based on the receipt of benefits, and only use it for that and deposits of cash or cheque, so not a full bank account.

Comment

The Irish does do things in Half? or don't know which is the Front to their Back end!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update:

The Post Office has now confirmed the details of three new current accounts, which are initially being trialled in 29 branches across East Anglia.....Read more HERE at AAD Blog pages

Comment

So a basic bank account for which they charge £5 a month!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  So a basic bank account for which they charge £5 a month!
                  LINK Current Accounts from the Post Office

Standard Account n/a
                  Packaged Account £8
                  Control Account £5

LINK Current Accounts from the Post Office participating branches

Comment

Working...
                  X