GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anne Robinson 'avoided tax on £4m of income' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anne Robinson 'avoided tax on £4m of income'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne Robinson 'avoided tax on £4m of income'

Anne Robinson 'avoided tax on £4m of income'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 6th October 2012 10:01.

*A single tax avoidance scheme used by celebrities from BBC presenter Anne Robinson to Take That star Gary Barlow helped about 2,000 wealthy...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Anne Robinson 'avoided tax on £4m of income'

Well lets face it, if I were a multi millionaire and someone offered me a way to pay about 7p in the £ tax and an upfront payment of 280k of course I would do it, it is tax avoidance and not evasion, it is not illegal.

What does annoy me is that these tossers in government (most of which) are multi millionaires too and probably all subscribe to the same schemes in one way or another are telling OTHER people to do the right thing while all the time they are doing it themselves.

Comment

the annoying part, is when they joke around about other people 'avoiding the system' and consumer programmes

the bit that doesn't annoy me, is when it catches up on those that slated the others in the first place (aka: Jimmy Carr, aka: Watchdog: where the motorbike rider was caught claiming benefits whilst working FOR WATCHDOG BBC). Its just when it catches up on them
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        the annoying part, is when they joke around about other people 'avoiding the system' and consumer programmes

the bit that doesn't annoy me, is when it catches up on those that slated the others in the first place (aka: Jimmy Carr, aka: Watchdog: where the motorbike rider was caught claiming benefits whilst working FOR WATCHDOG BBC). Its just when it catches up on them
        People in glass houses comes to mind here!

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          Well lets face it, if I were a multi millionaire and someone offered me a way to pay about 7p in the £ tax and an upfront payment of 280k of course I would do it, it is tax avoidance and not evasion, it is not illegal.

What does annoy me is that these tossers in government (most of which) are multi millionaires too and probably all subscribe to the same schemes in one way or another are telling OTHER people to do the right thing while all the time they are doing it themselves.
          Im so glad to see someone actually talking sense! it winds me up so much also, when i hear people comparing tax avoidance with tax evasion, like their the same thing, they are not.

What they are basically saying is, you shouldnt have a good accountant who can work out the best possible way for you to pay the least amount of tax.

Why should anyone pay more tax than they are due to pay? the whole point of an accountant is to accurately calculate the tax that is due, and if is done properly, you will pay less than someone with a less informed accountant. Its the way it is.

Rather than them ranting on about tax avoidance, how about they turn it around and comment on the thousands who overpay tax due because of incompetent accountants who have no idea on the reliefs of expenses to claim.

MP's are the worse, if you check out dunham and bradstreet, you will see every single MP is registered as a ltd company. they avoid tax every single day by farming their profits off in to other companies, but you hear nothing about that, its a joke.

If they dont want people to avoid tax, dont have the law set up in such a way to do so, but the truth is, there will always be ways to avoid tax, because the tax system is so varied across the board depending on what it is being taxed.

Claiming benifits is a whole other issue, shouldnt be lumped under tax avoidance because it isnt.

Jimmy Carr did nothing wrong, and if i was him id have told them all to F off.
          Last edited by SXGuy; 6 October 2012, 10:33.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

While I was in business I did exactly the same thing, my accountant was not cheap but my tax bills were.

Comment

And thats the way it is and should be vossy, its not about paying too little, its about avoiding paying too much.

If the law is set up in a way which means you can reduce your tax bill, then that is the law, they can moan and groan all they like, but thats the law and thats it.

people who jump on the tax avoidance band waggon have not the first clue on how taxation works, and they take the moral highground because they think it makes them look clever, when in reality it just shows their stupidity to others who do know what they are talking about.

The kind of audiance you get on Question Time for example lol

Comment

Lock her and her kind up, unless of course they send me a million or two??

Comment

There is nothing wrong with paying as little tax as possible, as long as what you do it in a legal manner. Lets face it if you do have problems with HMRC they make the worst DCA's look like pussy cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    MP's are the worse, if you check out dunham and bradstreet, you will see every single MP is registered as a ltd company. they avoid tax every single day by farming their profits off to other companies, but you hear nothing about that, its a joke.
                    I recently saw a link to companies House where the Houses Of Parliament are registered as a Limited Company and The Labour Party as Alistair Darling Ltd

So Agreed, No way should they try to take the moral high ground, while the likes of you and I have to pay the full amount.

On another thought I wonder how many of these folk have registerd themselves for VAT? Now that would be an interesting list. Claiming back 20% on Fuel, Heating for your home Office, and so on.

Regards all, Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

On another thought I wonder how many of these folk have registerd themselves for VAT? Now that would be an interesting list. Claiming back 20% on Fuel, Heating for your home Office, and so on.

Regards all, Handy
                      Interesting! techically they should be if their turnover is above the threshold.

I know you can check valid vat numbers but not sure if you can search for vat registerd businesses, i think im gonna have a looksee!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        Interesting! techically they should be if their turnover is above the threshold.

I know you can check valid vat numbers but not sure if you can search for vat registerd businesses, i think im gonna have a looksee!
                        Surely the income for an MP is above the threshold anyway, they should be paid PAYE in my opinion, then they could preach!

Comment

Just checked the VAT threshold is currently 77K and an MP's basic Salary 65.7k a Cabinet Minister receiving 138K. The official page says MP's pay Tax on their Salaries at the appropriate rate. That's always considering that they are paid at source. But what about the people like Grant Shapps aka Michael Green who's web based business charges in Dollars and isn't registered as a business in the US or registered with them for Tax.

Not wanting to get too political on this one, for If I had a way of reducing my Tax liability I would use it.

But People in Glass Houses really shouldn't throw stones.

Regards, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Just had a look at MP's Register of Interests. Hmmmm makes you realise how much they make from outside contracts and second jobs.

But then I found this link Vince Cable fined for non payment of VAT
                            LINK Cable fined £500 for failing to pay VAT | AccountingWEB

That's why I now take headline grabbers like this with a shovel full of salt. If they are having a go at the Beeb it's probably because they want a favour in return for not digging too deeply.
                            You Scratch my Back, I'll Scratch yours.

Comment

Anne Robinson is a scouser (elocution lessons did a fine job) and scousers avoid paying for everything - what do you expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X