GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Citizens Advice Bureau to work with loan provider Wonga - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizens Advice Bureau to work with loan provider Wonga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizens Advice Bureau to work with loan provider Wonga

BBC News - Citizens Advice Bureau to work with loan provider Wonga

Very very very silly move. Sigh.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Citizens Advice Bureau to work with loan provider Wonga

That will p*ss a lot of people off.

Comment

for sure....whispers of this going uk wide seeing how medway goes..put this with poor training of recent volunteers & god help us
      Last edited by philnicandamy; 21 May 2012, 18:43.

Comment

wonder if wonga will pay us to sit here and slag em off all day?

Cos that's all they're really worthy of IMO
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know too many *good* CAB advisors to get into the general "slag off" CAB camp, but idiotic decisions like this really don't help their cause.

You couldn't really make a worse decision public relations wise?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
            I know too many *good* CAB advisors to get into the general "slag off" CAB camp,
            sorry - to clarify, I meant wonga (i.e. us lot slagging them off, not CAB)....

CAB have certainly not done themselves any favours, as you know I never used to be a fan till you told me some of the good stories. That said, I still feel this is a bad move and not one that many people will like as the first thing that they'll think is "CAB will try to get me to repay my wonga loan" - whether that is what they'd have said (or not) originally doesn't matter, people will now always use this against them.

Sad state of affairs. We all need funding, but then as I say don't start something you physically have no control over. Bit like A4E - they are scum and deserve to lose all contracts via the gvt which would then close them down; the point is I recall the day they started and won the first JC+ contract, I argued about it at the time (based on it being a private company with profits to consider) - did you know the DWP paid them over £100 per client for a basic 'back to work' course, yet they'd send maybe 100 clients per week to each local A4E office so in essence why not just create an internal training dept, well that's what I said.

Anyway.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

totally agree Nid..........

Wonga has also branched themselves out to South Africa (i'll have to find the news on that one), the last time i recalled viewing the news about them (Perhaps they got an E-mail from a King over there, can i Borrow, xxxxxxxx amount as i am needing to transfer funds lol)

Comment

Like this.... (look at image below)?

^^^...................................^^^
                Wonga ..........................Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  sorry - to clarify, I meant wonga (i.e. us lot slagging them off, not CAB)....
                  Sorry. I was not not in any way replying to your "slag off" comment in the previous post.

I was thinking how to word my post before you did yours, and the use of that phrase is entirely coincidental.

Comment

Wonga launches online loan service in South Africa:
                    http://uk.reuters.com

Wonga returns to its African roots:
                    Wonga returns to its African roots

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                      totally agree Nid..........

Wonga has also branched themselves out to South Africa (i'll have to find the news on that one), the last time i recalled viewing the news about them (Perhaps they got an E-mail from a King over there, can i Borrow, xxxxxxxx amount as i am needing to transfer funds lol)
                      their owner is from South Africa aint he mate?

Comment

their owner is from South Africa aint he mate?
                        lol
                        Post #11 allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post -

Comment

It's the people in power that have made these companies as successful as they are by stripping as many people in this country as they can of earning honest money and instead forcing them to accept NMW and a part time job - or nothing, it's no wonder people are turning to bloody crime.

Not a clever move on the CAB/Wonga deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                            cheeky fucker - I posted the same time!!

Comment

cheeky fucker - I posted the same time!!
                              FIGHT -

Comment

Working...
                              X