GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helmsman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmsman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Helmsman UE Diary

or they could just be sticking to their normal standards of efficiency?

Comment

Perhaps you should cash a cheque and then write to them asking why they cashed it if the signatures don't match up!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Hi Niddy,
        Sent an ADV SAR request to nat pest 7/6/11 received a letter asking for signature 20/6/11 as it did not match their records wanted a solicitor to verify, anyway sent the signature back to them on their letter saying its the same as always. Letter received 8/7/11 saying here is the information held in current and archived files. Thank you for your enquiry. Nothing other than the letter. Do you think they are taking the PISS.
        Helmsman
        In short, Yes!

Comment

Hi Niddy,
          Sent an ADV SAR request to nat pest 7/6/11 received a letter asking for signature 20/6/11 as it did not match their records wanted a solicitor to verify, anyway sent the signature back to them on their letter saying its the same as always. Letter received 8/7/11 saying here is the information held in current and archived files. Thank you for your enquiry. Nothing other than the letter. Do you think they are taking the PISS.
          Helmsman
          have you sent this? > Creditor Refusal of SAR they have 40 day's to reply are the 40 day's up yet?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They simply cannot do this, if there is no data held then they cannot charge the fee.

Also, why on earth are you signing things? We always say NEVER sign, so why would you do that without coming here to check first?

Sorry, you may have shot yourself in the foot as now they will add that to any old paperwork and create a recon with it if you push too hard.

You've now lost this fight, never ever ever ever sign anything - ever!

They have 40 days to respond, if they don't you go to the ICO. How long in are you...?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Your saving grace may be what they've said to you - the signature doesn't match the one on their file. Given this is the case, then you presumably have a copy of that letter you sent with the signature and their response saying it didn't match. Keep those safe as you may need them should they attempt to lift the "signature which doesn't match their file."

They can hardly say it doesn't match so they're witholding information, yet claim the same signature was sufficient in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                Your saving grace may be what they've said to you - the signature doesn't match the one on their file. Given this is the case, then you presumably have a copy of that letter you sent with the signature and their response saying it didn't match. Keep those safe as you may need them should they attempt to lift the "signature which doesn't match their file."

They can hardly say it doesn't match so they're witholding information, yet claim the same signature was sufficient in the first place.
                Casper, that's smart thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  They simply cannot do this, if there is no data held then they cannot charge the fee.

Also, why on earth are you signing things? We always say NEVER sign, so why would you do that without coming here to check first?

Sorry, you may have shot yourself in the foot as now they will add that to any old paperwork and create a recon with it if you push too hard.

You've now lost this fight, never ever ever ever sign anything - ever!

They have 40 days to respond, if they don't you go to the ICO. How long in are you...?
                  hi niddy,
                  This has nothing to do with diaries it was for acc to check whether they paid me the charges, I have nothing that is UE with nat pest and have signed a lot with court case with them, so no worries about recons ect.
                  thanks
                  Helmsman
                  ps. about 35 days in.
                  just to be clear nat pest offerred me £2300 back in charges was on dmp then never new if they paid it, was sar them to check if it showed on statements. Have no acc with them now.
                  Last edited by helmsman; 11 July 2011, 09:53.

Comment

hi niddy,
                    Letters from mbna saying Fredricksons will be collecting account please pay them, Letter fredricksons same day saying debt wont go away start paying or may take further action. This is UE and have a letter from MBNA saying they dont have a CCA, so letter of to freds with a copy of mbna and new template, so will let you know how quickly they return it to MBNA.
                    thanks

Comment

hi niddy,
                      Letters from mbna saying Fredricksons will be collecting account please pay them, Letter fredricksons same day saying debt wont go away start paying or may take further action. This is UE and have a letter from MBNA saying they dont have a CCA, so letter of to freds with a copy of mbna and new template, so will let you know how quickly they return it to MBNA.
                      thanks
                      Hiya, yep send a copy of the no cca letter you got with one of these: CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi niddy,
                        This has nothing to do with diaries it was for acc to check whether they paid me the charges, I have nothing that is UE with nat pest and have signed a lot with court case with them, so no worries about recons ect.
                        thanks
                        Helmsman
                        ps. about 35 days in.
                        just to be clear nat pest offerred me £2300 back in charges was on dmp then never new if they paid it, was sar them to check if it showed on statements. Have no acc with them now.
                        Hi Niddy,
                        Just an update of my SAR request to Nat Pest Today every arrived by special delivery TNT it makes interesting reading it is not ours its for someone else are Nat pest really that incompetant.

Comment

Hi Niddy,
                          Just an update of my SAR request to Nat Pest Today every arrived by special delivery TNT it makes interesting reading it is not ours its for someone else are Nat pest really that incompetant.
                          woah - you're kidding me right?

Do not send it to the contact person on the letter, instead send a letter back to Natwest and let them know you have this other persons SAR and explain you're now seeking legal action as you're extremely concerned at their lack of professionalism and diligence and mention that you're even more worried that your SAR has been sent to the wrong person....

Do NOT send it back to them, keep it safe - later, you'll be reporting this to the ICO...

Nightmare - amateurs.... shocking.

In fact, want me to have a word with my mate from BBC TV to see if he'll do a consumer special about this - its shocking, really is

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            woah - you're kidding me right?

Do not send it to the contact person on the letter, instead send a letter back to Natwest and let them know you have this other persons SAR and explain you're now seeking legal action as you're extremely concerned at their lack of professionalism and diligence and mention that you're even more worried that your SAR has been sent to the wrong person....

Do NOT send it back to them, keep it safe - later, you'll be reporting this to the ICO...

Nightmare - amateurs.... shocking.

In fact, want me to have a word with my mate from BBC TV to see if he'll do a consumer special about this - its shocking, really is
                            Hi niddy,
                            As you know we are complaining to FOS regarding their terrible treatmant of us about their poor communication ect, do you think I should let them know as it just strengthens what we have complained about.
                            ps. Do you think it might be possible if you could write a reply to nat pest for me as I am not very good with letters or english for that matter but only if you have time.
                            As always many thanks. Have to go out now but be back in a couple of hours.
                            Last edited by helmsman; 13 July 2011, 14:36.

Comment

hi niddy,
                              Have sent you a PM hope it arrives OK.
                              Helmsman

Comment

Hi niddy,
                                As you know we are complaining to FOS regarding their terrible treatmant of us about their poor communication ect, do you think I should let them know as it just strengthens what we have complained about.
                                ps. Do you think it might be possible if you could write a reply to nat pest for me as I am not very good with letters or english for that matter but only if you have time.
                                As always many thanks. Have to go out now but be back in a couple of hours.
                                Yes let the FOS know, but hold fire - we need to sort a letter first and include that - bear with me, i'll try and sort it later for you - if not will be tomorrow night.....

Comment

Working...
                                X