GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Originally posted by malamute View Post
    Update 2:

Lloyds Amex credit card - Robway - Feb 2007
    Balance £1955 defaulted Jan 2009
    August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
    August 2011 – Here’s your £1 back – Sent CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
    Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
    Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
    Oct 2011 - Robway send it back to Lloyds
    Dec 2011 – New DCA! – Wescot demanding full payment…….sent > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    Dec 2011 Letter from Wescot demanding payment in 10 days - Final Notice - ignored it

Today a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors :

An important offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt!!

They offering me a 50% discount (pay £977.71) if paid by 14th Jan. Errrr I don't have 977.71 - BUT i've not yet received an agreement.......
    DOORSTEP COLLECTION NOTICE received from wescot today?!?!

What do I do now???

Comment

DOORSTEP COLLECTION NOTICE received from wescot today?!?!

What do I do now???
      Send them this...> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Wow!! Thanks for super quick response I'll get that ready tonight!!!

Comment

Right update from Lloyds Visa now!!

The state in their letter that should they not respond to a cca request within 12 days then it is unenforceable which means:

cannot:
          make debtor pay before they are supposed to
          get a ccj
          take anything back (hire purchase)

Can:
          ask debtor to pay
          send a default notice
          pass info to CRAs
          pass info to DCA
          sell debt
          take debt to court

What the letter asks is :

"with the above in mind please provide specific detail of why you believe you may not be liable for this account"

I can upload the whole letter if necessary it is quite a speal!

Thanks in advance.....

So now Moorcroft have sent a whole heap of stuff through. Inc statements - how do I send thins again it's been a while!!

Comment

So now Moorcroft have sent a whole heap of stuff through. Inc statements - how do I send thins again it's been a while!!
            Just ignore that one for now.... see what they send next....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just ignore that one for now.... see what they send next....
              Is it a usual thing?

Thanks for quick replies - really appreciate it.

Comment

Is it a usual thing?

Thanks for quick replies - really appreciate it.
                usual...... from them...

Comment

usual...... from them...
                  Just gone through all.

Yup all statements since card opened.

But....... Last page of last statement (10 nov 2008) states:

Balance b/f £3449.78 (my default amount btw)

Charge off acct £2719.70CR
                  Refund of interest £730.08CR
                  New Balance £0.00.

???confused???

All that was in the format of a normal statement addressed normally like a statement would have.
                  Last edited by malamute; 9 February 2012, 20:36.

Comment

Just gone through all.

Yup all statements since card opened.

But....... Last page of last statement (10 nov 2008) states:

Balance b/f £3449.78 (my default amount btw)

Charge off acct £2719.70CR
                    Refund of interest £730.08CR
                    New Balance £0.00.

???confused???

All that was in the format of a normal statement addressed normally like a statement would have.
                    I looked up a definition for "charge off" and can they chase a debt they have written off??

Comment

i think they have charged it off on their books in preparation of selling it on, banks get up to all sorts of jiggery porkery to make sure their money is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                        i think they have charged it off on their books in preparation of selling it on, banks get up to all sorts of jiggery porkery to make sure their money is safe.
                        That's fair enough but if they've written it off kinda brings into question the issue of "selling of it" the only reason I say this is because there was a brief period of about a year or more that I was making payments to this debt.

Comment

they just have to go through some kind of paperwork on their system
                          they write off some of it, sell it to a DCA for tuppence, DCA chase you for whole amount, its how they operate unfortunately

Comment

Update:

Lloyds Amex credit card - Robway - Feb 2007
                            Balance £1995 defaulted Jan 2009
                            August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
                            August 2011 – Here’s your £1 back – Sent CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                            Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
                            Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
                            Oct 2011 - Robway send it back to Lloyds
                            Dec 2011 – New DCA! – Wescot demanding full payment…….sent > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                            Dec 2011 Letter from Wescot demanding payment in 10 days - Final Notice - IGNORED
                            Jan 2012 Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners offering a 50% discount if paid in 10 days...... - IGNORED
                            February 2012 - Nelson Guest & Partners now want full payment within 10 days - IGNORED
                            Feb 2012 Doorstep Collection threat - sent Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                            Feb 2012 - Letter from wescot just remind me of account being passed and reminding me to contact them

Letter says that when i took out my contract that it was stated in term and conditions that the account may be passed to a third party to deal - in view of this i am required to contact their offices to discuss repayment. Strangeley this letter is as scary looking as others - no red blocks of text either!!!

IGNORE??

Comment

Update 1:

HSBC Unsecured Loan - AIC - 2006
                              Balance £21803 defaulted Jan 2009
                              August 2011 - CCA Requested
                              Sept 2011 - AIC keep £1 and confirm they requesting the CCA from original lender
                              Oct 2011 – Random letter mentioned an apparent agreed F&F over the phone?! Ignored
                              Nov 2011 – Defaulted payment plan – replied with CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                              Dec 2011 letter from Metropolitan – a new dca!!! Letter states that Lewis DCA will be in touch in 14days…….
                              Red letter from lewis making final demand for balance today (letter dated 16th but received on 23rd requesting payment by 23rd!!!!

Today a letter from Howard Cohen & Co asking for a payment to be made to Lewis Debt Recovery by January 6th (received letter today Jan 7th!!!!)
                              Lewis written to me now saying their client has no record of receiving my cca request?! I sent it to aic AND te cheque was cashed

What do I do now????

Comment

Lewis written to me now saying their client has no record of receiving my cca request?! I sent it to aic AND te cheque was cashed

What do I do now????
                                I Would send this ....>.... CCA Request - Final Demand with a copy of the letter you have.....[Sept 2011 - AIC keep £1 and confirm they requesting the CCA from original lender ]

Comment

Working...
                                X