GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Hi malamute,

The end of year/quarter day thing is purely speculation on the way large companies do business at times. May I suggest BEFORE doing anything further with the F & F settlement that you do the reading up on it carefully. Firstly, Pixie is dead right here, why would you want to get involved in the somewhat risky business of an F & F whilst they have supplied no legally substantive documentation?

This is NOT relatively simple Statute Law like the CCA1974/2006 you are getting involved with here, it is the full blown complexity of the Common Law of Contract. Detail and wordings are most important, case law needs to be understood even if only in simplistic form and it is huge right back to 1602, yes 1602. If a Common Law issue goes wrong then the costs of litigation to put it right can be expensive indeed.

Right, now the warnings are out of the way, if there is no pressing reason to pursue an F & F, then don't would be my feeling. They have no agreement at the moment and it is they that are in default, not you. Hence you can sit. Please be aware if the only reason you want to settle this is have a satisfied marker on your CRF then this may not happen and be a battle to get it so. Plus be aware that if defaults already exist on the CRF about this debt then there is no legal lever you can use to get rid of them. CRFs only have to report accurate data as to the circumstance, and yes you can insist on a satisfied marker in the deal but that does not negate or change or remove the history of the debt.

If you enter correspondence with the creditor or their agents on this be very careful about them using any wording such as "partial settlement" in their correspondence to you, do not be fooled this has nothing at all to do with your CRF this is leaving the door open for you to be pursued for the balances at a later date.

Finally at this stage, if you want to go ahead, then follow carefully the AAD templates and routes to do it. Never start above 10% and negotiate your way through as it has been described on here a number of times. There IS another way but you will need professional legal advisors and I mean professional lawyers to handle it and that is the use of third party benefactors and payments. There is always an element of risk in all this which you will have to assess. AAD does not recommend this route, we personally have had success, so working alone, I would study the AAD templates and get a feeling of understanding what it is about.

Hope that helps a bit.
    regards
    Garlok
    Last edited by garlok; 23 November 2011, 14:04.

Comment

Thank you garlok.

I knew someone would know about F&Fs but couldn't remember just who!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for you attention Garlok - obviously not a decision I can take lightly.

Think its worth sitting on - I've not heard anything from them - I see that they are still reporting the debt to CRAs but not sent the agreement.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
          on another post - someone (name escapes me) said that at certain times of the year its easier and quicker to negotiate a F&F.
          Absolute nonsense - if I find this post i'll remove it as misleading!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Thank you garlok.

I knew someone would know about F&Fs but couldn't remember just who!
            There's a whole section on it!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - March 2004
              Balance - 5567 defaulted April 2008
              August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
              Sept 2011 - return £1 and confirmed that CCA has been requested
              Sept 2011 - Letter from Lowells - No CCA located yet - "we won't write to you again until we have the agreement"
              Oct 11 - Lowells close account
              FAB NEWS after the letter I had in October I received this at the weekend:
              “After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without any admission of liability we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance”
              On the letter is states “ you owe £0.00”
              I’m so happy the original defaulted amount was for £5567! And been round my neck since 2008. Just a couple of letters to them and that’s it!* I’m just so grateful for everyones time and efforts – LOVE IT!
              I’m rambling now but v v happy!!

Comment

What a great early Xmas present for you, congratulations !!

One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Brilliant!!!!
                  Well done you and another wonderful notch in the AAD bedpost. (Hope it's a four poster!)

Great timing for Christmas too...hope you and yours have a good one with this weight off your mind

Comment

Thats great news malamute!!

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Christmas has come early
                      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

excellent news - well done !

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Best news ever.Well done!

Comment

Thanks again everyone - letterduly scanned and filed! Feel like laminating it
                            4 accounts left................

HSBC Loan - AIC seem to have started calling despite no agreement
                            Lloyds Amex - heard nothing since Robway sent it back to Lloyds
                            Lloyds Visa - heard nothing since sending "prescribed terms" blag letter
                            Cap1 (small bal) - still awaiting my cca - so .....................

Comment

AIC re HSBC loan have woken up. They sent a letter in August acknowledging my cca request then nothing til a week ago when the phone starts ringing again - ignored it.

Got a letter saying that we are in default of our payment arrangement.

Ignore or do I remind them of their letter dated 26 August ???

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                                AIC re HSBC loan have woken up. They sent a letter in August acknowledging my cca request then nothing til a week ago when the phone starts ringing again - ignored it.

Got a letter saying that we are in default of our payment arrangement.

Ignore or do I remind them of their letter dated 26 August ???

Thanks!!!!!
                                Send this with a copy of that letter acknowledging your cca request > CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X