GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Happens all the time.

This time though will be as the banks strengthen their positions the toxic debt they have been holding for years to make the appearance of them being solvent can now be sold. Preparing for that in bigger lumps than before would before would be my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Happens all the time.

This time though will be as the banks strengthen their positions the toxic debt they have been holding for years to make the appearance of them being solvent can now be sold. Preparing for that in bigger lumps than before would before would be my bet.
      Possibly - but what is strange is that since it defaulted it has been sold on several times - how does it work that they sell it but then start chasing it again?

Comment

It was never sold Malamute.

They were just farming it out to a DCA to chase. DCA's havnt done the business so its with Lioyds right now.

What I would be a tad worried about is you have two long dormant accounts that have woken up at the same time.

Can you think of any flag waving come and get me stuff you done recently. Even getting your credit file can do this but additional credit attempts that sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          It was never sold Malamute.

They were just farming it out to a DCA to chase. DCA's havnt done the business so its with Lioyds right now.

What I would be a tad worried about is you have two long dormant accounts that have woken up at the same time.

Can you think of any flag waving come and get me stuff you done recently. Even getting your credit file can do this but additional credit attempts that sort of thing?
          Do you what its funny you say that because the Barclaycard and Lloyds Visa are my husbands accounts - he's had noddle for a year, basic version, not applied for credit in years.

Neither of us have applied for credit since 2008 when our debt went skyhigh and we defaulted.

He has three accounts solely in his name we've gone doen UE - that's CapOne - nothing since october 2011, Lloyds Visa and Barclaycard.

We have a joint HSBC loan that's hovering at Marlins.

Comment

Just a guess really. Might be just a a random luck thing so dont worry.

But you do hear of obtaining a credit report followed by a flurry of begging letters. Hence another sites constant checking sometimes not being the best thing if you dont really want to be found.

Our case happened when we changed cable TV service and then there was a flurry. Wonder why??? Anything that reports to a CRA has potential to flag up your activity. Even looking at it. Shows your active.

These companies werent set up to help us. Just being clever they noticed consumers tend to like to keep up with the Jones. Invent a score and then around the coffee dinner table people who need better houses or better car or the consumer mod cons of today suddenly want a sparkly credit score. Why not sell it. They want your data for other purposes. Just they discovered a way to sell it back to you. Clever.

Comment

hmmmm interesting, but he's not even bought insurance.

Worth knowing though.

its just typical for us though - 2014 is the year accounts are statute barred and all our defaults come off

Comment

Update on my Lloyds Amex:

Lloyds Amex credit card - Robway - Feb 2007
                Balance �1995 defaulted Jan 2009

August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
                August 2011 – Here’s your �1 back – SentCCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
                Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
                Oct 2011 - Robway send it back to Lloyds
                Dec 2011 – New DCA! – Wescot demanding full payment…….sent > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                Dec 2011 Letter from Wescot demanding payment in 10 days - Final Notice - IGNORED
                Jan 2012 Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners offering a 50% discount if paid in 10 days...... - IGNORED
                February 2012 - Nelson Guest & Partners now want full payment within 10 days - IGNORED
                Feb 2012 Doorstep Collection threat - sent Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                Feb 2012 - Letter from wescot just remind me of account being passed and reminding me to contact them - IGNORED
                Mar 2012 - New DCA!!! Letter from Credit Security Limited on behalf of Wescot demanding payment within 7 days - IGNORED
                March 2012 - Letter from CSL demanding immediate payment! - IGNORED
                April 2012 - Letter from CSL offering over 60% discount if paid within 7 days - IGNORED
                Sept 2012 - Letter on Lloyds TSB headed note paper with Wescot address info - giving a list of all payments made since default. - IGNORED
                July 2013 - New DCA - Lowells!
                Ignored welcome letter.
                July 2013 - Letter from Lowells asking for payment -
                sent sold in dispute letter
                August 2013 -
                Letter from Lowells confirming receipt of my letter and that they have asked lloyds for documentation - account on hold.....
                September 2013 - Letter from Lowells stating that they have not received paperwork from Lloyds due to the passage of time and are closing my account and will not contact me for payment unless the agreement appears..........

May 2014 - Lowells write stating that they have requested statements (not the agreement) from Lloyds and that my account remains on hold.....

---------------------------

I'll leave this one to rattle on.....

Comment

That's good, getting closer to SB!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    That's good, getting closer to SB!
                    Indeedy!

I've 3 years from SB and 8 months from Defaul coming off.

I know there is no agreement so here's hoping they give up and admit it soon like they did with my capital one!

Comment

Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
                      Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
                      Dec 2011 – New DCA! – Wescot demanding full payment…….sent > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                      Dec 2011 Letter from Wescot demanding payment in 10 days - Final Notice - IGNORED
                      Jan 2012 Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners offering a 50% discount if paid in 10 days...... - IGNORED
                      February 2012 - Nelson Guest & Partners now want full payment within 10 days - IGNORED
                      Feb 2012 Doorstep Collection threat - sent Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                      Feb 2012 - Letter from wescot just remind me of account being passed and reminding me to contact them - IGNORED
                      Mar 2012 - New DCA!!! Letter from Credit Security Limited on behalf of Wescot demanding payment within 7 days - IGNORED
                      April 2012 - Letter from CSL offering over 60% discount if paid within 7 days - IGNORED
                      Sept 2012 - Letter on Lloyds TSB headed note paper with Wescot address info - giving a list of all payments made since default. - IGNORED
                      Ignored welcome letter.
                      August 2013 -
                      Letter from Lowells confirming receipt of my letter and that they have asked lloyds for documentation - account on hold.....
                      September 2013 - Letter from Lowells stating that they have not received paperwork from Lloyds due to the passage of time and are closing my account and will not contact me for payment unless the agreement appears..........

May 2014 - Lowells write stating that they have requested statements (not the agreement) from Lloyds and that my account remains on hold.....

Ok so agreement has arrived after almost three years and 6 DCAs and niddy confirms that it is in fact enforceable, default due off in 7 months and tahsts my last one so leaning towards a settlement on this account.....

but I'm going to wait and see what they send next as they may offer one I can start with negotiating......it's only £2k so they are unlikely to rush to court it's just a case of a payment plan or settlement offer now......

wat watch this space...

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post

Ignored welcome letter.
                        August 2013 -

Ok so agreement has arrived after almost three years and 6 DCAs and niddy confirms that it is in fact enforceable, default due off in 7 months and tahsts my last one so leaning towards a settlement on this account.....

but I'm going to wait and see what they send next as they may offer one I can start with negotiating......it's only £2k so they are unlikely to rush to court it's just a case of a payment plan or settlement offer now......

watch this space...
                        Ok so Lowell is writing calling saying that I now need to make a payment etc.....

not it replying yet will see if they make me an offer, it's only £1995 so not something they'll take me to court for?

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post

not it replying yet will see if they make me an offer, it's only £1995 so not something they'll take me to court for?
                          I'd see what they send next but don't be so certain that they won't take you to court. I know of one user on here that got 2 court claims...both for less than yours. I'm not saying this to scare you but just to make you aware. Are you able to get any money together for a F&F?
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            I'd see what they send next but don't be so certain that they won't take you to court. I know of one user on here that got 2 court claims...both for less than yours. I'm not saying this to scare you but just to make you aware. Are you able to get any money together for a F&F?
                            Thank you for the time to warn me, I thought less than 5k was limited chances of court.

I'm sorting an f&f on another account at the mo (on another thread) and I don't seem successful at knowing what I should have ready.

I'd like to think Lowell would take 250/300?

so will do some sums and draft the letter from templates section.....

Comment

You never know what dcas are likely to accept...they don't seem to abide any any rules. Whatever you do, don't offer Lowells £250/£300 to start with. Go in at 10% and then work your way up to what you can afford.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                You never know what dcas are likely to accept...they don't seem to abide any any rules. Whatever you do, don't offer Lowells £250/£300 to start with. Go in at 10% and then work your way up to what you can afford.
                                noted! Thanks

will let you know!

Comment

Working...
                                X