GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Originally posted by malamute View Post
    Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - March 2004

FAB NEWS after the letter I had in October I received this at the weekend:
    “After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without any admission of liability we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance”
    On the letter is states “ you owe £0.00”
    Awesome result - well done you
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Send this with a copy of that letter acknowledging your cca request > CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
      Thanks - all sent off!!

Comment

Lloyds Amex credit card - Robway - Feb 2007
        Balance £1995 defaulted Jan 2009
        August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
        August 2011 – Here’s your £1 back – Sent CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
        Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
        Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
        Oct 2011 - Robway send it back to lloyds

I've today received a letter (all covered in scary red sections) from wescot credit services for the above account - what do I reply with? I've not been given my cca an when asked robway sent it back!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi malamute,

I would consider sending them this for a start:-

> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Wescot can be a bit persistent but they will go away if you stand your ground as did Robbin' Dogs.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Absolutely FP and amusingly they were a bit huffed when I suggested that solicitong on street corners on Saturday nights was a criminal offence.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Did you also get a card that confirms where you live? I had a nice bright yellow one that I take with me just in case I get lost
              Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Hi FP,

Nelson Guest and Partners we found is just a "letterheads for rent" mob for Wescot. The moment we told them that we had instructed our own solicitors and we were making formal complaints to the SRA, SDT and Legal Ombudsman Service for professional misconduct, the account was back with Wescot the same day as they signed for the letter. Wescot tried one more "Final Warning" which we ignored and it went back to BC toute suite as we had named them in any potential action against letterheads for rent.

Yep they ran like frightened rabbits when threatened with anything back.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Lloyds visa credit card – Credit Security - pre 2007
                  Balance - £2874 defaulted Jan 2009
                  August 2011 - Sent CCA Request
                  Sept 2011 CCA received
                  Blagging it for time - Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

New letter today from Moorcroft!!!!

"it is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation(underlined) before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. We believe that this letter fulfils the requirement even if it is not actually read by you"

I've until 16-12-11 to pay them .

What do I do?!?!

Comment

Lloyds visa credit card – Credit Security - pre 2007
                    Balance - £2874 defaulted Jan 2009
                    August 2011 - Sent CCA Request
                    Sept 2011 CCA received
                    Blagging it for time - Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

New letter today from Moorcroft!!!!

"it is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation(underlined) before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. We believe that this letter fulfils the requirement even if it is not actually read by you"

I've until 16-12-11 to pay them .

What do I do?!?!
                    Send this back > Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

done!! off to post office tomorrow!!!phew

Will it be ok?? What can normally happen?? Why would they send a letter that I get on 13th saying pay by 16th?!

Can they do that?
                      Last edited by malamute; 13 December 2011, 19:23.

Comment

Hi malamute,

Its Morecrap's "Pre Litigation Division" speak. This crowd are the pre school potty training group located in the basement toilets at Moorcroft Towers. If this is in any way contentious like UE they will run for the cover of the nearest wet stone to slither under if you stand your ground.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

well the letter has been sent and the deadline is friday - guess i wait and see what next week brings.......................

Comment

Sent letter and received a reply from morecrap today - they've sent our account to LEWIS DEBT RECOVERY??

Any advise??

Comment

Sent letter and received a reply from morecrap today - they've sent our account to LEWIS DEBT RECOVERY??

Any advise??
                              Wait untill you hear from Lewis .....let us know what they say
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wait untill you hear from Lewis .....let us know what they say
                                Will do - letter says they will be in touch in 14 days to asses us and set up a payment plan.

I'm confused.....metropolitan write to us and say "pay by 16th" we say -"go away it's in dispute" they say "ok talk to our debt collector"

~confused~

Comment

Working...
                                X