GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malamute UE Diary

Lowells have a track record of getting involved with lemons. Just sit tight until they actually turn something up. They have demanded sums which seem to me to be not yet due hence was there a compliant default notice anyway back down the line?

Cabot can be a pain but can be seen off as and when necessary. The ball is all of their courts now like they have to produce some form of documentation or admit that they don't have any.

But patience, one step at a time.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
      if a copy is not available but one comment worries me:

"once you have seen your credit agreement we will ask you pay your outstanding balance in full"
      Why does that worry you? Plus they're assuming that Crappy1 will have an ENFORCEABLE agreement aren't they? This is the same Crappy1 that couldn't find a piece of paper in a paper mill......

Just chill, and see what happens
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The egg card from 2004 was defaulted in Jan 08 - way before the tfr to barclays - will it still be transferred?

Or could it work in my favour?

Comment

The egg card from 2004 was defaulted in Jan 08 - way before the tfr to barclays - will it still be transferred?

Or could it work in my favour?
          just wait and see - Barclays may demand a lot of agreements, but Citi also kept a lot so lets wait and see yea?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm really sorry if I'm being stupid and I trust any responses I get so here goes:

I'm happy and ready to stop payments and I understand that this helps the UE route because i continue to pay they've no reason to follow the cca rules.

its just that (as you can see from the beginning) some of the balances are really big for my dad's accounts - he's worried about a CCJ as he has property BUT all correspondance comes via my address.

Comment

I'm happy and ready to stop payments and I understand that this helps the UE route because i continue to pay they've no reason to follow the cca rules.

its just that (as you can see from the beginning) some of the balances are really big for my dad's accounts - he's worried about a CCJ as he has property BUT all correspondance comes via my address.
              While a CCA request is outstanding they would not get a CCJ.

Just post details of what they send back & someone will offer their help.

Comment

lloyds visa response:

"i have enclosed with this letter a copy of the reconstituted version of the executed agreement with a signed statement of your account. There is no requirement under the c/a to provide you with a copy of the original signed agreement , but notwithstanding that fact please find enclosed a copy of the the front page of the original agreement proving your signature. the prescribed terms of the agreement would have been validly incorporated into the agreement on the reverse. for avoidance of doubt we have set out in the appendix to this letter your rights under section 78.

having satisfied our obligation under section 78 we weill not enter into any further correspondence with you regarding a copy agreements.

Any Advice???

Comment

Egg Card/cabot have sent loads and i can't seem to scan that much on my computer they say they've sent copy of signed agreement - terms and conditions and statement.

any ideas?

Comment

lloyds visa response:

"i have enclosed with this letter a copy of the reconstituted version of the executed agreement with a signed statement of your account. There is no requirement under the c/a to provide you with a copy of the original signed agreement , but notwithstanding that fact please find enclosed a copy of the the front page of the original agreement proving your signature. the prescribed terms of the agreement would have been validly incorporated into the agreement on the reverse. for avoidance of doubt we have set out in the appendix to this letter your rights under section 78.

having satisfied our obligation under section 78 we weill not enter into any further correspondence with you regarding a copy agreements.

Any Advice???
                    Let Niddy have a look please....e-mail it to him
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      Let Niddy have a look please....e-mail it to him
                      just the letter - I'm having trouble scanning both sides of each page thats all

Comment

lloyds visa response:

Any Advice???
                        Hi Malamute,

When I did a few CCA requests a while back there was always a moment of panic when something actually did turn up in the post. I think we all would like to have nothing come back at all!

I always think to myself now that just because something has been sent back doesn't automatically make it legal. Don't forget if they haven't an enforceable agreement they might try and make you think they have one.

Niddy's obviously the expert but if I received the same as you've just had I'd be asking why bother sending a recon AND the front page of your 'agreement' when, if they had the complete agreement, it would've been a lot easier to just send that. Is the 'agreement' an application form?

I hope I haven't done a Troll with this post! If so I'm so sorry! Just wanted to reassure.

Comment

thank you old boy thats really kind of you - thats the great thing about this forum/site - such helpful people.

You right though i did think - oh crap a response! - scary too as they make it sound so official - there is even a comment about some politician saying c/a requests are a excuse to avoid the issue.

frustrating as hell that my scanner won't work!

Comment

lloyds visa response:

Any Advice???
                            That's a standard response from LTSB.

Had the same reply myself & seen a few others too.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                              That's a standard response from LTSB.

Had the same reply myself & seen a few others too.
                              thanks - it did look quite standard

all of it looks like it a print off but the last page (scanning attempt at mo) is the bit that was signed - at the top its called branch application - hubby did this in the branch - doubled checked with him.

Comment

This is what the OFT Guidance produced last year said you should get:

What you should get
                                You should get a copy of your agreement. If it's hard to read, for example a bad photocopy, ask them to send you a better version. It doesn't have to be the document you signed, though if it isn’t, they should let you know. The paperwork should:
                                • tell you what your original agreement was, and if there were any changes made to it later
                                • include your name and address at the time you first signed the agreement, but it doesn't have to include your signature, or the date you signed it
                                • include the statements about your rights that were in the agreement you signed.
                                You should also get copies of any other documents mentioned in your agreement, although there are some that you don't have to be given.
                                You should also get a statement of your account (that they have signed) telling you:
                                • how much you still owe
                                • how much you should be paying and when
                                • if you borrowed a fixed amount of money, from the bank or someone else, how much you have paid already.

If anything is missing from this list at all, then they have not complied with your request.

Comment

Working...
                                X