GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malamute UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Sorted
    Posted!! As you say need to keep on top of this one!!

Thanks Niddy!

Comment

Random question - I see on the agreement paperwork sent from lloyds (our visa) that there is the following sentence:

"The balance of the account was charged off on 10-11-2008 and the balance owing as at that date was £3449.78"

What does this mean - charged off - and given the account is enforceable will this information help me with a F&F - we've paid off £575 since default (no interest has ever been added by a dca).

Comment

My understanding of charging off is that the company charges it off so it can report your ddebt as a financial loss to offset it against tax.

Usually, they will do an Absolute Assignment off the debt after doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post

Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - 2003
          Balance around 14.5k defaulted 2008
          August 2011 - CCA requested
          Sept 2011 - return £1 and requested CCA from original lender
          Sept 2011 - Letter from Lowells - No CCA located yet - "we won't write to you again until we have the agreement"
          Oct 2011 - CCA Received
          Keeping fingers crossed that crappy1 agreement is crappy!

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed that crappy1 agreement is crappy!
            Unfortunately that Crappy1 agreement isn't so crappy. Its from 2005 and does tally up, sorry it is enforceable

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately that Crappy1 agreement isn't so crappy. Its from 2005 and does tally up, sorry it is enforceable

awww crap!!

need to negotiate a payment on this one asap then!

Comment

That's not a problem, especially if you've no disposable income. Have you completed an Income / Expenditure sheet for your personal use so you know what your disposable income is?

Comment

This isn't my account, but one of a family member - they've a disposable income but they are worried it won't be large enough to keep lowells "happy" whilst a lump is accumulated for an F&F later on.

Comment

Any unfair charges or PPI on it that could be reclaimed, Malamute?

Comment

Oooh - to be honest I'm not sure - on the egg card I'm sure it had that 79p in £1 charge on part of the balance for a short period - no doubt loads of interest - a few charges prior to default definitiely.

Comment

So....all been fairly quiet for a lil while - so yesterday I get the following letter from Cabot about one of Crap1 cards (balance 822.02):

"Unfortunately cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like to inform you that your account shall remain on hold until such a time that we can comply with your request.

Please note that you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance - please contact us to continue with your payment."

Ideas?

Offer £80 as a f&f?
                        Leave it?

Comment

So....all been fairly quiet for a lil while - so yesterday I get the following letter from Cabot about one of Crap1 cards (balance 822.02):

"Unfortunately cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like to inform you that your account shall remain on hold until such a time that we can comply with your request.

Please note that you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance - please contact us to continue with your payment."

Ideas?

Offer £80 as a f&f?
                          Leave it?
                          I've had the same letter just forget about it ... unless they right to you again
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks i2d - good to double check first.

Comment

They have sent a copy of the original application with the prescribed terms being part of the recon, that is I'm afraid enforceable

I sent a letter re: prescribed terms to blag this one til F&F can be offered and the dca (credit security) have sent a letter statting that if i want the cca then i need to send £1 to lloyds!!

confused

Comment

I'd send a one line letter telling them you wrote to them on such and such a date and you enclose a copy. Then you can't be accused of ignoring them.

Comment

Working...
                                X