GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Ok so sent lowells an f&f offer started at £200 and now inundated with calls and RED Collections are writing threatening action.....

Comment

Lowells obviously think that if they speak to you they can get you to increase your offer or that the constant phone calls will intimidate you. I would send Harassment by Telephone to Lowells.

What exactly do RED say when they are threatening action? We need to know so that you can send the correct reply.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Lowells obviously think that if they speak to you they can get you to increase your offer or that the constant phone calls will intimidate you. I would send Harassment by Telephone to Lowells.

What exactly do RED say when they are threatening action? We need to know so that you can send the correct reply.
        RED saying

introduce themselves acting for lowells
        assessing my account for litigation asking for a copy of my credit file o help them determine the best way to recover the money
        ask me to call them to pay in full or set up a suitable repayment plan
        legal action could be taken if I don't pay
        if my balance is above £750 they can serve a statutory demand and petition for bankruptcy

thanks in advance!

Comment

Red and Lowells are the same company.

They share the same address and the same Consumer Credit Licence. (its on the footer of their letters)
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            Red and Lowells are the same company.

They share the same address and the same Consumer Credit Licence. (its on the footer of their letters)
            so should I ignore the letter and tell lowells to respond to. My f&f?

Comment

I think this may be a case of left and right hand not knowing what's going on. I would sent a one liner to Red pointing out you are awaiting a reply to the letter you sent to \Lowells and would enclose a copy of the letter you sent to Lowell and mention the date it was signed for at their office (you can get this off the Royal Mail website). Now that you've offered a F&F you've admitted the debt so no point in not entering into a robust exchange of letters

Comment

Ok so here's an update Lowell/Red for my lloyds amex account:

sent my first f&f to lowell directly starting at 10% - balance is 1955 so offered £200
                lowell started calling
                red sent a letter saying it was being considered for litigation
                so i sent a letter to red saying i was corresponding with lowell on an F&F
                sent lowell another letter saying to stop calling and if they wanted to answer my letter then write to me
                got a response from lowell yesterday regarding my F&F - they rejected my 10% offer and countered it with a 15% discount - £1662!!!

I've drafted a reply saying thank you for responding to my f&f offer but their counter offer is far above what my family member can give me - and I'm offering £5 a month by standing order.

Comment

I wouldn't give up yet, can you go to 20%? Point out that as a family member is paying this, the alternative is 122 years at £1 a month

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    I wouldn't give up yet, can you go to 20%? Point out that as a family member is paying this, the alternative is 122 years at £1 a month
                    A very good point!

I'll adjust my draft and send it out today.

Thanks for your advice!

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                      IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                        IF

ok....so offered Lowell £450 (just over 20%) and they won't budge want £1,627.26 as an F&F on the account - it was defaulted in jan 2009 so no longer on my crf.

£5 per month it is then!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                          ok....so offered Lowell £450 (just over 20%) and they won't budge want £1,627.26 as an F&F on the account - it was defaulted in jan 2009 so no longer on my crf.

£5 per month it is then!
                          I'm sorry they didn't accept your offer...

Bumping your post to see if anyone can advise further.
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

was the offer without prejudice?

Comment

I would just do the £1 a month and try again next year when their wee brains might be better disposed to listen to a decent offer. I would write and tell them that your circumstances have changed, you can afford £1 end of, don't mention the offer. Don't fill in a i&e either just tell them that is what you can afford. Send your letter recorded, calm and assertive all the way.

Comment

Good idea Mrs D.
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X