GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Malamute UE Diary

Evening all.....I always seem to get letters on a friday!!

here goes:

HSBC Loan - Lewis are now in touch - Massive red letter with white gaps - saying final demand.........

Lloyds Visa Card - Long long letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery acknowledging the letter i sent - main bit stating that account is on hold in sole care of Compliance.

Lloyds Amex - Westcot have ignored my letter and now sent a final notice "our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at the address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondance" they are now asking me to sort out repayment within the next 10 days.

eager for guidance - lil freaked out.......

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
      Evening all.....I always seem to get letters on a friday!!

here goes:

HSBC Loan - Lewis are now in touch - Massive red letter with white gaps - saying final demand.........

Lloyds Visa Card - Long long letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery acknowledging the letter i sent - main bit stating that account is on hold in sole care of Compliance.

Lloyds Amex - Westcot have ignored my letter and now sent a final notice "our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at the address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondance" they are now asking me to sort out repayment within the next 10 days.

eager for guidance - lil freaked out.......
      Send this to Lewis >Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Just see what the other 2 send in the new year....ignore for now
      Last edited by Deepie; 24 December 2011, 07:49.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You'll be fine, keep us updated
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update 1:

HSBC Unsecured Loan - AIC - 2006
          Balance £21803 defaulted Jan 2009
          August 2011 - CCA Requested
          Sept 2011 - AIC keep £1 and confirm they requesting the CCA from original lender
          Oct 2011 – Random letter mentioned an apparent agreed F&F over the phone?! Ignored
          Nov 2011 – Defaulted payment plan – replied with CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
          Dec 2011 letter from Metropolitan – a new dca!!! Letter states that Lewis DCA will be in touch in 14days…….
          Red letter from lewis making final demand for balance today (letter dated 16th but received on 23rd requesting payment by 23rd!!!!

Today a letter from Howard Cohen & Co asking for a payment to be made to Lewis Debt Recovery by January 6th (received letter today Jan 7th!!!!)

Comment

Update 2:

Lloyds Amex credit card - Robway - Feb 2007
            Balance £1955 defaulted Jan 2009
            August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
            August 2011 – Here’s your £1 back – Sent CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
            Sept 2011 – "account on hold whilst copy of cca is requested from original lender"
            Oct 2011 - "we have not had a response from the lender and will inform you when we do so"
            Oct 2011 - Robway send it back to Lloyds
            Dec 2011 – New DCA! – Wescot demanding full payment…….sent > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
            Dec 2011 Letter from Wescot demanding payment in 10 days - Final Notice - ignored it

Today a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors :

An important offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt!!

They offering me a 50% discount (pay £977.71) if paid by 14th Jan. Errrr I don't have 977.71 - BUT i've not yet received an agreement.......
            Last edited by malamute; 7 January 2012, 19:57.

Comment

Today a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors :

An important offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt!!

They offering me a 50% discount (pay £977.71) if paid by 14th Jan. Errrr I don't have 977.71 - BUT i've not yet received an agreement.......
              Just ignore for now mate
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Today a letter from Howard Cohen & Co asking for a payment to be made to Lewis Debt Recovery by January 6th (received letter today Jan 7th!!!!)
                Ermm, ignore this for now too....

Comment

Hi all - all quiet on the malamute front - however.........i've had an alert that a debt collection agency - no name provided - have search my credit file!!! I've read that the footprint on those lasts for 2 years instead of 1.

Not seen this before ever - any advice or info?

Comment

Hi all - all quiet on the malamute front - however.........i've had an alert that a debt collection agency - no name provided - have search my credit file!!! I've read that the footprint on those lasts for 2 years instead of 1.

Not seen this before ever - any advice or info?
                    yep a debt trace lasts 2yrs - not a lot you can do, if you do have an account that is relevant to that search, you have to bite the bullet I'm afraid.....

If it aint yours, then complain to the data processor (CRA) direct - NOT the data controller (Creditor).

Comment

Lloyds visa credit card – Credit Security - pre 2007
                      Balance - £2874 defaulted Jan 2009

August 2011 - Sent CCA Request
                      Sept 2011 CCA received -
                      Blagging it for time - Sent CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                      Dec 2011 – New DCA – Moorcroft demand full payment with 3 days notice…..sent Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                      Dec 2011 Letter from Moorcroft putting account on hold - sent no response

Right so got a random letter from Moorcroft - their last letter was a long letter from their compliance department stating that they were looking into my complaint and it was placed on hold....received a letter over the weekend:

"We write further to our recent letter (copy enclosed) with regards to the above account.

To date our records show that we have had no further contact with you in relation to this matter.

We would therefore request that you contact us to confirm receipt of the enclosed correspondance and to provide details of how you wish to proceed with this account in order for us to assist you further.

Please be reassured that your account remains on hold to allow you the opportunity to respond to this letter and our request"

.........but there was no letter enclosed and i've not received anything from them since I heard from them stating my account was on hold whilst they investigate my complaint.

Confused??? Is it a tactic or a dumbass who didn't enclose the previous letter because there wasn't one?!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^just ignore for now...
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks!!

Update from LLoyds Amex (wescot/nelson) now:

nelson Guest & Partners Sols basically asking for payment within 10 days.... rob way didn't/couldnt supply an agreement..............

ignore?

Comment

Right update from Lloyds Visa now!!

The state in their letter that should they not respond to a cca request within 12 days then it is unenforceable which means:

cannot:
                            make debtor pay before they are supposed to
                            get a ccj
                            take anything back (hire purchase)

Can:
                            ask debtor to pay
                            send a default notice
                            pass info to CRAs
                            pass info to DCA
                            sell debt
                            take debt to court

What the letter asks is :

"with the above in mind please provide specific detail of why you believe you may not be liable for this account"

I can upload the whole letter if necessary it is quite a speal!

Thanks in advance.....

Comment

Sounds like one I got from Lloyds, I just ignored it as its only confirming that they have received your request, if they find the agreement then let Niddy see it if they don't thats their problem!
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks susie, the thing is that I cca'd credit services limited (the DCA at the time I started my UE diary), Lloyds sent the agreement - Niddy checked it and its enforceable - decided to blag it and sent the "Prescribed Terms Missing" Letter and then Credit Services Limited just sold it to Moorcroft.

Not sure what to do - they've said until I reply its on hold which is silly really - so is it even worth replying?
                                Last edited by malamute; 2 February 2012, 10:07. Reason: Typos and extra.

Comment

Working...
                                X