GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malamute UE Diary

Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - £0 pcm
    March 2004
    Balance - 5567 defaulted April 2008
    Account with Lowells but before finding this site they wrote saying that they were locating the agreement and will update me in due course – no payments since defaulted
    August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
    Sept 2011 - return £1 and confirmed that CCA has been requested
    Sept 2011 - Letter from Lowells - No CCA located yet - "we won't write to you again until we have the agreement"

Well - that cheered me up!!! I've never paid this account or acknowledged it - so the clock can tick on for another 3 years

Comment

Capital One Visa Card - Cabot - £5pcm
      Pre 2007
      Balance – 827 defaulted Jan 2009
      August 2011 - CCA requested
      Sept 2011 - return £1 and requested CCA from original lender
      Sept 2011 - "original lender is experiencinbg a delay in obtaining information from their archives......hope to send the information to you shortly"

Well - I'll just sit and wait with them

Or do I reply with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
        Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - £0 pcm
        March 2004
        Balance - 5567 defaulted April 2008
        Account with Lowells but before finding this site they wrote saying that they were locating the agreement and will update me in due course – no payments since defaulted
        August 2011 – Sent CCA Request
        Sept 2011 - return £1 and confirmed that CCA has been requested
        Sept 2011 - Letter from Lowells - No CCA located yet - "we won't write to you again until we have the agreement"

Well - that cheered me up!!! I've never paid this account or acknowledged it - so the clock can tick on for another 3 years
        It will soon fly by
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well - I'll just sit and wait with them
          Indeed, yes that's what to do.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

okey dokey - of 8 accounts I've only had two formal responses - the rest are stuck in the archives looking apparently!!

Will keep all updated.

Comment

Thats not a bad thing, means they are more than likely making a copy now to pass-off as an original
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Egg Mastercard my dad's - Cabot - £100pcm
                June 2004
                Balance around 15k defaulted 2008
                Sept - awaiting confirmation of UE
                This is weird, it is enforceable as they have sent everything but if you sit and study things, you may find some minor faults within the agreement, as the actual terms are clearly a recon as it displays all interest rates for the year the card was taken out, which suggests it is a standard set - duplicated. I would study them in detail, check the quoted apr's against the actual statements etc and find fault..... late payment charges back then were £25 - see what these terms show, if £12 then it's wrong and you'd argue unenforceability again....

Otherwise I would maintain the payments as it's, from first glance, enforceable I'm afraid

Comment

Thanks Niddy very much appreciated - I'll update my records - 1 down 7 to go.

In terms of plan of action - Cabot seem (no attempt to jinx) happy with £100pcm and have to date not requested a payment review and don't appear to be charging interest anymore - given it was defaulted in 2008 - would you wait til after the default comes off to look at F&F based on the balance at the 6 year date?

I'll keep paying this one.....

Thanks though.
                  Last edited by malamute; 28 September 2011, 11:09. Reason: left off a sentence!

Comment

Thanks Niddy very much appreciated - I'll update my records - 1 down 7 to go.

In terms of plan of action - Cabot seem (no attempt to jinx) happy with £100pcm and have to date not requested a payment review and don't appear to be charging interest anymore - given it was defaulted in 2008 - would you wait til after the default comes off to look at F&F based on the balance at the 6 year date?

I'll keep paying this one.....

Thanks though.
                    I'd just keep paying or make an offer, if you can afford one? However make no decisions until everything is back and we have an overall picture.....

Comment

Here Goes!!

Lloyds visa credit card – Credit Security - 25pcm - pre 2007
                      Balance - £2874 defaulted Jan 2009
                      August 2011 - Sent CCA Request
                      Sept 2011 CCA received
                      They have sent a copy of the original application with the prescribed terms being part of the recon, that is I'm afraid enforceable

Comment

Ah crap!! I've stopped paying it - should I restart?

Balance is around 2.5k could I get a 250 f&f?

Thx!!

Comment

Capital One Mastercard - Lowells - £0pcm - 2003
                          Balance around 14.5k defaulted 2008

I#ve an agreement sent to me for this one - do I redirect it as Niddy on holiday?

Comment

Ah crap!! I've stopped paying it - should I restart?

Balance is around 2.5k could I get a 250 f&f?

Thx!!
                            At that size debt, maybe consider blagging it and see if they get tough - if you wanna do this then just respond as follows: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Best of luck, you need to keep on top of things with this and let us know as soon as they write to you..

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              At that size debt, maybe consider blagging it and see if they get tough - if you wanna do this then just respond as follows: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Best of luck, you need to keep on top of things with this and let us know as soon as they write to you..
                              I'll send this today!!

Comment

I'll send this today!!
                                Sorted

Comment

Working...
                                X