GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Malamute UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malamute UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malamute UE Diary

one quick question - why are some sending back the £1 and some taking it? Should I be confused?

Comment

no idea, they are strange and have no idea what they actually should do! bet you get letters from cabot referring you to the OC next week!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
        one quick question - why are some sending back the £1 and some taking it? Should I be confused?
        Because the £1 is a statutory fee that means you need to pay it before they need to issue the info. Like anything, they can refuse payment if they want.

Some accounts (I mean business bank accounts) could levy a charge equal to or greater than the £1 deposit so some firms do refund it, or just return it - if they do and you issued a PO you can refund it anyway at the Post Office
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Soooo.

All DCA hasve acknowledged my requests - "we have requested the agreement"

Lowell (both) have said that they have requested the statements as well - why?

BUT.....

Credit Security haven't acknowledged my letter/request and my requests were sent 25th August.

Comment

So...

My next lot of monthly payments fall due at the end of this month.

Should i:

1. chase/write to credit security as they have ignored my cca request?
            2. for those that have acknowledged my cca request - pay or not pay?
            3.I've not received any cca since requesting any so what next?

thx!!

Comment

So...

My next lot of monthly payments fall due at the end of this month.

Should i:

1. chase/write to credit security as they have ignored my cca request?
              2. for those that have acknowledged my cca request - pay or not pay?
              3.I've not received any cca since requesting any so what next?

thx!!
              Do nothing just sit and wait
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nothing sounds good to me!

Tempted to the money i pay them to one side though.

Will update when i've read some other diaries

Comment

Hi Malamute,

I'm still waiting for 4 of my creditors to send me CCA's and thats from nearly a year ago - none of them have been paid a penny since then and I've not heard anything from them (no letters - no phone calls).

And as it stands they are in breach and are UE so I'm not going to do anything to remind them !!

Probably tempting fate now !

Good luck

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Thanks October - always good to know what others have done

I'm paying out so much I'm worried if i stop i'll pee them off and it'll get worse - i imagine the normal fear when starting the UE route.

Comment

T

I'm paying out so much I'm worried if i stop i'll pee them off and it'll get worse - i imagine the normal fear when starting the UE route.
                      Yes this is the normal fear. I was like that when I began my UE journey, but believe me it does get better/easier and your confidence will grow to deal with each and every situation as it arises with all the help and advice from Niddy/I2D and others on here.

Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

So if i paying the dca now and stop paying and then it turns out to be enforceable - i can just renegotiate?

Also, if i have been paying, stop and then it turns out to be unenforceable - would I be able to say - take the payments made so far as F&F - or am i getting ahead of myself?

Thanks!!

Comment

Thanks October - always good to know what others have done

Originally posted by October Revolution View Post
                          Yes this is the normal fear. I was like that when I began my UE journey, but believe me it does get better/easier and your confidence will grow to deal with each and every situation as it arises with all the help and advice from Niddy/I2D and others on here.

Malamute we were in the same position not so long ago but as October says it does get easier especially with the support you receive here you have just got to get it into your head that they can't take what you haven't got and realise it's not a crime to be in debt
                          Good Luck
                          What2do

Comment

So if i paying the dca now and stop paying and then it turns out to be enforceable - i can just renegotiate?

Also, if i have been paying, stop and then it turns out to be unenforceable - would I be able to say - take the payments made so far as F&F - or am i getting ahead of myself?

Thanks!!
                            You have to stop paying that's part of the process
                            Lets just take 1 step at a time & no they would not take any payments made as F&F
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No worries - always so relieved to get that reassurance of direction and process.

One step at a time eh!

Thanks again to all - I'd best get my standing order dates changed!

Comment

Ok so Lowells have replied and said that capital one are retrieving my agreement from their archive and will advise if a copy is not available but one comment worries me:

"once you have seen your credit agreement we will ask you pay your outstanding balance in full"

Cabot have replied stating a delay but balance still due- and increased the balance owing on one account.

One Cabot account (Capone) is not accruing interest; the other cabot account (egg) is adding interest?

Comment

Working...
                                X