GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hereford Vets UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hereford Vets UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hereford Vets UE Diary

Well here goes firstly thanks for everyones initial advice its taken a huge weight already irrelevant of the outcome! Ive started my quest to get debt free with a lot of old credits cards!

Quick outline run up lots of debts upto 2007 due to failing business, robbed peter to pay paul and closed accounts and opened a few others. Wont bore with all the detail and try and keep it to the Diary.

Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
    Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Yes
    Approx balance £1590
    Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess at 2013
    Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) with 1st credit
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Mark & Spencer

22nd Feb CCA sent to 1st Credit and LBA to Judge & priestley
    6th June 2017 information from 1st Credit on the account in response. Nothing yet returned.
    12th July Letter from 1st Credit advising they have heard nothing from me or third party and have 14 days to respond.
    Anyone advice my next steps please??
    Letter from 1st Credit legal Department deciding not to issue litigation proceedings 7th Sept 2017
    Letter from 1st Credit offering payment match reduce balance by 30% 29th Jan 2018 - ignored
    Passed over to intrum in 2018 and chased various times via statement.
    16/1/19 letter advising that its been passed to Intrum legal Department
    17 January 19 letter from Lester Aldridge - Letter of Claim - referring to Annex 1 and advising it was for a CC opened around 7th Feb 2007. Should I asked for a written copy of the agreement as it says? Or ignore?
    4 Feb 2019 Reply form sent to Intrum Finance advising non compliance to CCA request Feb 17 as no response.
    14 Feb 2019 Reply from Intrum Legal Department - They have sent Notices of assignment from M&S to 1st Credit, signed copy of my agreement dated 5th Feb 2007, True copy of agreement at the time the account was opened, true copy of the varied terms of the credit agreement in force at the point of default, Statements for the duration of the account, Default notice. they invite to engage with them within 30 days.

Re: Hereford Vets UE Diary

Approx balance £4622.01
    Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess 2013 or earlier
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) with Arrow Global Ltd
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Virgin Money

Letter received by Capquest 17th February 2017
    There is a settlement available on your account
    Sent over CCA to Capquest 22nd Feb 2017
    Received letter 25th Feb 2017 from Capquest advising they have forwarded my request for documentation to Arrow Global and will send it as soon as they receive it.
    Letter 16th May 2017 from Capquest "We are still awaiting a response from MBNA"
    Last edited by HerefordVet; 26 June 2017, 10:07.

Comment

Approx balance Unsure
      Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess at 2013
      Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) with Fidelity Credit
      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Unsure

Sent over a CCA to Fidelity on 22nd Feb 17 and also denial of implied right of access letter.
      Received the postal order back on 3rd march with a compliments slip - with hand written "Unfortunately we are unable to action this request. For all further assistance please contact and their telephone number.

Comment

Well done on starting your diary x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I appreciate that you don't want to go into any detail here regarding how things got to where they are.......Reading your description It sounded very familiar and I said to myself "I know that feeling all too well"........

You will find that many people here were in the same position and have found the site so useful in those early years. I am glad we have been able to help

Great news on the Diary......that's the hardest part done

Anything you are unsure of or need to know...... Ask - There is no such thing as a silly question There is no judgement here on AAD - just support and friendly advice
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thank you its appreciated,

Just a note on the Fidelity one which I haven't a clue what its for, they have now returned the £1 postal order as above via a compliments slip and seemed to ignore my letter "denial of implied right of access" as they have sent another round being extremely snotty and aggressive at my door today. What is my next step with these people?

Comment

Firstly, record the date and rough time of the visit and anything that was said etc - Keep it in your file

Was the letter that you sent them the one from this site or elsewhere?

Comment

I'll make a note of it, the two letters were sent on the same day one a CCA and the other I will send to you. Cant remember who told me to send it to be honest.

Comment

From your description I was thinking that it may be a letter from somewhere else that's all.

Depending on what letter is sent will decide what to do next really

In any event, no matter who turns up at your door, If you suspect it to be a DCA you can just not open the door ( and they will probably post something through) or once they identify themselves just close the door and go inside. You are under no obligation to speak with them and I would not reccomend you do. You could just tell them not to visit again and to write to you if you feel able.

These people have no right to enter your property etc - They have no rights and must leave the minute you tell them to.

Comment

Ok,

Apparently coming back after 6, they'll get the same response at whatever time they come which is none!

Comment

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
                      Ok,

Apparently coming back after 6, they'll get the same response at whatever time they come which is none!
                      You might look at this!
                      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...604#post587604
                      Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Brilliant memory, Nanna! Yes, it was indeed me - and I still have the letter, hoarded on my ancient laptop for over six years!

I have copied the text below - if you would like a Word copy PM me and I will email it to you. I kept a copy printed out near the front door, but only used it once.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
                      Please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you: therefore instead, I am giving you this print-out to retain for future reference, as any further attempts to call at my home address will be reported as trespass to the local police.

In case you were not aware; there is an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc. I respectfully suggest you familiarise yourself with case law prior to attending my property again, in particular pay attention to Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.

So, to summarise; I, [insert your name here]revoke licence under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including, but not limited to, police attendance and a claim for compensation for your continual harassment.

As everyone else has said already, these people have no powers whatsoever, although I do appreciate that it is not a pleasant experience. My advice would be to keep calm and dignified (even if you are shaking inside, don't let them see it) and look them straight in the eye and tell them that the account is "in dispute". My main thought was that it improved my7 "street cred" on here and how I could come on here and share it with all my friends on here.

Keep strong and remember you are not alone in this - so do come on here and have a good old rant! xxx

Comment

If they come open the door hand them the note then close it .x

Or pass it through the letterbox x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

They wont get to my door if I'm at home! But I will be very polite!

Comment

Thanks for the PM HV

As I advised, The letter format that you sent is not from AAD but it is similar

If you are able to join AAD+ to access the template letters and send the threat of doorstep visit letter from AAD - (Sent recorded delivery) it would at least spell out your position clearly and give you something to fall back on should the harassment continue and a formal complaint become necessary.

You are doing really well with this - Its just a waiting game to see what your CCA requests bring now.........And I hope you have to wait a good long time.........Well to SB to be exact

Comment

Sorry to double post but I just wanted to say, If you send the AAD template letter and you want to add a line or two to refer to your previous letter etc

Please be very careful with the wording as the last thing you want to do is to acknowledge the debt by writing something like "my account" or "my debt" etc

AAD template letters are carefully written so that they do not acknowledge the debt and generally there is no need to alter them

If in doubt, post up first

Comment

Working...
                              X