GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hereford Vets UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hereford Vets UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hereford Vets UE Diary

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
    Ok,

Back in UK and as they said they did turn up Saturday and as I wasnt in left a Statutory Demand under section 268(1)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986. Debt for Liquidated Sum Payable Immediately.

The demand is served by the creditor 1st Credit Finance Ltd the creditor claims that you owe the sum of £9300.

Next page the debtor entered into a contract with Bank Of Scotland account number *****

The account was assigned to 1st Credit in Nov 2016

etc etc

This was for a Halifax Card which I havent yet sent a CCA for but assume as I sent 1st Credit one for the M&S card they have jumped onto this?

I took this card out in around 2007 and didnt pay anything to it since around 2011/12 though I am guessing at that.

I assume this is enough information for now?
    Can you photo / scan the document and email it to me with your username in the subject line. I'll then pass it to solicitor for you, unless you've already sent it planB in which case no need to redo it as all I'll do is send it their direction on your behalf.

As its 2007 it could be problematic but at this stage and until you get the CCA we can't presume anything.

Send me the email & SD demand and I'll reply & we'll try & get this sorted. Worse case I've a contact at 1st who would likely drop the demand if you have grounds for argument but we'll discuss on email.

My email is in my signature below.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Can you photo / scan the document and email it to me with your username in the subject line. I'll then pass it to solicitor for you, unless you've already sent it planB in which case no need to redo it as all I'll do is send it their direction on your behalf.
      No I've not asked to see anything yet.

But the OP might want to see this press release on the sanction 1st Credit previously received from the OFT for using statutory demands for debt collection purposes. They were told to "refrain" from doing it in certain circumstances and report back every six months with statistics of their enforcement actions or be find £50k and/or have their licence revoked >

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...ess/2009/20-09

It seems they may have forgotten this, but I haven't

Di

Comment

The demand is served by the creditor 1st Credit Finance Ltd the creditor claims that you owe the sum of £9300.

Next page the debtor entered into a contract with Bank Of Scotland account number *****

The account was assigned to 1st Credit in Nov 2016

etc etc

This was for a Halifax Card which I havent yet sent a CCA for but assume as I sent 1st Credit one for the M&S card they have jumped onto this?
        If this debt was only assigned to 1st Credit in November 2016 it does seem a bit quick to be issuing a Statutory Demand (3/4 months later).

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment last November, and what have they sent you since then (if anything)?

Di

Comment

Lol good find
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just checked the tracking and it says delivered 15/3/16 but states Reigate PDO which means
            • PDO - Delivery Office. A local office where you can collect your item

15/03/17 08:21 DELIVERED15/03/17 REIGATE PDO
            14/03/17 11:42 SENT AT POST OFFICE Manchester

Comment

Thanks Niddy, emailed it to the webmaster email.

At this stage do I not need to do anything?

Also on the basis I have a couple of other Credit cards that havent been chasing for a while and passed on from pillar to post to I need to act now on these or just wait for the next correspondence?

Comment

I dont recall receiving a Notice of Assignment but to be brutally honest I very rarely read the correspondence and just destroyed. Like I say it was probably ignited by the fact Ive sent the same company a CCA for the £1900 debt they were chasing for the M&S card which they haven't responded to from the 22 Feb 17. They have rang me and left a message only a couple of days ago asking for me to call them.

Comment

Hi

ive replied and copied in Jo & Di (our solicitor)

You'll hear from them directly or click reply all if you've heard nothing in a day or so. Don't do anything yet no. Regards other debts get a CCA sent.

Good luck.

Comment

At this stage do I not need to do anything?
                    Nope, we've exchanged emails and will talk tomorrow

Maybe check the Royal Mail website again to see if your CCA Request has been signed for.

Di

Comment

There is a printed signature showing online now though more of a squiggle! the Halifax still not signed for theirs.

Comment

There is a printed signature showing online now though more of a squiggle!
                        Oh good, 1st Credit have received their s.77-79 CCA Request. That squiggle proves it.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Send 1st Credit a s.77-79 CCA Request immediately.
                          Well that seems to have done the trick.

Hereford has an update

Di

Comment

Letter received today from 1st Credit Legal Dept stating we do not have a payment plan with you in relation to your account.
                            Following the recent service of Statutory Demand we write to inform you that we are now in a position to present a bankruptcy petition against you.

Etc etc etc emailed you copy

Comment

Letter received today from 1st Credit Legal Dept stating we do not have a payment plan with you in relation to your account.
                              Following the recent service of Statutory Demand we write to inform you that we are now in a position to present a bankruptcy petition against you.

Etc etc etc emailed you copy
                              Seems they have been counting their Chickens before they are hatched!

I think you are in the right place and hands to combat this.

Comment

Niddy and Plan B are on the case , let battle comense ,x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X