GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hereford Vets UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hereford Vets UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hereford Vets UE Diary

Cheers Spud for your feedback, yes I think I found two websites when looking initially and the letter may have come from the first one. This one has been far more informative and positive so like you say I'll join up and be able to obtain the templates today. I'll sort the letter out and post special delivery. They obviously didn't come back after six so Ive put the muzzle back on the cockapoo!

Comment

ok little bit of assistance!! After home visit on Tuesday which I assumed was from Fidelite I have now received a letter from Tremark -

I have been directed to serve you with a statutory Demand we did Tuesday 7th but unable to meet you.

I have to inform you i will attend on Saturday between 10-11am for the purpose of serving with the demand blah blah blah

Well firstly I wont be here then so its being left in the post box but do I need to act before hand? I dont even know what it relates too but assume its been triggered by my letters over the past couple of weeks.

I also leaves their contact details if I am not available for such appointment, do i ignore this request or contact them? Dont want them mithering at my doorstep when im not there!

Help
      Last edited by HerefordVet; 9 March 2017, 15:19.

Comment

Panicking niw

Comment

Nanna firstly thanks for helping me, I won't be here to speak to anyone but didn't want someone turning up with a letter appointment unless necessary. Is this something I need to be worried about as they aren't a DCA ? Would like some feedback

Comment

It probably won't hurt to pm or email Niddy using his address in his signature.Putting your user name and query in the header. Niddy usually replies in the early hours so no panicking.Ive just realised it's a DN.x NW has pmd Plan B so she may be in touch in the meantime.good luck

I have PMd Niddy for you.x
            Last edited by nanna58; 10 March 2017, 18:22.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
              ok little bit of assistance!! After home visit on Tuesday which I assumed was from Fidelite I have now received a letter from Tremark -

I have been directed to serve you with a statutory Demand we did Tuesday 7th but unable to meet you.

I have to inform you i will attend on Saturday between 10-11am for the purpose of serving with the demand blah blah blah

Well firstly I wont be here then so its being left in the post box but do I need to act before hand? I dont even know what it relates too but assume its been triggered by my letters over the past couple of weeks.

I also leaves their contact details if I am not available for such appointment, do i ignore this request or contact them? Dont want them mithering at my doorstep when im not there!

Help
              Ok don't worry. Let them serve it then we'll get our solicitor to help you set it aside. Assuming it's a personal debt under CCA1974 (ie not utility / council tax etc) then it's unlawful as they can't use the bankruptcy process for debts under the Act.

You'll be fine. Don't stress. Don't talk to anyone. They've no authority but if you get caught out and answer your door and someone tries to serve a SD then take the letter and close your door. Otherwise they'll put through letterbox.

In any case let me know if & when such a demand is served / delivered. Whatever, don't stress. It's nothing to worry about.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you really appreciated ! Was worrying as don't have a clue! I'm not here so will tell my wife to ignore and they'll have to leave in letterbox! I'll advise Tuesday when home.

Comment

After home visit on Tuesday which I assumed was from Fidelite I have now received a letter from Tremark -

Well firstly I wont be here then so its being left in the post box but do I need to act before hand? I dont even know what it relates to
                  Tremark are process servers so it's probably a genuine letter.

A Statutory Demand is a demand for any money/debt including council tax that if not paid can lead to a petition for bankruptcy. But before you panic it is not a court document (like a court claim).

They have to wait 21 days before they can petition for BR during which you can make an application to the court to have the SD set-aside.

You cannot be made BR for a debt under £5k (it was £750 but thankfully that limit was raised).

So think about which debt this may refer to. The SD will/must say anyway but there's no harm in being proactive due to the short timescale for dealing with this.

Have you sent CCA Requests to all your creditors? Do you owed money to anyone other than a credit card company/bank/debt purchaser etc?

The way to see off a SD is to convince them that you have "triable issues" in relation to the debt which should be heard in the county court not the bankruptcy court. You'll probably be reminding them of Hammond v Pro Fit (USA) Ltd Paragraph 27 http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2007/1998.html

Statutory Demands are regularly used to scare the pants off debtors and some creditors have been sanctioned by the OFT (before the FCA was invented) for using this tactic to collect debts which were in dispute.

Di

Comment

I'm not sure what debt this relates too but I only owe on old credit cards apart from a Recent vat debt which I am dealing with. I will just let them serve it tomorrow as I'm abroad and advise what it says thereafter. Thank you for everyone's help it's greatly appreciated

Comment

I'm not sure what debt this relates too but I only owe on old credit cards apart from a Recent vat debt which I am dealing with. I will just let them serve it tomorrow as I'm abroad
                      When will you be back in the country if you need to sign any set-aside documents?

Is the VAT debt £5k or over?

Di

Comment

Honestly don't know what the debt relates too

Comment

Don't worry. Let us know if and when the SD is served.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok,

Back in UK and as they said they did turn up Saturday and as I wasnt in left a Statutory Demand under section 268(1)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986. Debt for Liquidated Sum Payable Immediately.

The demand is served by the creditor 1st Credit Finance Ltd the creditor claims that you owe the sum of £9300.

Next page the debtor entered into a contract with Bank Of Scotland account number *****

The account was assigned to 1st Credit in Nov 2016

etc etc

This was for a Halifax Card which I havent yet sent a CCA for but assume as I sent 1st Credit one for the M&S card they have jumped onto this?

I took this card out in around 2007 and didnt pay anything to it since around 2011/12 though I am guessing at that.

I assume this is enough information for now?

Comment

Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
                              Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 6-2-09 **
                              Approx balance £9300
                              Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess 2013 or earlier
                              Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
                              Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) with 1st Credit
                              Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Halifax

received letters ignored for many years, debt now with 1st Credit who have now issued Statutory Demand 12/03/17 via Tremark (details below on thread).
                              Nothing else done as yet awaiting feedback.

CCA Sent to 1st Credit 14 March 17
                              Subject to Access sent to Halifax 14 March 17

Letter received from 1st Credit 16th March 17 withdrawing the Statutory Demand and no further action until they have complied.

26th April 2017 - Received from 1st credit in response to CCA - Copy of Signed credit agreement, True copy of signed agreement at the time account was opened, etc etc
                              Not sure what is the next stage on this one?
                              Letter 23rd June 2017 - Moon Beever - 16 day payment request
                              Letter from 1st Credit Legal department 23rd June 17 advising they have engaged services of Moonbeever
                              LBA response letter sent to Moon Beever 7th July 2017
                              letter from 1st Credit legal Department 24/7/17 advising they are not proceeding with litigation and will pass back to collections.
                              Letter from 1st Credit 24/10/17 advising they have decided to engage the services of Resolvecall saying they will write to me to make options to make contact with them. if none of the options are suitable they have the facility to send a representative to make a personal visit. ** Do i wait for Resolvecall letter before sending the template about visiting?
                              letter 30th october 17 from Resolvecall saying they ask me to contact them within 7 days or if I prefer they can send a representative to make a personal visit. ** After reading a previous post is advised that after sending them the standard letter for visiting they responded with it doesnt apply to them? Do i send to Resolvecall and 1st Credit? Please assist.
                              Resolvecall made visit to my house 22nd November 2017 and left card. letter has been sent from templates denial of access and no response as yet. They advised it was visit 1.
                              Letter from 1st Credit asking to write of 50% of the balance dated 22/1/18 - ignored
                              Last edited by HerefordVet; 2 February 2018, 13:25.

Comment

Good to have you back HV x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X