GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hereford Vets UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hereford Vets UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
    Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
    Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Unsure but close
    Approx balance £7051.18
    Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess 2013 or earlier
    Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Link Financial advising 1/6/17 The Coop assigned the debt to Link though owned by ALC5

CCA to be sent.
    Who has written to you and roughly what did the letter say?

Have you previously sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to either the Co-op or Link or anyone else for that matter?

I've glanced back through your thread but can't see the history of this debt (my apologies if I've missed it).

Di

Comment

Afternoon Di,

Link Financial have written to me stating we hereby give you notice that on 1/6/17 The Coop bank assigned to us the benefit of the debt that you owe to them under an agreement with the ref number above with the balance furthermore on 1/6/17 Link subsequently assigned the benefit of your debt to Asset Link Capital (No5) Ltd (ALC5).

As a result of this subsequent assignment your Debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as servcier for your account. All future payments should be made to link and any future correspondence, or complaint blah blah

Lots more nonsense then attached a letter from the Co-op bank saying its sold to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd.

I havent sent a CCA on this one as not received anything for a long time. Do I just send the CCA to Link?

Comment

Okay so you've received a Notice of Assignment but that's all by the sound if it.

You've described a 'Hello' letter from Link and a 'Goodbye' letter from the Co op bank possibly in the same envelope.

The AAD way of doing things is not to rush to respond to letters unless they threaten anything nasty. I expect others will tell you to wait until you see what comes next.

When did you open this account and when was your last payment towards it?

Di

Comment

Hi HV, I agree with Di, wait and see what comes next don't rush in to letter ping pong to quickly

NW
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok Di many thanks, also received letter from 1st credit legal on the Halifax one saying they they have performed a review of the account and decided not to proceed with litigation at this moment in time. Its been passed back to collections. I'll update the diary.

PS yes the two letters came in same envelope. I think the account was opened 10 years ago ish and last payment maybe 2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
              also received letter from 1st credit legal on the Halifax one saying they they have performed a review of the account and decided not to proceed with litigation at this moment in time. Its been passed back to collections.
              Isn't this the debt where 1st Credit served a Statutory Demand on you in March?

Nice to see them change their tune when challenged

Di

Comment

Yes Di, Now had a letter from 1st credit offering 33% discount on the debt!

Comment

Is this site still being used by the admins? When I have updates on the diary that require response ie my Halifax account do I wait for reponse? many thanks

Comment

Well I am on here But, I am not in uk till April so not getting some notifications of posts, if no one has replied please pm one of us mods so we can try and help . NW
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      Well I am on here But, I am not in uk till April so not getting some notifications of posts, if no one has replied please pm one of us mods so we can try and help . NW
                      Thanks NW,

I have messaged Niddy but he may be away, basics are 1st Credit have passed onto Resolve call who have since corresponded giving 7 days to contact or arrange home visit.

a) Do I send the template letter about Denial of access even though they are working on behalf of 1st credit ?
                      b) send the Denial of access to 1st Credit? or both?

Or any other advise?

Comment

• if they turn up you do not need to discuss anything with them but ask them to leave the property and shut the gate on leaving - politely of course, many seem to ignore those letters, but if you do send one make a note of date time they call on you etc

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          if they turn up you do not need to discuss anything with them but ask them to leave the property and shut the gate on leaving - politely of course, many seem to ignore those letters, but if you do send one make a note of date time they call on you etc
                          Thanks TC,

Rather not have them turning up but that's the nature of the beast! I may be tempted to close the gates behind them and let the dogs out! they had been asked nicely ;-) !!

Comment

• Sometimes when they say " Call on you" they only phone you. I was told a ' field rep' would call, but all the fields are still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                              Sometimes when they say " Call on you" they only phone you. I was told a ' field rep' would call, but all the fields are still there.
                              haha the dogs love uninvited guests!

Comment

• Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
                                Well here goes firstly thanks for everyones initial advice its taken a huge weight already irrelevant of the outcome! Ive started my quest to get debt free with a lot of old credits cards!

Quick outline run up lots of debts upto 2007 due to failing business, robbed peter to pay paul and closed accounts and opened a few others. Wont bore with all the detail and try and keep it to the Diary.

Type of account (credit card/loan) credit card
                                Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Yes
                                Approx balance £1590
                                Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Cant remember but guess at 2013
                                Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
                                Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) with 1st credit
                                Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) Mark & Spencer

22nd Feb CCA sent to 1st Credit and LBA to Judge & priestley
                                6th June 2017 information from 1st Credit on the account in response. Nothing yet returned.
                                12th July Letter from 1st Credit advising they have heard nothing from me or third party and have 14 days to respond.
                                Anyone advice my next steps please??
                                Letter from 1st Credit legal Department deciding not to issue litigation proceedings 7th Sept 2017
                                Letter from 1st Credit offering payment match reduce balance by 30% 29th Jan 2018 - ignored
                                Passed over to intrum in 2018 and chased various times via statement.
                                16/1/19 letter advising that its been passed to Intrum legal Department
                                17 January 19 letter from Lester Aldridge - Letter of Claim - referring to Annex 1 and advising it was for a CC opened around 7th Feb 2007. Should I asked for a written copy of the agreement as it says? Or ignore?
                                Anyone had chance to look at this please regards Lester Aldridge? Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X