GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mbna unenforceable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mbna unenforceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mbna unenforceable

Hi
    I did mean to start this diary back in February but life got in the way.

So......
    12/15 - ended payments to all our credit card accounts.

1/16 CCA'd all our CC's
    -mbna (£21500) received a letter which said it was unenforceable.
    -NatWest -£450 letter say it was unenforceable.
    - mbna (£7000) received documents which Niddy looked at ( via email) and said it was unenforceable. Thank you

30/10/16 mbna (£7k) received a letter from PRA - they have bought the debt and want paying.
    How should I respond to this?
    many thanks again
    Last edited by Little_Miss; 1 October 2016, 11:12.

Re: Mbna unenforceable

after Niddy said this one was unenforceable did you tell MBNA? did you send them anything at all?

personally I would probably send a SWID to Pra, but they are very quick to hustle you into court, so we need to know everything that has happened since January to this one.

Comment

Hi - I've done nothing at all. Not sent anything or paid anything. This is the first correspondence about it.
      Thanks

just adding a few details

mbna credit card
      £7200
      date cc taken out - 2001
      defaulted
      no payments since December 2015
      bought by PRA 30/9/16
      feb 2016 niddy looked at the CCA they sent me and said it was unenforceable
      Last edited by Little_Miss; 1 October 2016, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Miss View Post
        Hi - I've done nothing at all. Not sent anything or paid anything. This is the first correspondence about it.
        Thanks
        just adding a few details
        mbna credit card
        £7200
        date cc taken out - 2001
        defaulted
        no payments since December 2015
        bought by PRA 30/9/16
        feb 2016 niddy looked at the CCA they sent me and said it was unenforceable
        Make certain that you have any paper work sent by MBNA safely stored and if possible scanned.

At the moment they are not threatening anything, just advice of purchase of debt. (store their letter with envelope [date envelope when recieved])
        My instinct is to file this and wait and see what comes next.

Comment

Pra have said that they now own the debt and that they will contact me shortly to adivise me of my situation. I'm not sure what their next move will be.

Comment

Pra have said that they now own the debt and that they will contact me shortly to adivise me of my situation. I'm not sure what their next move will be.
            Relax and simply wait and see what their next move is.

Do not discuss anything at the Phone (make a note of any phone calls they might make time date)

Comment

Ok thanks. I block all numbers - I've subscribed - could this thread be moved to the other area?
              Thanks

Comment

Ok thanks. I block all numbers - I've subscribed - could this thread be moved to the other area?
                Thanks
                Hi Little_Miss, we tend to not move UE diaries, as moving to AAD+ doesn’t guarantee as many replies and support that you would receive in the diary section, so you could miss out on valuable help from others that aren't in AAD+

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

No problem. Wasn't sure what to do.
                  Thanks

Comment

Hiya - IF they get arsey or things are unique to you then we''ll gladly move your thread.

As IF said above, whilst it's a diary it's best being public but if you want it private then just say. It's your call - you're AAD+ so it's your choice where you put your threads.

Don't worry. You're in safe hands now
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X