GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Start of my diary

You may qualify for Government Help to write off up to 80% of your debt. All charges and fees will be frozen. Reply HELP for info or STOP to opt-out

Not tempted at all! But what could they be referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
      You may qualify for Government Help to write off up to 80% of your debt. All charges and fees will be frozen. Reply HELP for info or STOP to opt-out

Not tempted at all! But what could they be referring to?
      Just out of interest - who has this text come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        Just out of interest - who has this text come from?
        I have no idea,as far as I am aware nobody has this number.

Comment

This must be from one of a number of commercial companies that offer to set up IVAs on your behalf (at a price).

IVAs are a sort of bankruptcy-lite.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            This must be from one of a number of commercial companies that offer to set up IVAs on your behalf (at a price).

IVAs are a sort of bankruptcy-lite.
            Yep just had a quick look on Google!

Comment

Phishing ?
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Phishing ?
                phishing down here
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Type of Account: B of S cc
                  Date Commenced: 2/10/2013
                  Approx Balance: £1000
                  Date last paid: Approx beginning of 2016
                  Are you on arrangement to pay or not paying: Not paying
                  Status (Default/ in arrears/ up to date): Default
                  Account Owner (DCA or Lender): PRA Group

Re: CCA Reply received Bank of Scotland

Re: request for information section 77 - 79 Consumer Credit Act 1974

Dear...

I am in receipt of your correspondence in relation to the above account and have requested the required information.

We will contact you to provide an update as soon as possible...
                  Dated April 2017
                  PRA Group
                  Outstanding balance 1000.7
                  Original Creditor B of S

We are disappointed to see that you have failed to respond to our attempts to contact you regarding your outstanding debt.

Our account managers will now start a full investigation into your personal circumstances which will include some of the following...

We can only assist you if you get in touch with us. If we fail to hear from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, this will leave us no alternative but to consider what action would be appropriate to collect this debt in full.

Letter received 2/06/2017 PRA GROUP

I refer to your request for copy documentation regarding the above account.

Please find enclosed documentation received to date; we are awaiting further documents inorder to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court of further enforcement action...

Please be advised that this does not mean that your debt has been written off, despite being unenforceable, we are still legally entitled to:
                  * Contact you and ask you to pay what you owe
                  * Pass your details onto a third party collection agency.

If we obtain information in the future we will of course provide this to you immediately.
                  Last edited by Strepsi; 23 September 2019, 12:03.

Comment

• MBNA Virgin CC 6/9/2005 - £3216

Letter dated 22/06/2017

From Capquest

Please find attached copy of agreement from our client as requested.

Going to email jpeg to Niddy. Unfortunately scanner appears to be broken!

I have a feeling it is going to be UE or at least hope it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
                      Re: Start of my diary

Mbna (Link) 19/07/2013 2497
                      Defaulted with MBNA, but no doubt Link will now be adding interest now that they 'own' it!
                      CCA requested sent last year, finally came in the post, when I get an opportunity this week will send to Niddy.

I reasonably confident that this will be enforceable! However the print out is so small I may struggle to send a good copy (scan).
                      Finally got around to scanning, going to send Terms to Niddy. Got loads of other paperwork, that just appears to standard stuff. Sent the Terms specifically as it so small.

Comment

MBNA Virgin CC 6/9/2005 - £3216

Letter dated 22/06/2017

From Capquest

Scanner now working going to send scans to Niddy.

Comment

Letter dated 22/06/2017

From Capquest

I think this is UE, but not sure why? Read a link sent from Niddy mentioning 2007, but this is 2008.

Comment

Letter dated 22/06/2017

From Capquest

I think this is UE, but not sure why? Read a link sent from Niddy mentioning 2007, but this is 2008.
                            Is it 2008 or 2005? Top of post says 6/9/2005.

Comment

• Sorry, it was 2005.

Comment

My debtor's:
                                Mbna (Link) 19/07/2013 2497
                                Tesco 19/07/2013 4488
                                Sainsbury Westcot 11/09/2013 2735
                                Creation 2/12/2013 4630
                                Santander 15/01/21014 451
                                Natwest 22/8/2013 4418
                                B of S 29/10/2013 1128
                                Hsbc Flexi loan 31/05/2006 4863
                                B Card 7/09/2004 7166
                                Halifax 05/11/2008 5118
                                Tsb 09/06/2005 4146
                                Barclay Partner 23/12/2013 1077
                                Creation consumer finance 29/11/2013 854
                                Santander 09/05/2008 743
                                Hsbc 21/09/1998 1831
                                Hsbc 11/6/2007 977

This part of the diary includes my wife's at this stage mine is not on here.

Halifax O/D - 7/9/2004 - £2040
                                Halifax CC 1/11/2013 - £2369
                                Tesco CC 17/10/2013 - £4315
                                Natwest CC 18/9/2013 - £4386
                                MBNA CC 6/9/2005 - £3216 Appears to be owned by Arrow - but receive letter from Capquest (Letter CCA sent 2nd Feb, nothing back yet)
                                Ikiano Loan 5/8/2013 - £2232

B'Card 14/11/2013 - £4990 UE according to Niddy
                                Next Direct 6/5/2008 - £4427 UE according to Niddy
                                I've just read back through your diary (254 posts!) and I can't see any original background for each of your (or your wife's) 25 debts posted anywhere which makes giving targeted advice difficult. I can see that there have been requests to persuade you to do that because the only way to give accurate help is to know what went on before and in particular how/when the account was opened and who was the original creditor etc.

Is there any hope that you could do that now (a post for each one) so that when there is a new 'event' you simply re-quote your post and then add the news?

Use this format for each debt:

Type of account (credit card/loan)
                                Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
                                Approx balance
                                Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                                Are you on arrangement or not paying
                                Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                                Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X