GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post

PRA GROUP 15/3/2017
    In order to comply with our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we are providing you with this statement of your account - ..........

Still no credit agreement?!

I have received information that am a little confused by. Going to email for clarification.

Cheers

Comment

Type of Account: Sainsbury CC
      Date Commenced: 2013
      Approx Balance: £2500
      Date last paid: Approx beginning of 2016
      Are you on arrangement to pay or not paying: Not paying
      Status (Default/ in arrears/ up to date): Default
      Account Owner (DCA or Lender): Moorcroft then Wescot (I think), now with Cabot Financial

4th October
      Letter received from Sainsbury's

"we are writing to notify you that Sainsburys bank has assigned all of it rights respective right title etc... to the Cabot Credit Management Group effective from the 31st August..."

4th October
      Letter received from Cabot confirming above.

20th October
      We really want to help...

22nd November
      We have previously explained that there are several options available and we want to help you find the most suitable solution...

27 December (Second letter)

Your outstanding balance - potential legal action

"Following our previous letter, we want to talk to you about your account but haven't heard from you...

What legal action could mean
      "Our typical action would be to instruct a solicitor to issue amount due..."

This debt started life with Moorcroft (which I cca'd), they returned postal order saying that they are no longer dealing with it. I can't remember if I then CCA'd Wescott, it has now been sold to Cabot, as mentioned.

What would be the best course of action, it appears that they are quite keen. Should I send a CCA request or a SWID to Cabot. I am certain that this will be enforceable, mainly because of the date.

Cheers

I have sent info across to Niddy to take a look at, I have a feeling that this will be enforceable.

Comment

I have received information that am a little confused by. Going to email for clarification.

Cheers
        If you haven't yet sent the email (to PRA I assume), I would strongly advise asking for advice here regarding the information, before you contact PRA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

If you haven't yet sent the email (to PRA I assume), I would strongly advise asking for advice here regarding the information, before you contact PRA.
          Should have been clearer, the email was sent to Niddy for clarification on info that I have received from PRA Group.

Comment

• Just out of interest can a DCA chase a debt when there licence is 'lapsed'?

Comment

Just out of interest can a DCA chase a debt when there licence is 'lapsed'?
              Well they can ask!!
              But it is a little more complicated. So make a Note file away and do not engage in ping pong with DCA. The AAD approach is Silence !!
              See Niddy's Blog
              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
              "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

Comment

I have sent info across to Niddy to take a look at, I have a feeling that this will be enforceable.
                I have just been advised that this is unenforceable, gobsmacked to be honest!!!

Comment

I have just been advised that this is unenforceable, gobsmacked to be honest!!!

Which just shows that accounts opened after 2007 (your Sainsburys credit card was from 2013) can still be unenforceable in some instances

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Which just shows that accounts opened after 2007 (your Sainsburys credit card was from 2013) can still be unenforceable in some instances

Di
                    SAR request sent as advised by Di.

Comment

Should have been clearer, the email was sent to Niddy for clarification on info that I have received from PRA Group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No worries

Di

Comment

• 2nd July 2018, 13:19
                          Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di

SAR request sent as advised by Di

Letter received 14th July from Sainsbury's.

Sainsbury's asking me to contact them in relation to SAR.

Currently with Cabot UK, letters beginning to get a little more threatening.

Comment

• Salisbury's asking me to contact them in relation to SAR. have you contacted them?

seems these companies may/have been trying to supply all that you ask for and only that and not all as required, I have told another company the letter request ask for ALL held - end of:- to include any Human Written Intervention, one company has resisted and a complaint to ICO ( if any good by reports) regarding issues of non compliance with request, and another company state cannot find any details of old HP and say could not have had one with them! yet a garage states they were HP company at that time, we cannot help you BUT as always ring us? cost monies to get same complaint
                            result? tick tick time is running out for them!
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 July 2018, 08:57.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2nd July 2018, 13:19
                              Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di

SAR request sent as advised by Di

Letter received 14th July from Sainsbury's.

Sainsbury's asking me to contact them in relation to SAR.

Currently with Cabot UK, letters beginning to get a little more threatening.

They probably want your email address so they can send the SAR by email.

Comment

• let them post it otherwise you will be printing too much/cost! they get it back against running cost/tax. also some may have ulterior motive for e-mail addresses???
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X