GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    [A] . 13th February 2018 Cabot Financial
    Your request for information under the consumer credit act.

Unfortunately we have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period...Your account is currently unenforceable, which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement against you...

[B] . 29th March 2018 Cabot Financial
    At the moment we don't have any payments being received on your account or commitment to a repayment plan.
    As a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action.
    You need to contact us within 28 days so that we can prevent this from happening.
    We can help you avoid this. There are a number of flexible solutions....
    Thoughts please?
    Make certain you have that letter [A] 13th February 2018 safe and sound with envelope(dated as to when received).
    When I received a similar letter - "
    NIDDY so now you go off radar. No more contact yea!"

[B] Cabot are sending out these Template letters, and before the 28 days are up following them up with another of a similar Template.

Ignore this!! Wait and see what comes next! [A] They know the legal position here!

Letter dated 10th May 2018.

We have tried to contact you on several occasions to discuss your account. As we have not heard from you, we are referring your account to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors will want to speak to you within the next seven days where they will review your situation and help you to arrange the most suitable solution for you based on your circumstances.

Thoughts please.

Would you be kind enough to tell me where to find the full history of this debt - perhaps the post number or a link?

I agree with NW that you should wait to see what Mortimer Clarke say in any letter they send you before deciding your next step.

However it also helps to anticipate what's likely to happen further down the line so you can be ready for it (such as send a Subject Access Request to the original creditor for the full history).

Di

Comment

• [A] . 13th February 2018 Cabot Financial

Unfortunately we have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period...Your account is currently unenforceable, which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement against you...

At the moment we don't have any payments being received on your account or commitment to a repayment plan.
      As a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action.
      You need to contact us within 28 days so that we can prevent this from happening.
      Thoughts please?
      Make certain you have that letter [A] 13th February 2018 safe and sound with envelope(dated as to when received).

[B] Cabot are sending out these Template letters, and before the 28 days are up following them up with another of a similar Template.

Ignore this!! Wait and see what comes next! [A] They know the legal position here!

We have tried to contact you on several occasions to discuss your account. As we have not heard from you, we are referring your account to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors will want to speak to you within the next seven days where they will review your situation and help you to arrange the most suitable solution for you based on your circumstances.

Thoughts please.

Would you be kind enough to tell me where to find the full history of this debt - perhaps the post number or a link?

I agree with NW that you should wait to see what Mortimer Clarke say in any letter they send you before deciding your next step.

However it also helps to anticipate what's likely to happen further down the line so you can be ready for it (such as send a Subject Access Request to the original creditor for the full history).

Di

Apologies, I can't quote from phone.

When I first started on the forum I must have started with separate threads before moving onto create a diary. The original posts are found on Next CCA thread - Strepsi.

Not sure how to get these onto my diary?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Strepsi;n1510641][A] . 13th February 2018 Cabot Financial

Thoughts please?

Thoughts please.

Di

Apologies, I can't quote from phone.

When I first started on the forum I must have started with separate threads before moving onto create a diary. The original posts are found on Next CCA thread - Strepsi.

Not sure how to get these onto my diary?

14th May 2018
        Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

"We really need to talk to you about this debt of £....., owed to our client Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Cabot).

If you do not contact us within 30 days from the date of this letter, Cabot may ask to issue court proceedings and then we will ask the court to order a county court judgement against you"

Couple of questions here, within the letter they refer to their client as Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, Next sent letter DATED 11th January 2017 stating that debt has been sold to Cabot Credit Management on 9th December 2016...goes onto all queries need to be addressed to Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd, all the following correspondence refers to Cabot Financial Uk Ltd as creditor.

I have read somewhere on the forum regards both Cabot UK and Mortimer Clarke solicitors, but not sure I understand.

As mentioned in previous post, how can I move my initial thread "Next CCA - Strepsi" to my diary.

Cheers

Last edited by Strepsi; 18 May 2018, 10:22.

Comment

• beeing a bit quick with winning the case and getting a ccj there me thinks, they give you 30 days was there anything else in with the letter?
          any forms , I&E request?
          NW
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
            beeing a bit quick with winning the case and getting a ccj there me thinks, they give you 30 days was there anything else in with the letter?
            any forms , I&E request?
            NW
            What should I be looking for?

Comment

What should I be looking for?
              Sorry didn't see the I and E in your reply.

There is a reply form, a few section: Section one Do you owe the debt, four possible scenarios, Section two How will you pay etc and an I & E Form.

Comment

There is a reply form, a few section: Section one Do you owe the debt, four possible scenarios, Section two How will you pay etc and an I & E Form.

That sounds like it may be a formal 'Letter Before Claim' - does it say that on the first page of the letter?

Are the "four possible scenarios" actual boxes headed A, B, C and D?

This is your Next thread > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...34824-next-cca

I'll read that to become familiar with the history before making any suggestions on this thread.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

That sounds like it may be a formal 'Letter Before Claim' - does it say that on the first page of the letter?

Are the "four possible scenarios" actual boxes headed A, B, C and D?

This is your Next thread > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...34824-next-cca

I'll read that to become familiar with the history before making any suggestions on this thread.

Di
                  First page of letter in box - We need your attention - potential legal action.

Section one Do you owe the debt

Box A - I agree I owe the debt.

Box B - I owe some of the debt, but not all of it.

Box C - I don't know whether I owe the debt.

Box D - I dispute the debt.

Section two: How will you pay?

Comment

• Yep , it's one of the new legal packs they are sending out,
                    Di will point you in the right direction, as I have not had one YET!!
                    enjoy your weekend.
                    best wishes NW,

P.S don't fret about it it's a loooooong way from a CCJ
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      Yep , it's one of the new legal packs they are sending out,
                      Di will point you in the right direction, as I have not had one YET!!
                      enjoy your weekend.
                      best wishes NW,

P.S don't fret about it it's a loooooong way from a CCJ
                      Thanks, hope you had a good weekend.

Comment

Okay I read your other thread and can see that the 'credit agreement' sent to you by Next in 2016 was deemed unenforceable by Niddy. I assume that document was sent to you in response to a formal s 77-79 CCA Request.

I can also see from this thread that in December 2016 the debt was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd but I can't see any history of what happened after that.

How much approximately are they chasing you for? Only post a ballpark figure so as to protect your/your wife's identity.

Di

Comment

Okay I read your other thread and can see that the 'credit agreement' sent to you by Next in 2016 was deemed unenforceable by Niddy. I assume that document was sent to you in response to a formal s 77-79 CCA Request.

I can also see from this thread that in December 2016 the debt was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd but I can't see any history of what happened after that.

How much approximately are they chasing you for? Only post a ballpark figure so as to protect your/your wife's identity.

Di
                          Hi,

The information received was through a formal CCA request.
                          They are chasing for approx £3999.99.

Cheers

Comment

Di
                            Di,

#326 contains (I think) all relevant info, then to 329. Unfortunately, when replying via phone it doesn't give me the option to quote the first post before.

Comment

Di,

#326 contains (I think) all relevant info, then to 329. Unfortunately, when replying via phone it doesn't give me the option to quote the first post before.
                              Just received a claim form regarding the Next (Cabot Debt). Have spoken with Di and have emailed relevant documents for her and Jo to look at.

Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Just received a claim form regarding the Next (Cabot Debt). Have spoken with Di and have emailed relevant documents for her and Jo to look at.

Fingers crossed!!

No worries

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X