GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously Silence BUT watch and don't take your eyes off of the DCA's !
    You will probably find a flurry of activity as you close in on the 6 years ironically this is a good insight into their mindset!
    That their Calculations on Statute Bar are the same as yours!!
    This is what taking control means getting into the mindset and thinking of the Enemy and anticipating their Tricks!
    When they react as expected PAT yourself on the BACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Obviously Silence BUT watch and don't take your eyes off of the DCA's !
      You will probably find a flurry of activity as you close in on the 6 years ironically this is a good insight into their mindset!
      That their Calculations on Statute Bar are the same as yours!!
      This is what taking control means getting into the mindset and thinking of the Enemy and anticipating their Tricks!
      When they react as expected PAT yourself on the BACK!
      I am keeping my head down.

I can't help but feel optimistic about two accounts which are high value (one mine one my wife) that are both Nat West they are both owned by Cabot.

???????At this moment in time I haven't sent a CCA request on either. I have no intention of CCA'ing as I feel that the CCA is my joker. (However I could be completely mistaken).

Comment

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post

I am keeping my head down.

I can't help but feel optimistic about two accounts which are high value (one mine one my wife) that are both Nat West they are both owned by Cabot.

???????At this moment in time I haven't sent a CCA request on either. I have no intention of CCA'ing as I feel that the CCA is my joker. (However I could be completely mistaken).
        Requesting S.78 CCA? Its become a tactical issue !!!
        The DCA's fire off Claims BUT without being capable of evidencing the claim!

Being so near DO NOTHING WITHOUT FIRST ASKING FOR ADVICE!

Comment

Requesting S.78 CCA? Its become a tactical issue !!!
          The DCA's fire off Claims BUT without being capable of evidencing the claim!

Being so near DO NOTHING WITHOUT FIRST ASKING FOR ADVICE!
          To clarify I have no intention of sending a S.78 and I will ask for advice.

But I really can't help but feel much more optimistic than back in 2016.

Comment

To clarify I have no intention of sending a S.78 and I will ask for advice.

But I really can't help but feel much more optimistic than back in 2016.
            YES reaching that 6 years plus one month! Watching the Credit Reports and seeing Debts dropping off!
            Also Tactics have changed over the years! Read the Diaries and you can see the change in Tactics!
            When I/We started it looked like climbing Everest!! But the Diary plus personal notes gives you growing confidence in being the master of your Debts rather than being the DCA's whipping BOY!
            Good Diaries help to make good decisions and knowledge empowers!

Comment

• Statute Barred in February.

I know that this question has been asked many times.

But surely I am safe to get or apply for a CC now, need to start building my score again. Looking to remortgage later in year.

Regards

Comment

Statute Barred in February.

I know that this question has been asked many times.

But surely I am safe to get or apply for a CC now, need to start building my score again. Looking to remortgage later in year.

Regards
                Hi

I think what you need to do first is to make sure that all the adverse entries have fallen off your status reports with all the CRAs (after February).

Comment

• It's the excitement that kills you!!!

When it gets so close to SB. You haven't received anything close to threatening letters, other than general letters from DCA's.

What type of thing could happen to make things difficult.

I know and I believe I have mentioned it before. But will use these two as an example. My wife and I have have an account each with NatWest they are now owned by Cabot UK.

I have previously mentioned that both these accounts have never been CCA'd, I wouldn't be doing this unless I was advised to.

In my simple mind, I see that they are close to running out of time. Can they really get all there ducks in order between now and the middle of February at the very latest. Considering that we haven't sent a CCA request.

Really hope that makes sense...?

Can't help but get giddy, been such a long time!

Comment

• Check all your paperwork, and make absolutely sure of the SB date. You don't want to fall on the run up to the line. As you have probably been told, there are various factors which determine the actual SB date. Any application for credit could alert creditors, so you need to be absolutely sure about this. Creditors will likely chase you anyway, but they are toothless if you are definitely SB.

So definitely double-check SB dates (they are likely to be different for each account you had) AND as previously mentioned, check your CRF for any adverse entries which could compromise your attempt to get credit.

Comment

• Hang on in there Strepsi, they may try to make the run in a little bit more entertaining!! But it’s only a joy ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                        Check all your paperwork, and make absolutely sure of the SB date. You don't want to fall on the run up to the line. As you have probably been told, there are various factors which determine the actual SB date. Any application for credit could alert creditors, so you need to be absolutely sure about this. Creditors will likely chase you anyway, but they are toothless if you are definitely SB.

So definitely double-check SB dates (they are likely to be different for each account you had) AND as previously mentioned, check your CRF for any adverse entries which could compromise your attempt to get credit.
                        So I have just checked bank statement, all my final payments were made in January 2016. The dates range from the 4th January up to the 28th.

All bar one have gone from my credit file, the one that remains has been won by Jo.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for you...

Comment

• Its six years plus 1 month so earliest will be say March 2022.

I remember seeing mine drop away and dates and deadlines pass away! Great feeling. But I took the decision to lie low just in case I had unintentionally restarted the SB clock! I had a couple of spats over Credit Entries! These I understood could have be interpreted as acknowledging the DEBT!

Comment

Its six years plus 1 month so earliest will be say March 2022.

I remember seeing mine drop away and dates and deadlines pass away! Great feeling. But I took the decision to lie low just in case I had unintentionally restarted the SB clock! I had a couple of spats over Credit Entries! These I understood could have be interpreted as acknowledging the DEBT!
                              Why plus one month?

Comment

• jassasblue
                                AAD Loyalist
                                22 December 2019, 17:19
                                Well, I can't believe it, I have passed the statute barred date for all of my debts apart from just the one, my last payment to all creditors was 16/12/2013

I have found the above post whilst searching other people's Statute Barred threads.

That to me looks like it is just 6 years. I have read a few times 6 years + one month, why the one month?

Comment

Working...
                                X