GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassy_K
    replied
    Re: Grassy Knollington vs Nasty Banks

OK. This is what I will do, tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Have you ever sent a formal request for your Consumer Credit Agreement? i suggest you do, this will give you some protection, and fingers crossed they dont have it, and will walk away.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
    Hi All,

I'm desperately in need of help. I was planning to go the UE route when ready to do with my terrible debts, so but due to personal issues and depression, the time is not yet right for me to take on my creditors. I have been paying reduced payments to most of them apart from this lot (reason below) and they have all been OK, but now I'm in trouble.

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2913

Account owner HFC still (I think) - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors as of 13/1

Being transferred to a DCA is nothing new to me, I've dealt with loads of them in the past, but I googled this lot tonight and for the first time I am frankly terrified of what they will do to me - no acceptance of payment offers/DMP - a quick frogmarch to court, CCJ, charging orders against property (I do have a home) and interest continuing to accrue.

Basically I've been attempting to negotiate reduced payments with HFC since October, filled in their I&E form and made an offer of £15/month, but they have not accepted the offer, sent out some automated letter that they want to discuss this with me further (didn't call them because I have depression and can't deal with these problems over the telephone) and continued to pile interest and charges on every month. And now I am awaiting Restons to write to me any day now. HFC will not deal with me via telephone and have given me Restons telephone number.

I can't have a CCJ because of my job and it would also cripple me financially to have to pay it and end up with a charging order against my home.

I've been trying to read up what I should do to try and stave off the vultures. Do I need to (1) Put in a complaint with HFC about my treatment, reiterating offer of payment and requesting Restons be put back in their box and (2) Put in a CCA request for a true copy of my credit agreement (just in case things do get nasty?).

Any advice would be well and truly appreciated.

Thank you

- Grassy
    Well I'd send off a CCA request and go down EU route ......If you've dealt with DCA's before.....This could stop them in there tracks if you send a CCA request...

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by planB View Post
    Why not let us take them on for you. We just love a challenge.

List all your debts in separate posts and we'll give you an overview. You'll be surprised how easy life becomes once you transfer the problem to us
    I would love to - and I will eventually. But the others are all playing ball and actually being OK about things. No letters, court etc. I'm also dealing with a divorce at the moment so I can't handle any extra paperwork or pressure right now. I just need to prevent the world of hurt and pain that I think HFC and their vultures are about to bring down upon my head.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
    I was planning to go the UE route when ready to do with my terrible debts, so but due to personal issues and depression, the time is not yet right for me to take on my creditors. I have been paying reduced payments to most of them apart from this lot
    Why not let us take them on for you. We just love a challenge.

List all your debts in separate posts and we'll give you an overview. You'll be surprised how easy life becomes once you transfer the problem to us

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    started a topic Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Hi All,

I'm desperately in need of help. I was planning to go the UE route when ready to do with my terrible debts, so but due to personal issues and depression, the time is not yet right for me to take on my creditors. I have been paying reduced payments to most of them apart from this lot (reason below) and they have all been OK, but now I'm in trouble.

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think) - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors as of 13/1

Being transferred to a DCA is nothing new to me, I've dealt with loads of them in the past, but I googled this lot tonight and for the first time I am frankly terrified of what they will do to me - no acceptance of payment offers/DMP - a quick frogmarch to court, CCJ, charging orders against property (I do have a home) and interest continuing to accrue.

Basically I've been attempting to negotiate reduced payments with HFC since October, filled in their I&E form and made an offer of £15/month, but they have not accepted the offer, sent out some automated letter that they want to discuss this with me further (didn't call them because I have depression and can't deal with these problems over the telephone) and continued to pile interest and charges on every month. And now I am awaiting Restons to write to me any day now. HFC will not deal with me via telephone and have given me Restons telephone number.

I can't have a CCJ because of my job and it would also cripple me financially to have to pay it and end up with a charging order against my home.

I've been trying to read up what I should do to try and stave off the vultures. Do I need to (1) Put in a complaint with HFC about my treatment, reiterating offer of payment and requesting Restons be put back in their box and (2) Put in a CCA request for a true copy of my credit agreement (just in case things do get nasty?).

Any advice would be well and truly appreciated.

Thank you

- Grassy
    Last edited by Grassy_K; 13 August 2014, 12:07.
Working...
X