GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Success with unenforcable letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success with unenforcable letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success with unenforcable letters

Hi, I am new to this forum. In fact this is the first time I have ever submitted a post to a forum!

Having visited Martin Lewis's website several months a go I decided to deal with my creditors with a view to reducing my indebtedness (about £30,000 on 4 credit cards and 1 loan). I sent off letters as outlined in the system, using the unenforcible letter templates. So far 3 of these creditors have failed to come up with the documentation I requested. One lender tried to lure me into signing documents (so that they could copy it onto one of their credit aggreement forms). The other 2 tried to string me along and persude me to continue paying each month. However, this has now fizzled out and my level of debt has reduced by about £8,900.

The other 2 creditors will require further work, but I am letting you know all this in the hope that it will encourage those of you who are just beginning the process. It really does work.

I am now suitably encouraged to press on and resolve the problems I have with the remaining 2 creditors I mentioned above.

Wishing you all the best of luck

wrayorama

Re: Success with unenforcable letters

well done you
    i have just started a diary as well and i think its great that we can support each other on here. :3sum

Comment

Originally posted by wrayorama
      Hi, I am new to this forum. In fact this is the first time I have ever submitted a post to a forum!

Having visited Martin Lewis's website several months a go I decided to deal with my creditors with a view to reducing my indebtedness (about £30,000 on 4 credit cards and 1 loan). I sent off letters as outlined in the system, using the unenforcible letter templates. So far 3 of these creditors have failed to come up with the documentation I requested. One lender tried to lure me into signing documents (so that they could copy it onto one of their credit aggreement forms). The other 2 tried to string me along and persude me to continue paying each month. However, this has now fizzled out and my level of debt has reduced by about £8,900.

The other 2 creditors will require further work, but I am letting you know all this in the hope that it will encourage those of you who are just beginning the process. It really does work.

I am now suitably encouraged to press on and resolve the problems I have with the remaining 2 creditors I mentioned above.

Wishing you all the best of luck

wrayorama

Mate , you do known that you still owe the money , its just that any UE accounts cant be enforced through the courts ?

Comment

reason i say that , is dont be surprised if creditors and their dogs hound you on and off for the next few years regardless , good luck though mate , obviously !

Comment

Originally posted by DGJsaver
          Mate , you do known that you still owe the money , its just that any UE accounts cant be enforced through the courts ?
          Well said, and so very true as well.

wrayorama - Debts that are UE mean they cannot be enforced, they can (and will) be hotly pursued by one DCA to another! It's a long way off being 'home and dry' as things stand.... just update this thread if and when you get letters from DCA's and we'll advise the best we can.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Wrayorama, I think it surprises everyone on these diaries that the letters, cunningly written by Nid and the gang are so effective. Too good to be true, some will say, but as the man said don' t knock till you try it !
            Keep battling and stay one step ahead
            Best ARIZ

Comment

Originally posted by ariz
              Hi Wrayorama, I think it surprises everyone on these diaries that the letters, cunningly written by Nid and the gang are so effective. Too good to be true, some will say, but as the man said don' t knock till you try it !
              Keep battling and stay one step ahead
              Best ARIZ
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X