GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Frazier's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier's Diary

Type of account Lloyds (now sold to Apex or Prime Credit 1 s.a.r.l. - Loan

Date commenced March 2008

Approx balance. £4,800

Date last paid September 2012 (sold to Apex Sept 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP stopped

Status default since Feb 2010

Account owner Apex Credit Management

Diary

02/10/2012 - sent CCA request to Apex CM

05/10/2012 - received letter from "Sales Support Admin" at Apex: "Dear X, Thank you for your letter, in which you have requested all documentation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) with regards to your above noted account. We can confirm that your request is being processed and your account will be placed on hold pending its fulfilment. We will write to you again with an update of our progress or on completion of the required documentation supplied in line with the act. Yours sincerely...." Any thoughts?

15/10/2012 - received letter from LTSB dated 04/10/2012 and also a letter from Apex (in one envelope) explaining that: "We are writing to notify you that LTSB has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to Prime Credit 1 s.a.r.l., effective 3rd August 2012. The total balance sold was XXXX, as at date 3rd August 2012. Any payments made towards your account after 3rd August 2012 will be forwarded to Apex Credit Management Limited, and will be deducted from the balance shown above. Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988, Prime Credit s.a.r.l., is now the Data Controller of your Personal Data contained in the records of this account....."
    THEN I get another letter enclosed from Apex, saying pretty much the same thing. It also encloses information regarding DPA handling. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by frazier; 20 October 2012, 17:34.

Re: Frazier's Diary

GOOd, this is normal procedure, now you relax and wait............seemples

Comment

Type of account Lloyds (now sold to Apex or Prime Credit 1 s.a.r.l.) - Credit Card

Date commenced March 2007

Approx balance. £2,900

Date last paid September 2012 (sold to Apex Sept 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP stopped

Status default since Dec 2009

Account owner Apex Credit Management

Diary

02/10/2012 - sent CCA request to Apex CM

05/10/2012 - received letter from "Sales Support Admin" at Apex: "Dear X, Thank you for your letter, in which you have requested all documentation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) with regards to your above noted account. We can confirm that your request is being processed and your account will be placed on hold pending its fulfilment. We will write to you again with an update of our progress or on completion of the required documentation supplied in line with the act. Yours sincerely...."

15/10/2012 - received letter from LTSB dated 04/10/2012 and also a letter from Apex (in one envelope) explaining that: "We are writing to notify you that LTSB has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to Prime Credit 1 s.a.r.l., effective 3rd August 2012. The total balance sold was XXXX, as at date 3rd August 2012. Any payments made towards your account after 3rd August 2012 will be forwarded to Apex Credit Management Limited, and will be deducted from the balance shown above. Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988, Prime Credit s.a.r.l., is now the Data Controller of your Personal Data contained in the records of this account....."
      THEN I get another letter enclosed from Apex, saying pretty much the same thing. It also encloses information regarding DPA handling. Any thoughts?
      Last edited by frazier; 20 October 2012, 17:34.

Comment

Please see update above 15/10/2012 - any thoughts why this letter is 2 months late? Are they trying to cover something up?

Comment

Originally posted by frazier View Post
          Please see update above 15/10/2012 - any thoughts why this letter is 2 months late?
          It is just a bog standard Notice of Assignment. This is obviously an absolute assignment.

Are they trying to cover something up?
          No, they are just as useless at administration as they are at everything else. This type of delay is just par for the course.

SH

Comment

Type of account Barclaycard

Date commenced February 2008

Approx balance. £750

Date last paid October 2012

Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP - recently offered part full and final settlement, which is currently pending since start of October 2012

Status DMP/Voluntary Plan

Account owner Barclays/Mercers

Diary

07/10/2012 - sent CCA request to Barclays

20/10/2012 - received letter from Barclays dated 18/10 saying: "Dear XXXXX, Reference: Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We acknowledge receipt of your request for information under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 dated 07/10/12. We are dealing with your request and will respond as soon as possible. Yours sincerely, XXXXX.........Barclaycard Customer Services"

15/12/2012 - received letter from Barclays dated 13/10 basically saying they have sold the debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd and that the repayment would continue as normal until a review in 6 months time: "....This letter is notice of the agreed assignment of the debt. This means we will close your account with Barclaycard and you will receive contact within 30 days from Link Financial Outsourcing Limited......" yours sincerely, XXXX Senior Collections Manager - Barclaycard

19/01/2013 - received letter from Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd dated 16th January 2013. They have written to confirm that "Barclaycard have assigned your account, as referenced to [previous letter]...." They will honour previous informal arrangement I had with Barclaycard (that I have cancelled just as it was being sold to Link Financial).
            Last edited by frazier; 19 January 2013, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              Barcraps often can't find them!

Their own butt or a CCA...?

Comment

Type of account LTSB Overdraft/Current Account

Date commenced 2008

Approx balance. £3,300

Date last paid October 2012

Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP at about £50 per month to Moorcroft who are the DCA

Status DMP

Account owner LTSB via Moorcroft

Diary

07/10/2012 - sent CCA request to LTSB from Overdraft Templates

22/10/2012 - recieved letter from LTSB dated 12/10 saying: "Dear XXXXX, you recently sent us payment for £1.00. Unfortunately we are unable to accept this payment as: -You have asked us to pay into a product we do not manage.... Please send another cheque/postal order, made payable to Lloyds TSB (a/c HPES) and quoting the loan agreement number, if you wish to pay this money into your loan. If you have any queries about this please call me. My number is at the top of this letter. Yours sincerely XXXXX Service Delivery Manager"

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Firstly, I never made reference to any loan account - its an overdraft.

Secondly, what action shall I take next, to demand this CCA to come from them.

They have sent back my original letter with the £1 enclosed.

Cheers

Comment

I think it's because they're not quite sure what to do with an overdraft cca request
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello all,

Please see post number 6 - Barclaycard have written to me saying they have basically sold the debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Limited. What are my options? Shall I stop paying via DMP (Payplan) to Barclaycard?

Also, regarding debts above forum post numbers 1 & 3, the debt which has been sold to Apex - I have had not heard from them AT ALL by letter, email or telephone. It been at least two months - have they just said "meh" to it and wrote it off. I have paid Apex nothing so far at all. What are my options here?

On both Apex accounts, I sent off the CCA request however nothing has been received back since then....

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
                      Last edited by frazier; 15 December 2012, 20:33.

Comment

I think you have to make the decision to pay or not

if it's been sold to link, they should be producing the CCA, did you send the CCA request to Barclays?

Comment

Yes, however I have only just been told its been sold to Link. Can it be related that once I done the CCA request to them that it makes them decide to sell the debt on?

I have not received any CCA since the request to Barclays two months ago, despite they replied to say that the CCA request was received.

I have been paying Barclaycard in the meantime on the DMP and I did make an early settlement offer which they rejected.

If it has been sold to Link, is it now more easier to go down the UE route, bearing in mind the above? I don't mind trying it out.

Comment

Please see post number 6 - Barclaycard have written to me saying they have basically sold the debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Limited. What are my options? Shall I stop paying via DMP (Payplan) to Barclaycard?
                            One fact is certain – if you don't stop paying, you will never get closure on the situation through the alleged debt becoming statute barred. All your token payments are achieving is to push the date when this matter could be solved ever further into the future.

You have requested a CCA and received nothing. Sharklaycard are one of the worst record keepers in the industry. Given those two facts, I would sooner stick my goolies in the liquidiser than make any more token payments.

Also, regarding debts above forum post numbers 1 & 3, the debt which has been sold to Apex - I have had not heard from them AT ALL by letter, email or telephone. It been at least two months - have they just said "meh" to it and wrote it off. I have paid Apex nothing so far at all. What are my options here?
                            No, they won't have said "meh" to it. They are a useless DCA who are probably just as incompetent at record keeping as they are at everything else. You have many options, but only one sensible one – wait to see what they do next. As the clock is your friend, the longer you have to wait, the better.

SH

Comment

Thank you scabhunter, you have confirmed my initial thoughts. I will keep you all posted if I receive any additional correspondence.

Comment

Working...
                              X