GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC, Northern Rock and Unenforceability - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC, Northern Rock and Unenforceability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC, Northern Rock and Unenforceability

Hi wonder if you can advise me here

My wife and I took out a Together Mortgage with Northern Rock in 2003. We also took out a Credit Card with Egg and a personal loan with HSBC. We then increased our HSBC personal loan to consolidate our overdrafts and credit cards.

In 2005 we had our first child and my wife had to give up work. we sold our flat and paid off the secured part of our together mortgage. In 2008 due to having a reduced income we entered a DMP, after advice from CCCS. The HSBC loan was defaulted and passed to DLC

Are these likely to be unenforceable?

Re: HSBC, Northern Rock and Unenforceability

Hiya

I dunno without seeing a CCA - apply for it, just continue to pay until you get confirmation, but to be fair if it is only two smallish debts i'd not ruin my credit rating for that.... That is my opinion, of course what you do is up to you...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HSBC loan already defaulted and have been making reduced payments to Northern Rock

Will apply for CCA's while continuing to make the reduced payments as the credit file is pretty much crapped out anyway

Comment

Hiya

I thought you said NR rock was repaid.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Only the secured part.
          No longer a mod.

Comment

Yep the secured part was repaid when we sold up. didn't make enough on the sale to clear the unsecured part though

Comment

then worth sending for CCA and see what they send back.....

Comment

Who should I send the CCA too for HSBC. Should I send to HSBC or Direct Legal Collections?

Comment

In your first post you mention that HSBC have passed it on to DLC.

Are DLC dealing directly with you on this?

If yes the CCA goes to DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
                    If yes the CCA goes to DLC.
                    Correct - thanks

Comment

HSBC Defaulted the "Managed Loan" and DLC now have responsibility for collecting the debt

Thanks for the advice, letters in the post this weekend

Comment

cheers for update y

Comment

Working...
                        X