GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ive been pre approved for a Capital 1 rebuilder card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive been pre approved for a Capital 1 rebuilder card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive been pre approved for a Capital 1 rebuilder card

What a joke.
    I took the UE route a couple of years back with a Captial 1 account, was a £10k+ balance but the agreement was bad and they rolled over quick.

Today postman turns up with a fancy letter from them offering me a Classic card which they say will help rebuild my credit, also it says pre approved with a £200 limit.
    I'm half tempted to accept it and see if it actually goes through.

Re: Ive been pre approved for a Capital 1 rebuilder card

Go on! I dare you!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Haha.
      Tempting as it is I think i'll let this lye.
      35% apr, theyve even offered the same apr as I was paying on the platinum account.
      Thieving gits.
      Hang on a minute, thats the wrong way round. Shows how bad the old apr was.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
        Haha.
        Tempting as it is I think i'll let this lye.
        35% apr, theyve even offered the same apr as I was paying on the platinum account.
        Thieving gits.
        Hang on a minute, thats the wrong way round. Shows how bad the old apr was.

Who knows? It could have been a bit of 'fact-finding' on their part. Why give them the info?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Exactly.
          I think im best off ignoring it and chucking it in the box which is currently used as a door stop for the office. Atleast the endless dca letters come in useful for something.

Comment

I'm jealous, I only got offered a Vanquis card but like you I filed it very carefully, mine went in the bin!
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Exactly.
              I think im best off ignoring it and chucking it in the box which is currently used as a door stop for the office. Atleast the endless dca letters come in useful for something.
              How unimaginative!

With some reusable moulds and some polyester casting resin, you could make them into novelty paper-weights to sell on eBay.

Comment

What a joke.
                I took the UE route a couple of years back with a Captial 1 account, was a £10k+ balance but the agreement was bad and they rolled over quick.

Today postman turns up with a fancy letter from them offering me a Classic card which they say will help rebuild my credit, also it says pre approved with a £200 limit.
                I'm half tempted to accept it and see if it actually goes through.
                Normally "pre-approved" means nothing, you just go through the apps as any other application. but more importantly you don't want to give them your details, signature and agree to t&s as that might give them ground to reconstruct your original agreement, thus make your debt enforceable.

Comment

Hi,
                  The only pre approved card I have is a McDonalds free coffee after I buy 6 me thinks that is the best one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by treblex33 View Post
                    Normally "pre-approved" means nothing, you just go through the apps as any other application. but more importantly you don't want to give them your details, signature and agree to t&s as that might give them ground to reconstruct your original agreement, thus make your debt enforceable.
                    One might, perhaps, understate one's income and get a friend to sign the form; if that signature subsequently appears on any "reconstruction", Crapital 1 could be exposed as forgers.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                      The only pre approved card I have is a McDonalds free coffee after I buy 6 me thinks that is the best one for me.
                      I prefer Café Nero.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        I prefer Café Nero.
                        how the other half live arh.

Comment

Wipe your arse with it and send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
                            I like it, say what you really mean
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post

But read the T & Cs first - there's probably a charge for that service!

Comment

Working...
                              X