GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script apology from Barclays - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

apology from Barclays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apology from Barclays

Hi NIDDY,

Mike from France here, remember me.

Today I got a letter of apology for my Barclaycard and another one for my Mastercard for not issuing a default notice.

I stopped paying my cards in October 09 and had a default notice for Mercers Feb 2010.

But today i got letter for both my cards telling me of outstanding balance but not asking for payment and saying that due to an error in their system they hadn't issued a default with the agencies until 05/08/10 and will stay on my record for 6yrs from that date. Can they do that?

The end of the letter says "Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay and any inconveniance this delay may cause you."

How strange is that.

Thanks

Re: apology from Barclays

Why do you think they can't. They only default after not being able to secure payment. Some companies will take longer to give up than others. Some companies will default after only two missed payments. Swings and roundabouts really.

Comment

Originally posted by brewster0101 View Post
      Why do you think they can't. They only default after not being able to secure payment. Some companies will take longer to give up than others. Some companies will default after only two missed payments. Swings and roundabouts really.
      Because I thought that if they are going to issue a default they have to give you 14 days notice.
      In febuary 2010 they issued a default notice that is now invalid is it not.

i would have thought that as they now say they defaulted me in August 2010 they should have sent me a notice in August.

Comment

Hiya

Hope it's going well for you

Being honest, with all things considered, you'd be best ignoring these and seeing what they are prepared to do - yea you can fight to get defaults removed but the lender can remedy that at any time so it's kinda delaying the inevitable; i'd just ignore them and see what they want to actually do next.

The defaults shouldn't have any bearing on your credit where you are now, and if it does - then consider a formal complaint, if you really feel it is necessary but me thinks you could be fighting a losing battle which you'd be best saving your energy over...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy,

thanks yes all is good here. I was going to ignore them anyway, I just thought it was odd that they didn't default me when they said they would and then apologise for not doing it.

This is the 1st contact I've had from Barclays since March last year and the last contact I've had from RCA was an offer of a lifetime last October, which I ignored.

You were up early to reply, or up very late.

Thanks again, hope you and family are all well.

Regards

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by smifff View Post
            This is the 1st contact I've had from Barclays since March last year and the last contact I've had from RCA was an offer of a lifetime last October, which I ignored.
            Hiya - you do right to continue to ignore then yea?

Glad things are ok, keep battling matey - catch you soon
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X