GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mikey & HSBC credit agreement. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey & HSBC credit agreement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey & HSBC credit agreement.

Hi, following a cc78 request I eventually received a copy of the attached agreement together with a bundle of terms and conditions etc. Could those in the know pass comment on the agreement please. You'll need good eyesight ;-) Thanks.
    Last edited by Pixie; 9 March 2015, 16:26. Reason: Bar code showing

Re: Mikey & HSBC credit agreement.

Hi, there is no agreement attached. Send all the paperwork unedited to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for Niddy to look at. Include your name in the subject line and a link to your thread.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi mike'y

I've deleted your attachment as the bar code may have been able to identify you even though you'd deleted your personal details.

Rather than attaching the agreement here, a better way is to use the agreement upload ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...?do=form&fid=4
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Hi, there is no agreement attached. Send all the paperwork unedited to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for Niddy to look at. Include your name in the subject line and a link to your thread.
        I deleted it Cym but my Dad phoned before I could post to explain.

The new way with agreements is to upload (unedited) as in post #3 rather than emailing them.

Comment

Oops, thanks

Comment

It's not a problem Cym

Comment

Hi, according to Niddy the agreement's unenforcible due to there being no signature or signature box. I've written to 1st Credit to rebut their claims of enforcibility. They have replied with a very lengthy letter (copy attached). From things I've read I feel that its probably hot air. I'd like to send them a letter to that effect :-). Is there a template or something suitable that I can refer to? Thanks.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mike'y; 23 April 2015, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
                Hi, according to Niddy the agreement's unenforcible due to there being no signature or signature box. I've written to 1st Credit to rebut their claims of enforcibility. They have replied with a very lengthy letter (copy attached). From things I've read I feel that its probably hot air. I'd like to send them a letter to that effect :-). Is there a template or something suitable that I can refer to? Thanks.
                I've deleted your letters I could see your name and address ever though you'd crossed them out

Comment

Thanks Deepie, I saw that to but couldn't delete the attachments. I've tried to upload a 'darker' version of page 1. Does it look better to you?

ETA, still to revealing. Can you delete them again please. I'll go and get something darker to paint onto my personal details.

Comment

Thanks Deepie, I saw that to but couldn't delete the attachments. I've tried to upload a 'darker' version of page 1. Does it look better to you?
                    nope still can see ur name

Comment

I can still read all your personal details.

Comment

ETA, still to revealing. Can you delete them again please. I'll go and get something darker to paint onto my personal details.
                        Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        I can still read all your personal details.
                        there gone

Comment

Ha ha but I'm still here, alive and kicking. Thank you for checking and deleting me ;-)

Comment

They're relying on Carey v HSBC but from what I can ascertain this is Consumer Credit Regulations 1983. Does this mean that there is a conflict between consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Credit Regulations 1983? Hence the confusion.

Is there a counter argument I can put forward? Thank you.

Comment

I've been going round in circles with this and have been re-reading as much as I can about unenforceibility. !st Credit only sent page 3 of the CCA. I don't know what's on the missing pages. The CCA hasn't been signed or got a check box. The prescribed terms are there though. I also received a bundle of card conditions at the start of the loan and a bundle for the end of the term when I defaulted.

As said above, 1st Credit have responded quoting Carey v HSBC but I'm not sure how to respond. I could just sit back and see what they do next or I could write and point out that I've not received my complete CCA that was requested under s78 just to take the higher ground? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X