GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One pre 2007 about to go ue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One pre 2007 about to go ue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One pre 2007 about to go ue

Hi,
    I had an automated call this morning, a google search tells me it’s from Cougar Financial Services / CFS which suggests it concerns my Capital One credit card (they are the only company from a total of 12 who haven’t accepted my DMP proposal). We’ve not received any letters from Capital One to say that they’ve passed the debt on to this collection agency but I have to assume that is what they have done. This credit card account was opened prior to 2007 and I intend to send a CCA request using your template with a £1 postal order via recorded delivery. I am wondering should I send it to Capital One or to the Collection Agency or to both? I assume we’ll be receiving a letter from them in the next few days to confirm the debt has been passed over but I’m pretty sure it’s Capital One. I can block any calls from Cougar and I’ll await a letter from them but I’m wondering how things might progress from here and whether they’re likely to turn up at the door, for example.
    Thank you for any help
    I have started a ue diary.

Re: Capital One pre 2007 about to go ue

I would just hold fire to see what they send

are you paying this in your DMP?

Comment

Cougar, right barstewards! kept on phoning me at work. First, aggressive, port of call for Crap 1. Don't give them any information, try not to talk to them on the phone. They will go away and pass you on to Credit Solutions.

Comment

What do you mean in the title about to go UE?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          What do you mean in the title about to go UE?
          I think what Digby means is that he is about to start following a UE strategy with this specific alleged debt, judging by the fact that he has just sent a CCA request.

Please correct me, Digby, if I'm wrong.

Crap One agreements of that vintage are usually UE, although I think the odd one has turned up which wasn't.

If you can block the telephone spam, then just do that for now. As for them turning up, it is always possible, but unlikely. It costs them time and fuel which they will not recover.

SH

Comment

Thank you everyone.
            Confirmed today by letter that capital one have passed to Cougar and we should deal with them, also letter from cougar confirming the same. I had tried for several months to reach agreement with capital one as part of my dmp which has been accepted by everyone else. I had decided that if they did not accept or passed it onto a dca I would look at the possibility that it might be ue. I haven't actually sent the cca request yet but intend to in the next couple of days. Should I send the cca request to capital one or cougar?
            I was already some way down the line with my dmp before I discovered this forum and had never heard of ue, but when the other dmp arrangements come up for review I will probably request cca's for those too.
            Some of my other creditors took a while to accept the dmp but I wrote telling them I would only deal with things by letter and used a call blocker. Capital One just kept sending letters asking me to call them and when I didn't they passed it on, so this is where we are today. Apologies if I keep switching between I and we, but we are a couple and in the same situation, although nothing is jointly held if you see what I mean.
            Thank you
            Last edited by Digby; 25 October 2014, 21:44.

Comment

Hi

The usual process is to send the CCA request to whoever is actually chasing you, so in this case Cougar. They may come back telling you to send it direct to Crap1, but it is their obligation to action your request.

Comment

I would definitely be looking into sending cca requests to your other creditors. Although I've never had a DMP myself there are lots of members on here who have found that their debts weren't reducing whilst on the DMP or getting a large bill when a debt was supposed to have been paid off on the DMP. They have then gone down the UE route wishing they'd done it sooner!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do not forget to get your diary started as this can be a long haul and save us all repeating questions in the future.

Comment

Hi,
                    I have received some info from Capital One regarding the cca request and would like to upload it for your consideration please, I have photographed it all but there is loads of it , I'm not sure what to upload.
                    We have their letter of explanation and the reconstituted agreement doc which I guess are important, but there are also a lot of other documents. e.g. "Terms of your Capital One Agreement" and multiple pages described as Original Agreement and Defaulted Agreement which seem sort of generic as they don't really make reference to me as an individual (except on one page it has my name and address at the top).
                    Will update diary now.
                    Thank you for any help.

Comment

CCA1974 copy blot out personal details for starters, and start a Diary as requested i.e. date when CCA request sent the date received etc etc saves a lot of back reading

Comment

Thanks, have started diary, hope it's ok.
                        Will upload docs asap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          CCA1974 copy blot out personal details for starters, and start a Diary as requested i.e. date when CCA request sent the date received etc etc saves a lot of back reading
                          When uploading your agreements via the secure upload portal please don't block out any personal details. It's perfectly safe to send it complete...only Niddy will see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                            Hi,
                            I have received some info from Capital One regarding the cca request and would like to upload it for your consideration please, I have photographed it all but there is loads of it , I'm not sure what to upload.
                            We have their letter of explanation and the reconstituted agreement doc which I guess are important, but there are also a lot of other documents. e.g. "Terms of your Capital One Agreement" and multiple pages described as Original Agreement and Defaulted Agreement which seem sort of generic as they don't really make reference to me as an individual (except on one page it has my name and address at the top).
                            Will update diary now.
                            Thank you for any help.
                            I wouldn't upload pages and pages of generic bumf. Niddy will ask if he needs to see anything else.

Comment

Hi Digby, I would just update your diary now as two threads can confuse, best to keep all your posts on one thread

---- > Digby's ue Diary
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X