GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability - Stuck in limbo! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability - Stuck in limbo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenforceability - Stuck in limbo!

Dear All,

So I owe about £25,000 on 5 credit cards. Circumstances changed for the worse in Spring 2012 coudn't continue payments. Have held the creditors at bay one way or another since....

I have followed your recommendations re unenforceability (was defaulted by all the card issuers so why not)...

Where I have gotten now is that they are demanding properly signed letters to issue my CCA's. Seems to be a stale mate.

What should I do?? Or have I missed a recommendation or point??

BTW..over the last year this forum has given me so much hope & comfort, thanks!

Regards,

GordonS_Lover

Re: Unenforceability - Stuck in limbo!

Tell them to get lost, you do not need to sign anything!

--> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...st-by-creditor

Or use our anti-tamper strip

Click image for larger version

Name:	anti-tamper.png
Views:	15
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1398416
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tactic if they don't have anything legit likely. Stall do they don't have yo fail to provide.

If they already have your sig from other letters then I don't personally see an issue in signing.

But follow advice from Niddy.

Comment

If it were me, id sign over the anti tamper strip, i know that they dont require a sig in reality, but they will state they do, and even though they are in default of your request, what you would prob prefer to know, is whether they have something enforceable or not. So if it were me, id bite the bullet, get it signed and see what happens.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All,

Many thanks for the advice...Have been a bit busy last few days.

I will use the anti-tamper strip & sign....Then we'll see if they (a) swallow that & send me the CCA or (b) dislike that, choke & refuse, in which case I will suspect they don't have a proper CCA & know it!

I will get back soonest I hear either way.

Regards, GordonS_Lover

Comment

They wont refuse using the anti tamper dont worry, they will have to either send something or admit they have nothing, whether they admit what they send is good is another matter
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, SXGuy,

I signed using the a/t strip & sent it off....Now it's wait & see!

Cheers,

GordonS_Lover

Comment

So Guys...

I used the a/t strip & got my CCA from one lender.

The documentation looks 'correct' in that it is my application form but I am unsure of the detail.

I will send it to Niddy.

Opening a thread on the Unenforceability Diaries.

Cheers,

GordonS_lover

Comment

Originally posted by Gordons_Lover View Post
                  So Guys...

I used the a/t strip & got my CCA from one lender.

The documentation looks 'correct' in that it is my application form but I am unsure of the detail.

I will send it to Niddy.

Opening a thread on the Unenforceability Diaries.

Cheers,

GordonS_lover

Thats the way... You are back in control now - You are calling the shots again and the banks / DCA's dont like that

You have turned the "stalemate" on its head to your advantage

See what Niddy comes back with - You may be pleasently suprised

Keep up with all the CCA's and keep all your letters ect Your diary will come along and soon you will have a complete picture - Only then can you make a fully informed decision as to how to proceed

No matter what the outcome of the CCA's, The people here on this forum will be by your side the whole way through with the very best advice that money cant buy !!

I know how it feels like an uphill struggle when you are a newby.....We have all been there - Read my diary !!

But hang in there and you will see that knowledge and experience is power - You are doing great

Comment

Many thanks Spud...how right you are!

Thanks to everyone on the Forum!

Regards, GordonS

Comment

Working...
                    X