GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can you cca for bank account? Please read :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you cca for bank account? Please read :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you cca for bank account? Please read :(

Hi there

im after some advice on various things so I'll start with this.ive been searching other threads but I'm still unclear.
    I've recently checked my credit file and found a default from a bank for a "basic" bank account from 2010 for around £300. I had no idea I'd defaulted.
    the default is solely made up of charges 100%.i had a zero balance, then a failed direct debit charge then charge after charge after charge. I refused to pay it.
    Now I've seen a few posts on other forums about ico guidelines and that if a default is made up of charges and if not for charges it wouldn't have defaulted then a default should not be placed..... I can't actually find this on the guidance myself can anyone help?

i also would like some clarification on if you can send the following request to the bank " a copy of the original credit agreement , a statement of accounts and copies of default notice"
    i ask because I sent that letter to the bank via recorded delivery over 2 months ago and have had no response. When I asked the question on another forum they said u couldn't cca a bank which confuses me as I've seen so many posts where people have done so and got a response from the bank.
    not only thar but surely if I've requested something they need to respond?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Thank you

Re: Can you cca for bank account? Please read

Ok

regards this issue of bank account charges, first complain to the bank! Explain it to them and spell out the facts. Don't worry too much about the legislative guidance elements - that comes after if you need to go to the FOS.

So first off write and complain to the bank. If a dca is chasing you ignore them for the time being whilst you contact the bank.

Good luck.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you
      shall I start a brand new complaint?
      or follow on from the fact that they have failed to provide any of the information I requested?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsfru View Post
        Thank you
        shall I start a brand new complaint?
        or follow on from the fact that they have failed to provide any of the information I requested?
        Dont worry about the info requested. Write and complain about this alleged debt and the fact you feel they are taking the piss and abusing their powers. Explain it was one missed DD - not your fault. Also explain that it was a one off and as a gesture of goodwill you'd like them to cancel & close the account.

See what that does.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lol any good templates anywhere for this ?
          Id love to simply put " you are taking the piss" though

Comment

Ok sit tight. I'll do it later for you.

Check tmw

Comment

Working...
            X