GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nightmare with Cabot! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare with Cabot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare with Cabot!

Hi Folks. Looking for a bit of advice! My partner has a debt with a credit card which has been transferred from the original bank to Cabot. I have gone through the unenforceability chart and we did receive a photocopy of the original credit agreement, so they say, its completely unreadable and they sent a reconstituted set of terms and conditions.
    We sent a letter back stating that it was unenforceable as per the template letters but they still hound him! Today we received one letter threatening balliffs etc they just don't get it.
    What action do I take now? Any help appreciated as this is a nightmare! thanks x

Re: Nightmare with Cabot!

Sounds like the usual garbage they send. They can't instruct a bailiff unless they take you to court - win and then you default on payments.

Typical dca toothless threats
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

I just wish these companies would admit defeat and just go away! They have been sending him letters offering him 30 or 40% of the total debt if he pays within x amount of days, I think they are just grasping at straws now.
      We have sent 3 of the final letters now from Niddy's templates and still they keep demanding money.

Comment

You need to stop sending letters now and ignore them. They will soon get bored.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X