GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard getting stroppy part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard getting stroppy part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard getting stroppy part 2

Hi

Sent Barclaycard a cca request They sent Terms and conditions and unsigned agreement and passed onto Mercers - I replied with attachment. Mercers have passed onto Resolvecall who made a doorstep visit today. I was answering door to postman when the man appeared and asked for me l told him "she is not here" he left a card asking that l call them urgently. I also received a letter from them today they have quoted an incorrect account number (not sure if this makes any difference ).

I am off work due to illness and this stress is making me a lot worse - so l would welcome your guidance

Many thanks

Re: Barclaycard getting stroppy part 2

Originally posted by flo5
    Hi

Sent Barclaycard a cca request They sent Terms and conditions and unsigned agreement and passed onto Mercers - I replied with attachment. Mercers have passed onto Resolvecall who made a doorstep visit today. I was answering door to postman when the man appeared and asked for me l told him "she is not here" he left a card asking that l call them urgently. I also received a letter from them today they have quoted an incorrect account number (not sure if this makes any difference ).

I am off work due to illness and this stress is making me a lot worse - so l would welcome your guidance

Many thanks
    Hello there, hope its not your real details in the attachment. bobo
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Barclaycard have doorstepped me before but I wasn't in, they pushed the slip through asking me to ring which I did and basically told them (P2C) that the account was in dispute and they were wasting their time coming around and if they do come again they will be told to leave my property immediately which the OFT regs say they have to do.

This might not be what you want to hear but you have to expect this sort of behaviour, just don't let it get you down and remember that the majority of what they say is just threats that they won't actually carry out, if you ring the number from resolvecall and let them know that they are wasting their time coming back then chances are they will ring Barclaycard and tell them what you said before passing it back.

Whatever you do don't let them know they are getting to you.

Comment

Thank you Hantsandy for the comments and for editing my post - sorry l totally forgot to remove the personal bits.

Thanks also to Locke l appreciate your comments - l know l usually just let it go but l think my judgement is clouded due to being unwell.

Thanks bobogosing - glad other people are more with it than me!!

Comment

Hi Flo - nice to see you here ;Hi

In have deleted the file you uploaded as it didn't need to be here really....

Ok, regards to the visits - they are a pain but unfortunately you have to do like you done today and blag it or just tell them to get lost as they are trespassing.....

What you need to do now is to send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=182#p182

And see what they come back with.... but don't get stressed, they have NO legal powers - remember that!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by flo5
            Thanks bobogosing - glad other people are more with it than me!!
            Hello flo5 ;Hi1
            I am a learner myself. You are in safe hands, I feel alot more calm now that I've found this forum. Really grateful for Niddy and everyone on this forum that are offering valueable advice and help.

So don't worry and good luck!

bobo k
            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing
              Hello flo5 ;Hi1
              I am a learner myself. You are in safe hands, I feel alot more calm now that I've found this forum. Really grateful for Niddy and everyone on this forum that are offering valueable advice and help.

So don't worry and good luck!

bobo k
              aaaaw, how sweet! :aaw
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X