GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fribourg's PPI Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fribourg's PPI Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fribourg's PPI Claim

Hi guys,

I start this thread just to let you know, that today I sent my PPI claim for a Loan taken in 2002, where the PPI was running till May 2007, but the loan was paid in full in about feb 2006. The original loan was 18.500 and the PPI added was 2077.47 so in fact 20577.47

I sent the cover letter and attached the PPI consumer questionnaire that was on the link, will see what I get back. At the time, I was told over the phone that without the PPI, would be difficult to get the loan, and no other information about that PPI was given, so nothing to loose here really, and maybe I can get the whole thing back and the interest, will see .

Hey Niddy, I've been in Cuba on the mid 90's, did really enjoy it, so if it is the first time for you, you will think that you took the time travel machine, at the time I was there, all looked like I was being dropped there in the 70's, you can see cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's in perfect working order, and the food is great same as their music, Hope you will have a great time, sure you will.

Re: Fribourg's PPI Claim

Originally posted by Fribourg View Post
    Hi guys,

I start this thread just to let you know, that today I sent my PPI claim for a Loan taken in 2002, where the PPI was running till May 2007, but the loan was paid in full in about feb 2006. The original loan was 18.500 and the PPI added was 2077.47 so in fact 20577.47

I sent the cover letter and attached the PPI consumer questionnaire that was on the link, will see what I get back. At the time, I was told over the phone that without the PPI, would be difficult to get the loan, and no other information about that PPI was given, so nothing to loose here really, and maybe I can get the whole thing back and the interest, will see .

Hey Niddy, I've been in Cuba on the mid 90's, did really enjoy it, so if it is the first time for you, you will think that you took the time travel machine, at the time I was there, all looked like I was being dropped there in the 70's, you can see cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's in perfect working order, and the food is great same as their music, Hope you will have a great time, sure you will.

Hi there

Thanks for posting up on your reclaim.

Wow, you do have lots coming back to you then, please keep us posted and if you require any help just give us a yell, good luck.
    Will keep a check on your thread.

Comment

Turbo is good at working out PPI calculations, so if you would like him to check them over, because remember there should be interest to come back as well to date.
      He may just want more details, but feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Turbo is good at working out PPI calculations, so if you would like him to check them over, because remember there should be interest to come back as well to date.
        He may just want more details, but feel free to ask.
        Thanks for the reply, appreciated

I think they would try all the tricks on the book, to avoid payment, one thing is for sure, the loan was secured on the property, and my job was stable, since I took the loan, the amount of PPI was 2077.47 and I well remember when the Lady at the other end of the phone, told me.....if you want to be sure of getting the loan, you must take the insurance.
        Whatever information is needed, just let me know. It should be 5 years interest at least, I remember I paid off the loan in January or February 2006, so a full 5 years since then. Will see what they reply, and the company in question, has already been fine for this practice, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, appreciated

I think they would try all the tricks on the book, to avoid payment, one thing is for sure, the loan was secured on the property, and my job was stable, since I took the loan, the amount of PPI was 2077.47 and I well remember when the Lady at the other end of the phone, told me.....if you want to be sure of getting the loan, you must take the insurance.
          Whatever information is needed, just let me know. It should be 5 years interest at least, I remember I paid off the loan in January or February 2006, so a full 5 years since then. Will see what they reply, and the company in question, has already been fine for this practice, so fingers crossed.

Hiya,

I have left a message with Turbo, but just to make sure, do you have all the paperwork, such as the SAR data?
          This may be of some help to your case, and another thing as well, as the sale of the policy taken place over the phone, wonder if they have kept a copy of the recordings?

Comment

I have the SAR, no idea about the recordings, is not mentioned on the SAR, unless I missed that info myself, should have a look into that more in detail, is at least 50 pages in all, that conversation was in January 2002 I think.

Comment

I have the SAR, no idea about the recordings, is not mentioned on the SAR, unless I missed that info myself, should have a look into that more in detail, is at least 50 pages in all, that conversation was in January 2002 I think.

Hiya
              Saying that it was 2002, so whether or not they will hold recordings going back that far - or even recorded calls then??
              But maybe when you have a spare few minutes check out any written transcripts which may enclose details of it being a telephone purchase.

Comment

So far the only mention I did find was the word Advised, see attached

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...rg/gesar01.jpg

Will have a look more in detail tonight

Comment

Update

I received a letter on March the 12th that they would look into it and bla bla bla see link

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/.../ppi_ge_01.jpg

Then a couple of days later I received a letter saying that after lookig at the points I have raised, they realised that my

complain is about mis-sold PPI, and that they provided the finance but not the PPI and that I need to contact Sterling Direct Loans, , see link

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/.../ppi_ge_02.jpg

Now the funny thing is, that when I received my SAR request, the letter at the time, stating that the account was opened etc,

and that the PPI was underwritten by Pinnacle Insurance plc I did highlight the specific paragraph, see link

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/.../ppi_ge_00.jpg

Now I'm a bit confused on what to do now, who do I need to contact next??

I knew this one was going to be hard to get
                  Last edited by Fribourg; 30 March 2011, 11:02.

Comment

I am in same boat. I took the loan out online using a company called compass. They arranged a loan with GE Money (first national). The underwriters were also pinnacle.

GE wont pay or entertain p[pi claim. They suggested the original loan broker compass. Compass went under in 2008 so only avenue is to go for underwriter pinnacle.

Fribourg - send the same ppi claim to sterling direct loans as they were the broker who arranged th loan and ultimately will have been the ones responsible for encouraging you to take ppi.
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

The Sterling direct loans website isnt active, if its the same company, so thats worrying. Check with companies house - i'd do it for you but just on way out, sorry.
                      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Cheers for that billypre

Ok after checking the application form, I can see it is from easyloans, and the credit agreement that came with it was from FNB (First National Bank plc) Is funny that they take all the money, and now they wash their hands.

I've been looking, but can't find anything or who to contact, seems to be a lost case this one unless someone knows different?

Comment

Contact GE again and ask if they have a contact for the loan broker either easyloans or sterling direct........ even if its just their company number or an address. Surprisingly, GE were actually very forthcoming with anything i asked of them when i called.

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for your updates.
                            You have been busy.

Right, sometimes there is 3 parties involved, depending if you used a broker as such to sort out the loan.
                            So Broker, Lender, and Insurer.
                            If no broker was used to arrange the loan, and it was direct with the lender, its them you would pursue and not the broker.
                            The insurer will come into the matter if there is no otherway to get your money back, so in other words if the broker or the lender dissolved or were not regulated by the FSA, then the FOS will consider the underwriter instead.

So what I would do in your case now, if the business is not longer running and were not regulated by the FSA when you taken out the account is contact the FOS, they will possibly suggest the underwriter, which is the same as the insurer.

Hope I have not made this all confusing for you though.

Good luck.
                            http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

Comment

Pinnacle insurance must be quaking at all these old GE Money (First National) loans claiming ppi. Lets hope theres a result at the end of it for us all !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X