GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI Reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI Reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage PPI Reclaim

Hi All

My mum and dad had PPI on their mortgage, and when she was made redundant she was refused a payout because she wasn't the main holder of the policy. (My dad had left by this point, and he was quite elusive, even a private investigator couldn't find him)

She was also miss-sold this policy because she wasnt told that when she first took it out. (This would have been 1995/6)

I appreciate its an old one but not sure if still able to reclaim or not.

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: Mortgage PPI Reclaim

Thank you for posting this

Please can you tell me the name of the provider who applied the ppi?

I can then go from there, thanks and its worth a shot.......

Comment

I think there are strong reasons there for a reclaim.

I would write to them and state that you have recently became aware of the mis selling of PPI, where you came to realise you (mum) has valid reasons to raise to this matter, explain what happened as above and that you want a refund of all premiums paid, plus relevant interest. I would also say that you would have raised this up earlier if you were aware then of the mis selling scandals. (in case it gives them the excuse to come back and say, "why didnt you raise this up with them before?"
      They have 8 weeks from receiving the letter to making the final decision, but should acknowledge the complaint within a week maybe 2.

I can find out the providers own procedures of making a complaint once I know, as they can differ from one business to the other, where they may also provide their own complaint forms etc...
      So as soon as you do have the details of them, let me know and I shall check this out for you x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        I think there are strong reasons there for a reclaim.

I would write to them and state that you have recently became aware of the mis selling of PPI, where you came to realise you (mum) has valid reasons to raise to this matter, explain what happened as above and that you want a refund of all premiums paid, plus relevant interest. I would also say that you would have raised this up earlier if you were aware then of the mis selling scandals. (in case it gives them the excuse to come back and say, "why didnt you raise this up with them before?"
        They have 8 weeks from receiving the letter to making the final decision, but should acknowledge the complaint within a week maybe 2.

I can find out the providers own procedures of making a complaint once I know, as they can differ from one business to the other, where they may also provide their own complaint forms etc...
        So as soon as you do have the details of them, let me know and I shall check this out for you x
        Awesome, I'll find out all the information. Would it be at all possible for you to proof-read my response prior to me sending it?

Want to make sure mum gets the most she can out of this.

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
          Awesome, I'll find out all the information. Would it be at all possible for you to proof-read my response prior to me sending it?

Want to make sure mum gets the most she can out of this.
          Yes of course!
          and your mum deserves it x

Comment

Yes of course!
            and your mum deserves it x
            Okay, so mum has come back to me and said she cant remember what the name of the company was, it was a building society which was then bought out by Nationwide? So not sure who that'd be? x

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
              Okay, so mum has come back to me and said she cant remember what the name of the company was, it was a building society which was then bought out by Nationwide? So not sure who that'd be? x

It may have been Derbyshire Home Loans/Building Society, they were bought by Nationwide but administered in Skipton, North Yorkshire.

Comment

When you mum tried to make a claim for her reasons at the time such, was this directly to Nationwide then she had done this with?

I would try to find out for sure on this if you can, do you still have a Nationwide in your local town?

Comment

When you mum tried to make a claim for her reasons at the time such, was this directly to Nationwide then she had done this with?

I would try to find out for sure on this if you can, do you still have a Nationwide in your local town?
                  We do have a Nationwide in our local town I bank with them. I'll find out if she made a claim with them or the previous owners.

If it was the latter, would this mean that shes unable to make a claim now?

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

Comment

Not a problem, because whoever taken it over would or should have taken over all the responsibilities and liabilities

Comment

Not a problem, because whoever taken it over would or should have taken over all the responsibilities and liabilities
                      Good news. I'll speak to her when I finish work and update as per.

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

Comment

So Di, upon further investigation she advised the building society that my dad (the main policy holder) wouldn't be paying the mortgage and that my mum would be (she was named on it), they documented this. She was paying PPI on the mortgage for about 6 1/2 years. She subsequently stopped paying when they told her they wouldn't pay out because she wasnt the main policy holder, despite her telling them this about 3 months after the mortgage agreement.

The building society was bought out in 2007/2008 apparently, but can't remember who it was, it wasn't derbyshire or anything like that, but I can remember it as I used to go in there with her when she paid her mortgage, but for the bloody life of me I can't remember who it was.

Any ideas on where we go from here?

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

Right okay and thanks for the useful info.

I would then start with Nationwide, but also a suggestion as well, is to SAR (Subject Access Request) them for info on the account. This may hopefully help and hopefully come back with details of failed claims that may give us a good lead on where to take this.

But, I would also suggest as well to call into Nationwide, because if they arranged the mortagage with the PPI, it will be down to them to pursue on this matter.

Comment

Right okay and thanks for the useful info.

I would then start with Nationwide, but also a suggestion as well, is to SAR (Subject Access Request) them for info on the account. This may hopefully help and hopefully come back with details of failed claims that may give us a good lead on where to take this.

But, I would also suggest as well to call into Nationwide, because if they arranged the mortagage with the PPI, it will be down to them to pursue on this matter.
                            Hey Di

Found out it was Portman Building Society. So would this still need to be addressed with Nationwide? also; what exactly should I write?

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

Arh right, so to make sure this is right first time, the mortgage was arranged by Portman or taken over by them?

Comment

Working...
                              X