GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How do I go about reclaiming PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I go about reclaiming PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I go about reclaiming PPI

Hi

Is there criteria for reclaiming loan PPI and what do I need to ask for first please

Thanks in advance

Susan

Re: How do I go about reclaiming PPI

Morning Susan
    Di is our resident PPI expert and will no doubt look in later, but to get you started have a look here for the criteria, and good luck!
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...74&postcount=4

Shep x

Comment

hope you weren't listing to the numpty on the BBC, stick with our Di, at least she knows what she's talking about.............

Comment

Thank you my friends and hi Susan.

With the link our Shepherdess posted above, check through there first, and if any of that applies to you then you have a reclaim/complaint.

The list is endless.

Do you have any paperwork, agreement etc?

It can be a good idea to have the paperwork, in case you need to refer back to it at some point, but you can still continue to make a reclaim whilst awaiting the paperwork (SAR), as long as you have the account number.

There is no real limit as such, many have been successful from older accounts in the 90's, I was one of them.
        It's always worth giving it a go on the reclaiming no matter how old the account is "If you don't try, you will never know"

You always pursue the business who set up and sold you the account, so if you used a broker you complain to them.
        Always keep copies of the paperwork you sent as well, this is in case you need to refer back to it again later, or even complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

Below is the reclaim/complaint questionnaire, this is what you complete to send to the responsible business who sold/mis sold you the policy (as stated above).
        Complete/send and as said, keep copies.

They should confirm acknowledgement by sending you a letter - that they received your complaint, and enclose details of the procedures from there, also of when you should hear from them with a decision, this is normally 8 weeks they have, but if they require more time, they should write to let you know, also by enclosing details of the FOS.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Also, just to state, do not use a claims company, the regulators, and banks are suggesting this as well, because doing this yourself, if your successful, you get to keep all your money/refund on success, where you would have to pay a claims company (CMC).
        And it's probably much easier in the long run as well this way.

If you require more help from here, please give us a yell.

Good luck.
        Last edited by di30; 23 April 2012, 08:20.

Comment

Working...
        X