GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DS's reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS's reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS's reclaim

Guys

this is so not my area so need a bit of guidance! DS and DD have reclaims in for missold PPI (cos I made them do it) DS is a student and it wasn't that much (around £120), MBNA have written to uphold his claim on 5th July and told him the cheque would be there within 28 days, guess what no cheque............so we've phoned three times, thinking perhaps the cheque was lost in post (naive I know), they are palming off, telling him something wrong and they need to speak with a superior (who stangely enough is never there) and of course they will phone back. They haven't, so is there a really nasty letter to send or can I just report them for non compliance?

DS's claim is with HBOS and apparently they have 16 weeks to respond? is this correct or do I have to start here as well?

thanks

Re: DS's reclaim

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
    Guys

this is so not my area so need a bit of guidance! DS and DD have reclaims in for missold PPI (cos I made them do it) DS is a student and it wasn't that much (around £120), MBNA have written to uphold his claim on 5th July and told him the cheque would be there within 28 days, guess what no cheque............so we've phoned three times, thinking perhaps the cheque was lost in post (naive I know), they are palming off, telling him something wrong and they need to speak with a superior (who stangely enough is never there) and of course they will phone back. They haven't, so is there a really nasty letter to send or can I just report them for non compliance?

DS's claim is with HBOS and apparently they have 16 weeks to respond? is this correct or do I have to start here as well?

thanks

Hiya hon

First of all well done to your son, every penny counts. And its better in his pocket that theirs.
    I will try to find the CEO email address, maybe then you could email and tell them your not happy (on behalf of your son, you know what I mean) .

That is correct in regards of the 16 weeks, the FSA have given extra time to the main of the banks due to backlogs, good luck. x

Comment

As promised, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
      ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

Tell them your not happy, and you want this resolved soon, or you will be in touch with the FSA.

Hope that works, good luck.x

Comment

thanks Di, bloody ridiculous that you have to go to these lengths to get a simple refund, I will slap DS as he was stupid enough to say yes in the first place and if he's thought about it and listened to his mother he wouldn't have!!!

Comment

thanks Di, bloody ridiculous that you have to go to these lengths to get a simple refund, I will slap DS as he was stupid enough to say yes in the first place and if he's thought about it and listened to his mother he wouldn't have!!!

Your welcome honey

Yes I know, if the shoe was on the other foot they would not leave us alone!

LOL, mine was the same, when he was a full time student he purchased a burton card with ppi, he did eventually get it back with my help.
          Hope your DS hears soon, fingers crossed x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            LOL, mine was the same, when he was a full time student he purchased a burton card with ppi,
            In the name of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, why?

Montague Burton make appalling clothes and I'm sure their cutters are cross-eyed.

Comment

Di,

Are you the Leggyb??.....
              -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Now that would be telling.........

Comment

telling him something wrong and they need to speak with a superior (who stangely enough is never there) and of course they will phone back.
                  Out of curiosity, WHO is this superior.?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

dunno oscar, you tell me
                    but its never there for some strange reason, maybe doesn't exist and they use that to palm people who don't know any better when they can't answer a straight question???

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                      they are palming off, telling him something wrong and they need to speak with a superior (who stangely enough is never there)
                      Out of curiosity, WHO is this superior.?
                      God, innit!

Comment

dunno oscar, you tell me
                        but its never there for some strange reason, maybe doesn't exist and they use that to palm people who don't know any better when they can't answer a straight question???
                        Or, for some reason, they cannot find a virgin whose chastity they can sacrifice to supplicate their chosen sky-fairy?

Comment

thank you Di!!!!

email to Ian O'Doherty
                          1 hours 10 mins later
                          most apologetic chastened sidekick on DS's mobile
                          many apologies, no idea how it could have happened
                          was upheld apparently then they changed their minds but omitted to tell DS
                          long story short money in account by Friday

shame that to get kind of action you have to email the CEO, says it all really!

and that money better be there by Friday!!!
                          Last edited by MrsD; 22 August 2011, 15:24. Reason: afterthought

Comment

thank you Di!!!!

email to Ian O'Doherty
                            1 hours 10 mins later
                            most apologetic chastened sidekick on DS's mobile
                            many apologies, no idea how it could have happened
                            was upheld apparently then they changed their minds but omitted to tell DS
                            long story short money in account by Friday

shame that to get kind of action you have to email the CEO, says it all really!

and that money better be there by Friday!!!

Brilliant and glad to hear this is sorted.

Your very welcome honey, and Yes I know what your saying, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Anyway, well done! x

Comment

Update

well despite great promises by said sidekick, no bloody money has been forthcoming
                              so
                              MummyDearest here sent another email to Mr Bloody O'Doherty yesterday afternoon and I didn't miss his smug mug and hit any barn doors!

Said sidekick was on the phone at 9.06 this morning, once again can't understand how this has happened blah bloody blah, anyway now coming by Wednesday, we shall see.
                              they could not run a menage as my Granny used to say!

Comment

Working...
                              X