GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc......

If anyone believes they have been mis sold the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) on their Credit Cards and requires any help, please visit the reclaiming thread as below.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...splay.php?f=33

Re: Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc......

Hi Di,

Can you answer a question for me? Can I still reclaim ppi for cards taken out around 1990 and for which I have no records other than what remains on my credit file when they went belly up. As you know from OTR I lost my job for health reasons, three credit cards maxed out after losing a slaray of 55K to 8K overnight with all the old commitments. Not one ever paid a penny in ppi though I had it on all three.

Also as all except one has been sold onto DCA's, would the money from the ppi go to offset the debt to the DCA or as it's no longer with the OC would the money come to me?

Thanks as always,

Caspar
    xxx

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
      Hi Di,

Can you answer a question for me? Can I still reclaim ppi for cards taken out around 1990 and for which I have no records other than what remains on my credit file when they went belly up. As you know from OTR I lost my job for health reasons, three credit cards maxed out after losing a slaray of 55K to 8K overnight with all the old commitments. Not one ever paid a penny in ppi though I had it on all three.

Also as all except one has been sold onto DCA's, would the money from the ppi go to offset the debt to the DCA or as it's no longer with the OC would the money come to me?

Thanks as always,

Caspar
      xxx

Hi Casper, good to see you here hun and hope your well.

I would give it a go, some I am aware have been successful from the 1990's and even late 80's.
      I take it you still have the account number?

If there is debt still remaining on that actual account, its normally the case of refunding the award to the debt, but anything remaining plus interest is normally awarded directly to you.
      Pursue the ones who sold you the account though Casper, and not the DCA.

Di
      XXX

Comment

I suppose the problem would be getting the data with which to construct a claim.

I have this difficulty at the moment with Marbles. On a SAR I have been sent data from 2003 onwards and which shoes PPI being paid until 2004. However, the card it transpires was opened in 2000. So, it looks as if PPI may well have been applied for at that time but I don't have the data to quantify my claim properly.
        Last edited by The Debt Star; 3 February 2011, 12:26.

Comment

Hiya TDS

Just make a reclaim, I don't have all the data for the 2 via Loyds TSB prior to 2000, but they are dealing with my complaint, give it a go, I take it you do have the account number?
          They may suddenly turn up with something, that is known to happen, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Hiya TDS

Just make a reclaim, I don't have all the data for the 2 via Loyds TSB prior to 2000, but they are dealing with my complaint, give it a go, I take it you do have the account number?
            Great. I'll give it a punt then :-)

I have a potentially juicy PPI thread OTR too, £4K with Mastercard.

lets hope the JR doesn't bugger up everything eh.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hiya TDS

I didn't have all the data for Black Horse i thought it was around £1,000 and they refunded £2700 so it worked in my favour.

Gerry x
              Last edited by Gerry; 3 February 2011, 12:44.

Comment

The judicial review will probably screw everything up...but fingers crossed it doesn't.

Comment

Just think positive, stay strong and fingers crossed x

Comment

Di, I've just posted on AAD ref my Mastercard PPI woes.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                      Hi Di,

Thanks as always,

Caspar
                      xxx
                      casper i owe santander aprox 30k i claimed ppi and they paid it straight into my barclays account so booked a nice fortnight in the sun with it
                      at the start of this journey i owed
                      £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                      £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                      on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                      as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                      ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Quick question.

If i filled out an application form which was a loose leaflet inside a motoring magazine & ticked the PPI box, what reason could i give on the FOS Consumer Questionnaire form for being unhappy with the policy?

I checked the help section on another well known forum & all they mentioned were 'the salesperson this' & 'the salesperson that', but what if you didn't talk to a salesperson?
                        Last edited by kentishbloke; 27 October 2011, 14:44.

Comment

I assume you were sent T&C's for the ppi policy - you should have been. Have a read of those - there's bound to be something which you can use in there.

Comment

There are lots of reasons for being mis sold, and it may have been that you assumed it was a good thing at the time and yet did not know about what the policy involved, so it may have been worthless to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                              I assume you were sent T&C's for the ppi policy - you should have been. Have a read of those - there's bound to be something which you can use in there.
                              I must have had something, but honestly can't recollect it, especially as i originally applied for the card back in 1994. I certainly don't have any paperwork that goes back that far.

Comment

Working...
                              X