GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FLA (Finance and Leasing Association) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLA (Finance and Leasing Association)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLA (Finance and Leasing Association)

FLA (Finance and Leasing Association)

Regarding PPI.

Has anyone had any success by going through these people yet?

That is my next step but I really don't want to waste the paper/ink and postage if they cannot get the bank to step up to the mark.

Anyone?

Re: FLA (Finance and Leasing Association)

Hi Vossy

I have over at MSE heard of success, but also hear they are not easy.

You have to provide them with evidence, not already provided to the one you complained to.

I have had a letter from Santander about the FLA, but thinking about skipping them and taking it the underwriter avenue.
    I read the other day, that someone was successful going the underwriter/insurer avenue.

Comment

Thanks Di, this was Blackhorse and they have just ignored everything and pointed me at the FLA, but looking at their site I have read exactly what you have said, the case is clear cut from my side but BH are just being the arses they normally are. I think I may have to let this one slip unfortunately.

Comment

Deffo try the FLA first.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Deffo try the FLA first.....
          Thanks Niddy but I have no "new" information to offer the FLA over what I have sent BH, PPI taken with a loan but I was staff paid regardless of how much time off, BH not interested.

Comment

Some details below..........
            http://www.fla.org.uk/consumers/complaints-process

PPI COMPLAINTS:
            If you have a complaint about the sale of PPI, please read the information below carefully.
            The FLA will be UNABLE TO CONSIDER your complaint in the following circumstances:
            • You have received a letter from the company to which you made a complaint which states that your complaint is outside the time limits. This is usually indicated by use of the words “Time Barred under the Limitations Act 1980”. This means the company believes that your complaint has been made outside of the time period the law allows for you to bring a complaint of this type.
            • The company to which you have complained has confirmed that while it provided the finance for your loan, another company sold the PPI policy to you. For example, a broker, a car dealer or a window company representative. As this other company is not a member of the FLA, we cannot consider the complaint.
            • You have NO NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint.
            The FLA WILL CONSIDER cases in the following circumstances:
            • You have NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint which has not been seen previously by the company to which you made your complaint. For example, evidence that you were unemployed or otherwise ineligible for the policy.
            • You were unemployed when the policy was sold to you. You will be asked to provide information to show that you were unemployed at the time (e.g. your National Insurance Contributions (NICs) for the year the policy was taken out). HOWEVER, if you have been advised that your policy may have been transferrable to your spouse or partner, and they were unemployed at the time the policy was sold, you will need to provide information about your spouse/partner’s NlCs.

Comment

Yeah Di - I think it will be a lost cause with these, at least the FOS do have one tooth left - just!

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                Yeah Di - I think it will be a lost cause with these, at least the FOS do have one tooth left - just!
                It's up to you of course, if you want to rule them out first by sending what you do have.

Comment

If you decide to want to give them a try anyway............

Making a complaint

If you have a complaint against a member company, you should first of all try to resolve it with the company – often resolution is simple.
                  If, however, you have an unresolved complaint against a full member of the FLA, and you wish to make use of our complaint scheme, you can use the FLA conciliation procedure.

The conciliation procedure is addressed below, however, if you are submitting a PPI complaint to the Finance & Leasing Association, please read the information in the box
                  PPI COMPLAINTS:
                  If you have a complaint about the sale of PPI, please read the information below carefully.
                  The FLA will be UNABLE TO CONSIDER your complaint in the following circumstances:
                  • You have received a letter from the company to which you made a complaint which states that your complaint is outside the time limits. This is usually indicated by use of the words “Time Barred under the Limitations Act 1980”. This means the company believes that your complaint has been made outside of the time period the law allows for you to bring a complaint of this type.
                  • The company to which you have complained has confirmed that while it provided the finance for your loan, another company sold the PPI policy to you. For example, a broker, a car dealer or a window company representative. As this other company is not a member of the FLA, we cannot consider the complaint.
                  • You have NO NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint.
                  The FLA WILL CONSIDER cases in the following circumstances:
                  • You have NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint which has not been seen previously by the company to which you made your complaint. For example, evidence that you were unemployed or otherwise ineligible for the policy.
                  • You were unemployed when the policy was sold to you. You will be asked to provide information to show that you were unemployed at the time (e.g. your National Insurance Contributions (NICs) for the year the policy was taken out). HOWEVER, if you have been advised that your policy may have been transferrable to your spouse or partner, and they were unemployed at the time the policy was sold, you will need to provide information about your spouse/partner’s NlCs.

1. What is the FLA conciliation procedure?

We will liaise between you and our member in order to resolve your complaint. We will ensure they respond to your concerns and monitor their compliance with the provisions of our Code.

The reply may be sent to you direct and a copy sent to the FLA, or they may write to us in which case we would advise you of their comments.
                  As soon as we receive a copy of their reply, we will write to you asking whether you are satisfied with the response. If you do not respond to the letter within four weeks, we will assume that you are satisfied and the file will be closed.
                  Please note that the FLA cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint.
                  2. If you are unhappy with the response

If you are not satisfied with the response, you should write to the FLA highlighting the points that you remain dissatisfied with. You should clearly state the redress you are seeking and why.
                  Although we cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint, we will continue to work with you until a satisfactory conclusion is achieved or it is more relevant for your complaint to be considered by somebody else.
                  When the conciliation procedure is exhausted, we will advise you of any course of action open to you should you wish to pursue your complaint further.
                  As a customer, we will tell you about our independent arbitration scheme which is operated through the In Independent Dispute Resolution Services (IDRS). Download a copy of the rules of the independent arbitration scheme.

3. How to begin?

Before you begin, check our Membership page to make sure the company is a full member of the Association. Make sure you check your agreement carefully for the name of your lender, as it is also possible that they use a trading name.
                  Then you need to register your complaint and supply some basic backup information. There are two possible ways of doing this: submitting a complaint on-line or by using a downloadable form (see right) that you complete and post to us with supporting documents. If, for any reason, you would prefer a complaint form to be posted to you, please call the FLA on 020 7836 6511
                  You will need to complete and sign the hard copy form, which grants the FLA authority to conciliate on your behalf, and gives us access to account information held by the company you are complaining about.
                  Alternatively, please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you can submit an online complaint.
                  4. The backup information we will need

When you post the complaint form to us, you should also include:
                  • A copy of your credit agreement.
                  • Your account/agreement number.
                  • Copies of any supporting documentation/correspondence you have.
                  • Your completed consumer complaint form.
                  • If you are acting on behalf of the agreement holder, a signed letter of authority from the agreement holder.
                  5. Acknowledging your complaint

Once we receive your complaint, we will send you an acknowledgement e-mail or letter. If you do not hear from us within a week, please contact us to ensure we have received your complaint.
                  6. Other routes to redress

You may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Our member will send you details about how to do this at the relevant time.

However, if your complaint arose before 6th April 2007, this option will not apply. If this is the case, the FLA will advise you of your further options.

Please ask us at any time if you would like further information. You can also contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 0845 080 1800.
                  7. Additional Information for Claims Management Companies

We will accept complaints from Claims Management Companies on behalf of consumers. All complaint forms, including On-line complaint forms, submitted by a CMC on behalf of a client, must be accompanied by a signed FLA CMC Authorisation Form (right) and a signed letter of authority. We will be unable to process your client’s complaint until this information has been received.
                  8. Things to note

Please check the date that you will find on the bottom of your agreement in order to determine which FLA Code of Practice applies.
                  The FLA cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint.
                  The FLA does not provide legal advice under any circumstances. If you require legal advice you should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau, Trading Standards Office or a Solicitor.

All complaints received at the FLA are logged and monitored by the Association.

We are unable to invoke the conciliation scheme where the matter has been, or is being considered by the courts or any other independent arbitration or ombudsman scheme.

Please address all complaints to:

The Compliance Manager
                  Finance & Leasing Association
                  Imperial House
                  15-19 Kingsway
                  London
                  WC2B 6UN
                  Fax: 020 7420 9600

Email: code@fla.org.uk

You can use the link below to submit a complaint to the FLA online. Once you begin, you will need to follow the prompts to register your complaint - there are a few questions you need to answer to make sure that we will be able to deal with your complaint.
                  If, for any reason, you would prefer a complaint form to be posted to you, please call FLA on 020 7836 6511.

Or you may download a copy.

Online complaints: continue to step1

Comment

Thanks Di, I already downloaded a copy of the form, I will give it some thought but at this point I am doubting it.

Thanks

Comment

Your welcome Vossy,

I know I am the same as well, debating lol.

Comment

I have so much paperwork it would cost me a tenner just to send it all, then there is the print and stuff, to be told then that there is nothing they can do anyway would be a real kick.

Comment

I have so much paperwork it would cost me a tenner just to send it all, then there is the print and stuff, to be told then that there is nothing they can do anyway would be a real kick.
                          Yes I know exactly what you mean Vos, it was the same for me, but I have also wrote to the underwriter at the same time, I did inform the FLA of this and they said whilst considering we are still free to complain to any other organisation.

Just wondered if you got the form off to the FLA Vossy?
                          If so have you received any acknowledgement from them yet?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Yes I know exactly what you mean Vos, it was the same for me, but I have also wrote to the underwriter at the same time, I did inform the FLA of this and they said whilst considering we are still free to complain to any other organisation.

Just wondered if you got the form off to the FLA Vossy?
                            If so have you received any acknowledgement from them yet?
                            Hi Di, no I didn't, I have nothing new to offer them and although I know there are supposed to be able to regulate I know that they have no real sway with the banks, BH are just hiding behind the dates on a clear cut cut case of miss selling, it was a paid upfront case when employer would have paid for time off.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Di, no I didn't, I have nothing new to offer them and although I know there are supposed to be able to regulate I know that they have no real sway with the banks, BH are just hiding behind the dates on a clear cut cut case of miss selling, it was a paid upfront case when employer would have paid for time off.

Thanks
                              Hi Vos

Oh right, hope you didn't mind me asking.

So will you be considering other options, underwriter??

You do have a good case with this one mind you.

Comment

Working...
                              X